Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Foxes to be culled

A lot of players are better than what they've shown in recent weeks.

However what annoys me about Hughes in particular is that he's often looked like he's not bothered.

Judging by the comments on the "Best and Worst" players thread, it seems like I'm not alone in thinking this.

I agree. We have a lot of players that have under performed but I still don't think that they would be good enough for next season.

Hughes never looks bothered, especially when he's on the right. I understand he is not a winger but if he's put to play there he should still put in 110%.

The players have had since Milan took over to play for their futures and have not risen to the challenge. I think all the loan players will go except maybe Newton - who has shown some class. I doubt if Milan is intending to buy 11 replacements, I think it was quoted that he had £3.5 million to spend on the squad, so thats about £300k per player - lets face it at that price they would be little better than the donkeys we have now.

i think it will be more like free transfers and 300K in wages per contract term per player or there abouts....thats the MM way

I do despite all the raving on here about Porter he has been poor, but he gets far more leeway because he is an Academy product. This particular messageboard seems to kiss his diminutive arse to a stupid level.

I find that astonishing. He has been poor at times, he drifts out of games for whole halves and obviously struggles with the physical battle at times but he has provided so many goals with the quality of his final ball this season. I defended Hughes for a lot longer than most people but he has offered extremely little all season in any department.

If we sign Earnie, I'll buy a season ticket. :ph34r:

He would be a great signing for us. Pacey and can finish well. Is there any chance of him leaving out of interest ? :whistle:

I do despite all the raving on here about Porter he has been poor, but he gets far more leeway because he is an Academy product. This particular messageboard seems to kiss his diminutive arse to a stupid level.

i think the thing with porter is he has slightly got better this season which is a rare thing with the squad, secondly another rare thing in this squad he has shown on a handful of occasions he is willing to beat his man hit the by line and get a cross in.

Uh uh I can guess the 11

Dodds

Sheehan

Johnson (with a bit of luck)

Horseyfield

Camaderi

Kenton

Nisse

Jason Jarret

Wab

Elvveess 'Ammond (please please please please please)

One of Kisnorbo Hummmmeeee or Stearman.

now much wages will this free up? any ideas?

Yip but class always comes through and he is a better player than he is showing at present, hence why I think he deserves a chance next season. There was no talk of long contract a year to prove himself, he has contributed far more than the midget has this season.

I don't understand how you can say he deserves another chance, how many more fecking chances do you want to give him. He has had pretty much all season and has contributed no more than anybody else.

Porter has been much better than Hughes this season FACT. Academy product or not. He may drift out of games but at least he was in the game to drift out of in the first place, unlike Hughes.

I've defended Hughes as much as possible but he has done nothing to warrant being retained at all.

When we first got him i thought, 'we've got a player here' but hes been crap for two seasons pretty much.

He would be a great signing for us. Pacey and can finish well. Is there any chance of him leaving out of interest ? :whistle:

Oh he'll leave Norwich for sure. If he hadn't been injured he'd be Premiership bound again at the end of the season, I imagine. He was flying away with the Championship's top scorer. But he got injured in the January transfer window and is out for the season. Realistically, if he were going to come to another Championship club he'd want fair wages, really and Norwich aren't likely to let him go at a loss meaning a bid of £4m+. It'd be my birthday, Christmas, Easter, bar miztfa (sp?), summer solstice and new years at once but I was only joking. I can't see it happening. :P

I find that astonishing. He has been poor at times, he drifts out of games for whole halves and obviously struggles with the physical battle at times but he has provided so many goals with the quality of his final ball this season. I defended Hughes for a lot longer than most people but he has offered extremely little all season in any department.

It's horses for courses mate, I think.

We look for different things in players.

My honest opinion on Levi is as follows:

His final ball is often good, in fact, probably the best at the club and has certainly been so this season. He is too direct though, too impatient to get the ball in. This is fine sometimes, but not when we have NO ONE up. He needs to learn at times when to put his foot on the ball and play it a bit simple just to keep possession.

