Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Foxes to be culled

Can anyone tell me how Weso played in that 20 mins against QPR?

He was of the pace. But you can't blame him for all the injuries he has had, must be hard to build momentum.

Looked busy without really getting near the ball. Which kind of sums up virtually every performance I've seen him give this season. He's basically got to write this season off and concentrate on getting fit for the start of next season under a new manager. If he's not completely kaput by now.

I'd guessed you'd have done that at 3-0 :angry::P

We went 3 down by 71... he came on at 76... I guess I wasn't really listening to the game any more... I should have remembered something like Wesolowski coming on. :blink:

After the third went in, I know I wandered off to get the prozac... what happened next is anyone's guess. :ph34r:

We went 3 down by 71... he came on at 76... I guess I wasn't really listening to the game any more... I should have remembered something like Wesolowski coming on. :blink:

After the third went in, I know I wandered off to get the prozac... what happened next is anyone's guess. :ph34r:

Hughes and Jarrett came off at the same time to be replaced by Tiatto and Weso. You were probably sighing with relief at hearing those two clowns were being subbed and didn't hear who replaced them.

Seriously one of the most inept midfield displays I've ever seen, that game was. The laughable thing is that I thought Yeates was even worse than both of them.

Hughes and Jarrett came off at the same time to be replaced by Tiatto and Weso. You were probably sighing with relief at hearing those two clowns were being subbed and didn't hear who replaced them.

Seriously one of the most inept midfield displays I've ever seen, that game was. The laughable thing is that I thought Yeates was even worse than both of them.

That could be it. :ph34r:

That'd have been one massive deep sigh. :mellow:

If we are talking about getting rid of the numbers quoted and bringing in suitable replacements, that would indicate our transfer policy to be that either Kisnorbo or Stearman will be sold to help fund the bringing in of new players (as I don't think Milan will bankroll it all) or there will be many loan signings.

I envisage a couple of freebies... a few loans and one or two 'high profile' exits - generating a little over a million quid perhaps. :ph34r:

Perhaps McCarthy will go for 200k to Fulham... lol

That'd be a case of Double your money, halve your problems. :smile:

We need the following:

New management team absolute priority, well it has been since last season but you knew that already :thumbup:

Two new goalkeepers, Henderson is rank rotten and Logan inspires nothing whatsoever other than the need for a perm-a-tan.

Right back to cover Maybury and a left back to compete with Mattock. McAuley, Stearman and Johansson can go central and someone else to replace the departing Kisnorbo. McCarthy and Kenton can get to f'ck and Sheehan is on his way to Cork City levels.

We need an entire new midfield, although I may be tempted to keep Hughes and Porter for one more season to see if we can get anything better out of them. Hughes I have faith in, Porter less so but he deserves a chance with a decent manager. Wesolowski is finished I am afraid, great shame. Johnson, Tiatto, Newton, Yeates, Jarrett will all be gone anyway.

Up front I'd keep Fryatt and that is it, cash in on Hume he's runs around a lot but really if you look at it that is all he does, amongst better players he will look Tranmere Rovers. Hammond, Cademarteri and Horsefield can all go and play on the fast lane of the M1 for all I care, utter incompetants. Sadly de Vries won't get another chance so he can go too. Louis Dodds can go to Rochdale on his career path to Racing Club Warwick.

So in summary 2 GK's, a right back, a left back and a new centre half if Kisnorbo goes, 3 wingers and 3 central midfielders plus 3 or 4 forwards. About 15 players what a f'ckn sad state of affairs that is, Rob Kelly is a complete and utter tosser.

It is only individual details we disagree about not the overall picture.

One of Henderson or Logan will make a perfectly adequate understudy.

Nils will probably leave and I'm not sure Stearman's good enough but a new manager might help and it's perhaps worth finding out.

I remain hopeful about Weso but fear you will probably be proved right.

Hume needs keeping and I consider Fryatt is more marginal and that his being successful will depend on his attitude, willingness to improve and his being fit/steering clear of injuries.

I have every faith in Porter, the more so within a good team and, indeed, in Dodds, certainly as a back-up striker.

Mattock and King may well come through from the Academy given chance.

Most controversially I'd be tempted to keep Hammond for back up at least until we had a genuinely fast replacement.

But in the end they'll all be under threat if the calibre of player we're all hoping for turns up. I'm just not convinced they'll be as easy to get as everyone seems to think.

Bottom line is I don't think any member of our squad is good enough to guarantee himself a place in next season's side.

And only about six have a fighting chance.

Nils will probably leave and I'm not sure Stearman's good enough but a new manager might help and it's perhaps worth finding out.

Hume needs keeping and I consider Fryatt is more marginal and that his being successful will depend on his attitude, willingness to improve and his being fit/steering clear of injuries.

I have every faith in Porter, the more so within a good team and, indeed, in Dodds, certainly as a back-up striker.

Most controversially I'd be tempted to keep Hammond for back up at least until we had a genuinely fast replacement.

But in the end they'll all be under threat if the calibre of player we're all hoping for turns up. I'm just not convinced they'll be as easy to get as everyone seems to think.

Bottom line is I don't think any member of our squad is good enough to guarantee himself a place in next season's side.

