Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Academy

Max Gradel, Scott Garner, Ryan Beswick, Eric Odhiambo scored.

Gerry says he'd like Mattock to get a chance.

He might get to give Mattock that chance if Kelly gets the sack on Monday.

Good to see the Academy still doing well. Putting the first-teamers to shame.

It would be nice, and it would make a bit of a statement to the first team, if King made the bench for the Derby game with the declared intent of actually throwing him into the action for 30-45 minutes. At the moment though the player we really need most to be fit and in the team at his best didn't even make the bench today despite coming on as sub last time. It's not going to be much fun watching these clowns against Derby.

It would be nice, and it would make a bit of a statement to the first team, if King made the bench for the Derby game with the declared intent of actually throwing him into the action for 30-45 minutes. At the moment though the player we really need most to be fit and in the team at his best didn't even make the bench today despite coming on as sub last time. It's not going to be much fun watching these clowns against Derby.

Latest Team Photo

ClownsGroup2.jpg

if the academy played the "alleged" first team who would win do you think?

My money is on academy

Would be very interesting to see the fallout it caused if the academy did win.

Not that i think they would because there obviously isnt any experience in the academy and that goes without saying otherwise they wouldnt be in academy lol. Chances are the first team would rip em to shreds :ph34r:

Would be very interesting to see the fallout it caused if the academy did win.

Not that i think they would because there obviously isnt any experience in the academy and that goes without saying otherwise they wouldnt be in academy lol. Chances are the first team would rip em to shreds :ph34r:

It would certainly be quite interesting and I am not at all sure that, given the respective confidence within the teams, that the first team would rip the Academy side to shreds..especially if they were allowed two or three Academy old boys like Levi, Weso and Dodds.

I do think the first team forwards might pose the Academy defence some problems with their pace and strength but the Academy midfield and attack are a handful for anyone.

Tags mentioned Mattock but I honestly believe King is a more complete and dangerous player at this stage. Odihambo's played for the first team but is not noticably better than Billy McKay or Ashley Chambers (when fit) nor will Newton pose more goalscoring danger than Gradel from what little I've seen so far.

King/Tejan-Sie/Weso could combat any midfield pairing of the first team and either Levi or even Ryan Beswick would be better than Yeates, Levi cos he's a far better all-round player and Beswick because he is so focused on getting the ball accurately into the box.

I do think the first team would win - and they damn well ought to - but 4-2 or something of that order. There is no way our cumbersome first team defenders would stop the Academy attack and, don't forget, most of the yougsters have already gained plenty of experience at reserves level.

Yeah but there is a big difference in quality beween Championship football and U18 level. These payers might look really good when playing other U18 sides, but if they were up against a first team then they wouldn't.

It's like saying some Conference player is amazing - it doesn't mean he will be able to compete against Chelsea and Man U.

Great stuff again from the academy - even they can go away from home, win the game and keep a clean sheet, whilst playing well at the same time. Really does put the 1st team to shame. And makes Kelly look a complete arse. They've about won the league now haven't they surely??

Yeah but there is a big difference in quality beween Championship football and U18 level. These payers might look really good when playing other U18 sides, but if they were up against a first team then they wouldn't.

It's like saying some Conference player is amazing - it doesn't mean he will be able to compete against Chelsea and Man U.

If you were suggesting they take on Chelea or Manchester United I'd have a totally different opinion. Basically you're talking about top quality players with top quality movement and there is little similarity between those teams and Leicester City.

You mention Under 18 football but from our U18 team team: Cisak, Magunda, Mattock, Lycett, King, Teejay, Gradel, Odhiambo, McKay, Beswick, Chambers have all played reserve games and, this season, some of those game included quite a smattering of first teamers and as far as I recall the youngsters scored goals and generally fitted in fine.

The recent Academy players who've graduated to the first team have also done okay - Logan, Wesolowski (when not injured), Stearman last season and Porter particularly. My view that a match would be fairly close says more for my opinion of our first team than any over-developed rating of the Academy.

Great news aout Chambers recovering after that long injury and another fantastic result for the academy. Gerry said on the radio he would like to see Mattock have a go. Can't see why not.

Great news aout Chambers recovering after that long injury and another fantastic result for the academy. Gerry said on the radio he would like to see Mattock have a go. Can't see why not.

Because "change is not good". :P

And experience is the key - something which Young Joe does not have. :rolleyes:

Because "change is not good". :P

And experience is the key - something which Young Joe does not have. :rolleyes:

Forgive me. He is not over the age of 30 and probably to attacking to have any chance of getting into the starting 11. How stupid of me. :rolleyes:

I've not seen the academy play but I know that most of them turn out to be ace on Footy Manager (particularly Tejan-Sie) and FM is often scarily accurate. :P

I'd love to see some more of these players get runs in the first team, they surely cannot be worse than what we already have.

Forgive me. He is not over the age of 30 and probably to attacking to have any chance of getting into the starting 11. How stupid of me. :rolleyes:

You should have been aware that we don't really go for youth in our squad, and we view experience as the key to getting out of every mess imaginable - hence why we took on Horse and Newton. And still have Andy Johnson.

Not that this experience has helped steer us clear of the mess. Infact, experience is what has put us in the mess. Bring in some young blood, such as Mattock, and hopefully his desire to succeed and his will to win will rub off on the players. Kelly can't seem to have that effect.

Archived