Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Foxes to be culled

LEICESTER City plan to axe 11 players at the end of the season. Chairman Milan Manderic is planning major surgery after his £25million takeover. He said: "There is a lot of work to do and money will be availiable to put that right."

We all knew that was going to be the case anyway, TBH I was hoping it would be more than 11 players fuked off at the end of the season, In truth it probably will be.

But I am very happy Milan has come out and said this, The moment he took over I said he should get all the players together and say something along the lines of look its different now, You (The players) are playing for your futures, I have the money to pay you off, I have the money to replace you with better people.

Prehaps now some of the players will start playing for there futures, but then again...Perhaps not.

just wonder if that would include loan players currently here being sent back which would send it down to 7, although at the moment the more gone the merrier IMO.

Hoping the 11 wont include:

Henderson

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Nils (although I think he'll leave as contracts up)

Porter

Wesolowski

Fryatt

Hume

Newton (retain from loan period)

Hopefully the ones that are going are gone asap and the new players get brought in with plenty of time to gel because in the past we've been signing players right at the end of pre-season and expecting them to fit in straight away.

Hopefully the ones that are going are gone asap and the new players get brought in with plenty of time to gel because in the past we've been signing players right at the end of pre-season and expecting them to fit in straight away.

Well don't expect it to be to a.s.a.p because we can't get buy anyone till the summer anyway, because of the transfer window. So unless we play some reserve players (Which TBH we wouldn't be losing anything) it would be pointless getting rid of the players yet because we wouldn't have any players to play in the remaining games!

Well don't expect it to be to a.s.a.p because we can't get buy anyone till the summer anyway, because of the transfer window. So unless we play some reserve players (Which TBH we wouldn't be losing anything) it would be pointless getting rid of the players yet because we wouldn't have any players to play in the remaining games!

That's why I said as soon as possible. In past seasons it has seemed we've waited 'til the season's almost started before we start cleaning out. Hamill and Gerrbrand didn't go 'til very late. We need to remove the deadwood early and not wait for the season to get under way!

That's why I said as soon as possible. In past seasons it has seemed we've waited 'til the season's almost started before we start cleaning out. Hamill and Gerrbrand didn't go 'til very late. We need to remove the deadwood early and not wait for the season to get under way!

I spose there's no excuse for getting rid of players (IF we release them) but bringing them in is a different story because the transfer window opens July doesn't it? I'm not sure but i've got July from somewhere, so if thats correct, that is the reason its always left so late, The season starts in August so really you have a month to buy and sell players.

As I said though that could all be bullshit because i'm not sure when the transfer window opens.

We all knew that was going to be the case anyway, TBH I was hoping it would be more than 11 players fuked off at the end of the season, In truth it probably will be.

But I am very happy Milan has come out and said this, The moment he took over I said he should get all the players together and say something along the lines of look its different now, You (The players) are playing for your futures, I have the money to pay you off, I have the money to replace you with better people.

Prehaps now some of the players will start playing for there futures, but then again...Perhaps not.

The players have had since Milan took over to play for their futures and have not risen to the challenge. I think all the loan players will go except maybe Newton - who has shown some class. I doubt if Milan is intending to buy 11 replacements, I think it was quoted that he had £3.5 million to spend on the squad, so thats about £300k per player - lets face it at that price they would be little better than the donkeys we have now.

I spose there's no excuse for getting rid of players (IF we release them) but bringing them in is a different story because the transfer window opens July doesn't it? I'm not sure but i've got July from somewhere, so if thats correct, that is the reason its always left so late, The season starts in August so really you have a month to buy and sell players.

As I said though that could all be bullshit because i'm not sure when the transfer window opens.

We can still sign pre-contract agreements with certain players. Work should be done all of the time with an eye on next season. I would sack Kelly after the Wolves match and bring in a new man then to give him time to make plans without having the pressure of trying to make this current bunch win matches.

The numbers are dubious.

I'll also be quite worried if there's massive turnover again - last time we had major turnover, we cut a bunch of ageing faded performers who occasionally eked out results and replaced them with a bunch of young and hungry performers who occasionally got points, too. lol

Just maybe a few youngsters are peniclled in for first team action next season? Otherwise I don't see us bringing in another 11.

Hopefully we might just get a bit of money for some of the players we ship out, though it's doubtful.

