Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Player Ratings vs Derby County

Porter - 4 not much service, we seemed obsessed with the right hand side today.

Can't see why when we have Hughes there who just likes to run around in the centre circle until making a pathetic attempt to support Stearman.

Much of the reason Stearman looked so bad was because Hughes left him so exposed. At least Hughesy looked up for it today though, even though he was a bit poor.

True. When Stearman did advance forward Hughes offered him little support, something he has never been able to do playing in that postion.

Henderson - 5

Stearman - 4

Kisnorbo - 7

Kenton - 3

Maybury - 4

Hughes - 5

Jarret - 4

Tiatto - 8

Porter - 5

Hume - 7

Hammond - 6

Subs

Yeates - 1

Fryatt - 7

Henderson - 6 - responded when called upon

Stearman - 4 - has had a terrible season was all over the place and could not control there winger

Maybury - 2 - this guy is an idiot, he really has to go OUR WORST PLAYER

Kisnorbo - 7 - brave headers always the last defender to clear the lines and a fantastic last ditch tackle near the end.

Kenton - 4 - RUbbish always out paced to the ball andoften gives it away

Hughes - 3 - well done rob kelly for subbing him. no passion, no commitment he just can't be bothered

Jarrett - 5 - constantly when he had the ball at his feet he was too scard to run with it and he created nthing just lobbed long balls up the pitch like the rest.

Tiatto - 7 - very commited but gave the ball away a few times. but he always wanted to win the ball

Porter - 6 - the only midfielder who ATTACKED. had a very good first half but faded away in the second until Fryatt came on. man marked most of the game though

Hume - 7 - wasn't quite his usual self but was always busy and at he is still an assit to this club.

Hammond - 4 - he can run . . . thats it

Fryatt - 7 - changed the shape of the game. we finally passed to feet and he held the ball up. looked back to his own self. (BUT DONT RUSH HIM BACK JUST YET KELLY)

Yeates - 5 - he's not good enough for this club another midfielder who didn't attack enough.

ROB KELLY - 6 - thought u made crucial subs at the right time and won us a point well done.

Henderson - 7 Kept his side in the game on few occasions with some sharp saves.

Stearman - 6 Got forward quite a bit, occasionally sloppy on the ball.

Kenton - 7 Good overall performance - can't remember him doing much wrong.

Kisnorbo - 8 Good overall performance - lead by example.

Maybury - 7 Like Stearman, got forward and did reasonably well.

Hughes - 6 You could see he tried - didn't quite work out for him and was substituted.

Tiatto - 8 Excellent performance - ran around all day. Let himself down when losing his temper on Barnes.

Jarrett - 7 Generally quiet game - brilliant through pass which lead to Fryatt's goal.

Porter - 7 Got involved - nothing spectacular today though. Could have done better with the late chance.

Hume - 7 Energetic like Tiatto - good free kick and all-round performance.

Hammond - 6 Did well chasing down a few balls - lack of quality.

Fryatt - 8 Seemed to make the difference when coming on. Took his goal brilliant - great finish.

Yeates - 6 Not enough time to make an impact. Good footwork near the end though.

Spot on.

i would probably of given hughes a 5 tho, was shocking

Henderson - 7

Stearman - 4

Kisnorbo - 7

Kenton - 6

Maybury - 6

Hughes - 3

Jarret - 6

Tiatto - 8

Porter - 6

Hume - 7

Hammond - 5

Subs

Yeates - 4

Fryatt - 7

I'd agree with that really, i thought Jarrett looked alot better than normal today, and Tiatto was brilliant, getting stuck in at every oppurtunity. Also, Fryatt an 8, he was quality :P

I wondered today if Kelly had ever been on a coaching course first half.

Apart from team selection building in weaknesses as usual, we floated so many passes from defence onto the grateful heads of the massive Derby defenders and we played far too narrow.

With big players the secret is to hit feet, use the width and make them run and turn.

Kelly did improve that aspect after the break but another thing is that he has to get a bit cuter.

I've mentioned it once or twice before but it is so glaring now it can't be ignored... Kelly is tactically far too predictable. He doesn't ask enough questions or make the opposition think enough.

Porter was a classic example and not just today. Anyone watching Leicester or seeing the videos will quickly suss out that if you keep Porter quiet you blunt the entire creative capaibility of the team.