Agree with every word. :thumbup:

The only problem I have with that is your insistance on Hammond (and I disagree about Porter but you know that), Thracian he is awful and 6 goals this season mean nothing. His lack of ability and application can send him back down the M1 to Orient and then to Walton and Hersham in 2 seasons time.

We need an entire new midfield, although I may be tempted to keep Hughes and Porter for one more season to see if we can get anything better out of them. Hughes I have faith in, Porter less so but he deserves a chance with a decent manager. Wesolowski is finished I am afraid, great shame. Johnson, Tiatto, Newton, Yeates, Jarrett will all be gone anyway.

Spoken like a true Scot with tartan specs.

Hughes has been one of the worst underachievers this season.

The sooner he's off the payroll the better!

Spoken like a true Scot with tartan specs.

Hughes has been one of the worst underachievers this season.

The sooner he's off the payroll the better!

Yip but class always comes through and he is a better player than he is showing at present, hence why I think he deserves a chance next season. There was no talk of long contract a year to prove himself, he has contributed far more than the midget has this season.

Yip but class always comes through and he is a better player than he is showing at present, hence why I think he deserves a chance next season. There was no talk of long contract a year to prove himself, he has contributed far more than the midget has this season.

He was quality the first few games I saw him, after we signed him. Then he had an injury or something and wasn't the same since...

A lot of players are better than what they've shown in recent weeks.

However what annoys me about Hughes in particular is that he's often looked like he's not bothered.

Judging by the comments on the "Best and Worst" players thread, it seems like I'm not alone in thinking this.

Sorry just to clarify, you think Hughes has contributed far more than Porter this season...? Apologies if I've misread that!

The only problem I have with that is your insistance on Hammond (and I disagree about Porter but you know that), Thracian he is awful and 6 goals this season mean nothing. His lack of ability and application can send him back down the M1 to Orient and then to Walton and Hersham in 2 seasons time.

:D :D

I'd feel a lot happier about what I was getting with Hammond than with Hughes. I feel like I've done a degree course in Hughes cos I've watched him so carefully yet still don't really know if he's any good or not.

I've mentioned that he doesn't seem brave enough to score goals regularly or determined enough to get forward sufficiently. He looks as if he's attacking the box at times but in reality he seems to lack the determination to get in there and brave whatever's waiting.

He's no right winger that's for sure cos he's not fast enough, not tricky enough and not a good enough crosser but even in midfield his passing is often mundane, he's not especially strong on the ball and he only rarely shows commitment in the tackle.

His main strength is his stamina but that I think is partly because, unlike Hume, Hammond or Porter, for instance, he never really goes flat out.

Overall I'd look at his record and consider him not effective enough for my liking and would replace him with someone more assertive, and with greater strengths. Cos Hughes doesn't seem to have strengths. He's Mr Average. He's a hack when we need a thoroughbred.

We need the following:

New management team absolute priority, well it has been since last season but you knew that already :thumbup:

Two new goalkeepers, Henderson is rank rotten and Logan inspires nothing whatsoever other than the need for a perm-a-tan.

Right back to cover Maybury and a left back to compete with Mattock. McAuley, Stearman and Johansson can go central and someone else to replace the departing Kisnorbo. McCarthy and Kenton can get to f'ck and Sheehan is on his way to Cork City levels.

Up front I'd keep Fryatt and that is it, cash in on Hume he's runs around a lot but really if you look at it that is all he does, amongst better players he will look Tranmere Rovers. Hammond, Cademarteri and Horsefield can all go and play on the fast lane of the M1 for all I care, utter incompetants. Sadly de Vries won't get another chance so he can go too. Louis Dodds can go to Rochdale on his career path to Racing Club Warwick.

So in summary 2 GK's, a right back, a left back and a new centre half if Kisnorbo goes, 3 wingers and 3 central midfielders plus 3 or 4 forwards. About 15 players what a f'ckn sad state of affairs that is, Rob Kelly is a complete and utter tosser.

Maybury is utter utter toilet, I'm not sure how long people need to see that.

11 players may leave but the simple truth is even milan cannot afford enough good players to get us out of this league in 1 season. of the current bunch how many are good enough to get us in the top 6?

of the current loanees imo not a single one of them is good enough. tiatto is leaving anyway and probably nissa as well. johnson has a 1 year contract with the possibility of 1 more year. Would anyone renew?

other main problem is the manager who not only seems incapable of motivating the players but also has a lousy eye for players. As we can't afford a complete new team sadly we will be forced to keep all the following Henderson< mayburey< Kisnorbo< Mcauley, Mc carthy, Porter< Hume Fryatt. fringe players like weso are probably worth keeping for another season but our priorities are 4 midfielders, 3 strikers and a left back and that is probably beyeond even MM@s financies in one summer.

with 5/6 new players and a new coaching staff we might make the top 10 but deeper surgery is required to get us anywhere near the premiership and that will take at least 3 years.

All this of course depends upon us staying in this league which on our current form is far from certain.

Sorry just to clarify, you think Hughes has contributed far more than Porter this season...? Apologies if I've misread that!

I do despite all the raving on here about Porter he has been poor, but he gets far more leeway because he is an Academy product. This particular messageboard seems to kiss his diminutive arse to a stupid level.

Archived