His workrate is generally good but most of it is fruitless. His technique when closing down is poor as he turns to just leap in rather than effectively harrying, defenders therefore just calmly move the ball to one side and carry on. He's got plenty of hustle and bustle when we don't have the ball... but doesn't do much in terms of rushing players or winning back possession.

He's got fairly good vision and I often think he'd benefit from Fryatt/Hume (both fit and on form of course) up front as these two offer the most intelligent movement and give our midfielders options. With Hammond playing, Levi is far too happy to simply hit it long, reducing us to not only a long ball team, but a poor long ball team kicking the ball to a striker who can't shoot (and is probably offside anyway).

I think in a couple of years and if we actually become a footballing side, he could be a very good player for us. He does still need some guidance, mainly, I feel on decision making, but that comes I think with experience to some extent, let him make his own mistakes and all that.

In short, I'd have him in my XI... but he's only seemed like such a bright spot because of the following:

a) He does have a hand in a lot of goals due to his pace, directness and the quality of his delivery (although as I've pointed out, this directness is at times a weakness too).

b) He's an academy boy so gets +50% ratings anyway.

c) The rest of the midfield has been so so poor.

Pick the bones out of that then!

Barton, i've noticed you've very rarely if ever made any negative comments about the players we signed from the SPL. You've defended the likes of Douglas, de Vries, Sylla and Hughes to the hilt. But not one of them has ever been any good for us. Why is that?.

I agree that Porter is over-rated on here, but Stephen Hughes has not achieved more this season than Levi. Porter has created more goals than Hughes and they've scored about the same amount. I can't remember a game this season where i've come away from it thinking 'Hughesy put a shift in today, he was brilliant' but there have been games i've come away from thinking Porter had been our best player on the pitch. His performance at home against Fulham was superb and there have been several others. He was very good away at Sunderland, but I have to take others word for it as I didn't go to that match.

Plus it's his first season in professional football, Hughes has had 6. I have my doubts whether Porter will get any better, only because I don't think he'll play that much for us next season and I can see Leicester being his only chance at this level. If he drops divisions then he'll never re-gain the level he's playing at.

Players like Hughes and Maybury who so call under-achieve manage to hood wink other managers in to giving them a go. We've seen plenty of their sort through the years. Chris Makin is one, who I notice is still getting a game for Southampton. How? Every time I see him he's crap. Are they remarkable in training or something? Maybury has the ability but doesn't want to be here. Hughes ability is less visible and is another who I think wants out and they can both fook off.

They've flattered to deceive.

People use Maybury playing out of position as a reason for him playing badly but I can't see it. The mistakes he makes are basic errors of judgement and are not related to the position he is on the park. He was playing at right-back when he needlessly hacked down Kamara against west brom & he was in the right back position when he shepherded the ball out for what was blatantly going to be a corner on saturday.

As for the first goal on saturday, trying to bring down a long punt coming over his shoulder with his first touch & under pressure from Fuller was only ever going to end in tears. Players like Rooney & Henry can do it & the commentators rave about it when they do. Others try it & end up looking like tits.

He makes too many mistakes regardless of where he plays. It's been like this all season long.

People use Maybury playing out of position as a reason for him playing badly but I can't see it. The mistakes he makes are basic errors of judgement and are not related to the position he is on the park. He was playing at right-back when he needlessly hacked down Kamara against west brom & he was in the right back position when he shepherded the ball out for what was blatantly going to be a corner on saturday.

As for the first goal on saturday, trying to bring down a long punt coming over his shoulder with his first touch & under pressure from Fuller was only ever going to end in tears. Players like Rooney & Henry can do it & the commentators rave about it when they do. Others try it & end up looking like tits.

He makes too many mistakes regardless of where he plays. It's been like this all season long.

Spot on. He's pony, the ability he does have won't be seen here as he wants out anyway.

Barton, i've noticed you've very rarely if ever made any negative comments about the players we signed from the SPL. You've defended the likes of Douglas, de Vries, Sylla and Hughes to the hilt. But not one of them has ever been any good for us. Why is that?.