So opponents are now marking him tight and because we have no attacking left-back nor creative central midfielders he is reduced to simply playing safe - neutralised if you like.

Kelly should try to counter that by having Porter/Tiatto swop a bit, by going 4-3-3 for a time, or even playing him on the right for a while.

The other thing is the formation. Whatever Kelly pretends we really play 4-5-1 which is where, I imagine, Levein got it from and which is why he likes Hughes on the right.

But we have to be more versatile to make the opposition have to constantly second guess our next action.

Otherwise we'll continue to find it hard to win even when we're playing well - as our 14th draw for the season suggests.

What a joke. Kenton did absolutely nothing wrong, how he can be given lower ratings than Stearman, Hughes or Yeates by some people.. you make me sick!

Wrong. At fault for the goal, almost gave them a winner near the end, didn't make one defensive or offensive contribution all match.

Wrong. At fault for the goal, almost gave them a winner near the end, didn't make one defensive or offensive contribution all match.

I felt Maybury was at fault for their goal, for letting Barnes (i think) just run with it. And Stearman for not marking his man.

Hendo 6

Stearman 4

Maybs 6

Kis 6

Mc 6

Hughes 5

Jarret 6

Danny 8

Porter 4

Hume 7

Hammond 3

Fryatt 7

Horse 5

Yeates 5

OK Hughes was bollocks either you didnt attend today or you're his fiancée - and as far as I know Horsfield never left the subs bench....

For me:

Henderson 7

Maybury 5

Kisnorbo 6

Kenton 6

Stearman 5

Porter 7

Hughes 2

Jarrett 4

Tiatto 6

Hume 7

Hammond 6

Subs:

Fryatt - Daganem Dave's Age

Yeates - 5

OK Hughes was bollocks either you didnt attend today or you're his fiancée - and as far as I know Horsfield never left the subs bench....

For me:

Henderson 7

Maybury 5

Kisnorbo 6

Kenton 6

Stearman 5

Porter 7

Hughes 2

Jarrett 4

Tiatto 6

Hume 7

Hammond 6

Subs:

Fryatt - Daganem Dave's Age

Yeates - 5

Perhaps you should see the posts after saying that Horsfield didn't play. And if he thought Hughes deserved 5 then he thinks he deserved 5. I didn't attend today but I could rate the players.

Television.

Perhaps you should see the posts after saying that Horsfield didn't play. And if he thought Hughes deserved 5 then he thinks he deserved 5. I didn't attend today but I could rate the players.

Television.

If he thought Hughes deserved 5 i'd love to know why, he runs like a gypsy and everytime gets the ball loses it in some stupid way.

Anyone who gives Hughes more than 3 is a commie.

Agreed :thumbup:

Having just seen the goals on SSN, I thought Stearman was at fault for their goal for going AWOL. Granted, Kenton wasn't covering for Stearman as well as he may have done, but if Stearman hadn't gone missing then I doubt Fagan would've had so much time and spaceto score.

What a joke. Kenton did absolutely nothing wrong, how he can be given lower ratings than Stearman, Hughes or Yeates by some people.. you make me sick!

We're all entitled to our opinion and mine of Kenton is pretty low, I can't see where people have said he's got pace because I've yet to see him do any more than amble. He's no CB as he is easily beaten in the air, as for today he made 3 glaring errors that exposed us badly.

Hendo 6

Stearman 3 absolute pony and trap

Kenton 5

Kisnorbo 6

Maybury 4

Hughes 3 tommy tit

Jarrett 7 did well in the second half

Tiatto 8

Porter 4 garbage, wasted a couple of decent opportunities to put it in the box whilst in a good position, should have done better with his chance

Hammond 4

Hume 7

Fryatt 7 good composure when scoring, looked a threat

Yeates 3 dros

Guest Gist

Henderson 6

Stearman 4

Kenton 4

Kisnorbo 7

Maybury 6

Hughes 4

Jarret 7

Tiatto 8

Porter 4

Hume 6

Hammond 4

Subs: Fryatt 7 and Yeates 4

If he thought Hughes deserved 5 i'd love to know why, he runs like a gypsy and everytime gets the ball loses it in some stupid way.

Agreed :thumbup:

I gave him a 5 because i thought he was involved and was atleast trying to make an effort without really making an impact. People really do need to remember he's playing out of position.

Archived