Just maybe a few youngsters are peniclled in for first team action next season? Otherwise I don't see us bringing in another 11.

Hopefully we might just get a bit of money for some of the players we ship out, though it's doubtful.

I don't think so. I don't think many of the current under 18s will make a breakthrough this season or next. They're a good side but individually there's a few of them that don't stand out a great deal. Players like Beswick are important to the under 18s but can't see him making it here under Kelly or any other manager. Then there's players like Mattock who stand out above the rest but even then that's no guarantee that they'll be able to make the step-up. Having said that I'm pretty sure Mattock will do if he's still with us at the age of 17.

We need the following:

New management team absolute priority, well it has been since last season but you knew that already :thumbup:

Two new goalkeepers, Henderson is rank rotten and Logan inspires nothing whatsoever other than the need for a perm-a-tan.

Right back to cover Maybury and a left back to compete with Mattock. McAuley, Stearman and Johansson can go central and someone else to replace the departing Kisnorbo. McCarthy and Kenton can get to f'ck and Sheehan is on his way to Cork City levels.

We need an entire new midfield, although I may be tempted to keep Hughes and Porter for one more season to see if we can get anything better out of them. Hughes I have faith in, Porter less so but he deserves a chance with a decent manager. Wesolowski is finished I am afraid, great shame. Johnson, Tiatto, Newton, Yeates, Jarrett will all be gone anyway.

Up front I'd keep Fryatt and that is it, cash in on Hume he's runs around a lot but really if you look at it that is all he does, amongst better players he will look Tranmere Rovers. Hammond, Cademarteri and Horsefield can all go and play on the fast lane of the M1 for all I care, utter incompetants. Sadly de Vries won't get another chance so he can go too. Louis Dodds can go to Rochdale on his career path to Racing Club Warwick.

So in summary 2 GK's, a right back, a left back and a new centre half if Kisnorbo goes, 3 wingers and 3 central midfielders plus 3 or 4 forwards. About 15 players what a f'ckn sad state of affairs that is, Rob Kelly is a complete and utter tosser.

I'd be surprised to see many staying, to be fair.

As for major changes, didn't Brian Little do that when he first arrived, and look where it got us. :rolleyes:

Obviously there are going to be new changes in the summer, but i wouldnt read too much into this. how would a journo know this when nobody even knows who the manager will be? then to come up with a figure of 11 is just comical. lol

Obviously there are going to be new changes in the summer, but i wouldnt read too much into this. how would a journo know this when nobody even knows who the manager will be? then to come up with a figure of 11 is just comical. lol

With each passing post :rolleyes:

We need the following:

I'm with BF, ground up/top down ~ clean them all out.

In my world players would have contracts akin to building contractors - loaded with penalty clauses. For as long as the tossers like our lot are allowed to collect daft salaries for doing SFA teams will continue to be blighted by the level of arrogant ineptitude we see week in week out.

In my world players would have contracts akin to building contractors - loaded with penalty clauses. For as long as the tossers like our lot are allowed to collect daft salaries for doing SFA teams will continue to be blighted by the level of arrogant ineptitude we see week in week out.

So that's why our lot are so bad! They're all shagging the Scottish national team!

just wonder if that would include loan players currently here being sent back which would send it down to 7, although at the moment the more gone the merrier IMO.

Hoping the 11 wont include:

Henderson

McAuley

Kisnorbo

Nils (although I think he'll leave as contracts up)

Porter

Wesolowski

Fryatt

Hume

Newton (retain from loan period)

I'd be happy to keep all of those, the rest can fcuk off.

A good idea, I am worried that who ever we sign may come in with the attitude that because Milan is loaded he can sign a three year deal on a lot more money than any of the idiots we presently have and then sit back and watch his bank balance grow. While we have to put up with exactly the same sh*t week in week out and make no further progress towards being promoted. What is needed is a manager who can motivate or scare the sh*t out of you - Bring in Big Sam.

I'm still confident and have said all along that Milan will wield the axe when the time is right. Kelly will be gone and hopefully at least 11 players will be shown the door. There are so many players in our team who just simply aren't good enough for this division.

The only players worth keeping are probably Kisnorbo, McAuley, Hume, Levi, Nissa and Henderson for dead certs. Any of the rest could be going easily.

Archived