I agree that Porter is over-rated on here, but Stephen Hughes has not achieved more this season than Levi. Porter has created more goals than Hughes and they've scored about the same amount. I can't remember a game this season where i've come away from it thinking 'Hughesy put a shift in today, he was brilliant' but there have been games i've come away from thinking Porter had been our best player on the pitch. His performance at home against Fulham was superb and there have been several others. He was very good away at Sunderland, but I have to take others word for it as I didn't go to that match.

Plus it's his first season in professional football, Hughes has had 6. I have my doubts whether Porter will get any better, only because I don't think he'll play that much for us next season and I can see Leicester being his only chance at this level. If he drops divisions then he'll never re-gain the level he's playing at.

Players like Hughes and Maybury who so call under-achieve manage to hood wink other managers in to giving them a go. We've seen plenty of their sort through the years. Chris Makin is one, who I notice is still getting a game for Southampton. How? Every time I see him he's crap. Are they remarkable in training or something? Maybury has the ability but doesn't want to be here. Hughes ability is less visible and is another who I think wants out and they can both fook off.

They've flattered to deceive.

I have only ever defended Douglas and Sylla when they are being left out for incompetants such as Henderson and Low. I know how shit both players are, particularly Rab after seeing him flounder for Scotland many a time, but they are world beaters in comparison to the 2 playing instead of them.

Maybury is a better right back than anyone we have at the club, everyone knows that he hates Kelly. As for Hughes I said I would keep him along with Porter out of the entire midfield department we have at present. I find it ridiculous that people are so ready to turn on Hughes and yet accept the the same level of performance from Levi Porter. I think both will benefit from a decent manager although I guarentee that Hughes will play at a higher level longer than Porter ever will.

I have only ever defended Douglas and Sylla when they are being left out for incompetants such as Henderson and Low. I know how shit both players are, particularly Rab after seeing him flounder for Scotland many a time, but they are world beaters in comparison to the 2 playing instead of them.

Maybury is a better right back than anyone we have at the club, everyone knows that he hates Kelly. As for Hughes I said I would keep him along with Porter out of the entire midfield department we have at present. I find it ridiculous that people are so ready to turn on Hughes and yet accept the the same level of performance from Levi Porter. I think both will benefit from a decent manager although I guarentee that Hughes will play at a higher level longer than Porter ever will.

Watch the season review of last season and then try to claim that Rab Douglas is a world beater compared to anyone. I'd find his mistakes laughable looking back at them if he was no longer here but I know he's still getting paid a fair whack for driving around Quorn in his Bentley.

But that's it. Levi Porter hasn't played as badly as Hughes has. Hughes has been crap for well over a season now. I expected better things from him this season after the poor season he had last season due mainly to injury. But this season he's been injury free, but he's not excelled at all. I hope he does prosper under another manager, but i'd not be surprised if he doesn't.

It's too early for me to tell whether Porter can get better, I do have my doubts. But this season he's been our best midfielder, not that it's very hard to gain that accolade.

Maybury's defensive errors this season do show a he's quite limited though. His discipline for a player of his experience is shocking as well.

But that's it. Levi Porter hasn't played as badly as Hughes has. Hughes has been crap for well over a season now. I expected better things from him this season after the poor season he had last season due mainly to injury. But this season he's been injury free, but he's not excelled at all. I hope he does prosper under another manager, but i'd not be surprised if he doesn't.

It's too early for me to tell whether Porter can get better, I do have my doubts. But this season he's been our best midfielder, not that it's very hard to gain that accolade.

Maybury's defensive errors this season do show a he's quite limited though. His discipline for a player of his experience is shocking as well.

I still mantain he's a perfectly good right back at this level.

We all knew that was going to be the case anyway, TBH I was hoping it would be more than 11 players fuked off at the end of the season, In truth it probably will be.

But I am very happy Milan has come out and said this, The moment he took over I said he should get all the players together and say something along the lines of look its different now, You (The players) are playing for your futures, I have the money to pay you off, I have the money to replace you with better people.

Prehaps now some of the players will start playing for there futures, but then again...Perhaps not.

it is inevitable but perhaps not helpful if the players know this already

nowonder they are playing with even less passion then they have already done all season

Archived