Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Player Ratings vs Derby County

Having just seen the goals on SSN, I thought Stearman was at fault for their goal for going AWOL. Granted, Kenton wasn't covering for Stearman as well as he may have done, but if Stearman hadn't gone missing then I doubt Fagan would've had so much time and spaceto score.

Stearman had gone forward to be fair, Kenton really should have been covering for him. Might have to watch the goal again tbh but I know at the time I was lambasting Kenton for his poor awareness, Fagan was completely unmarked.

I know it's your opinions but HOW CAN YOU GIVE A PLAYER 3 WHEN THEY PLAYED AND BARELY TOUCHED THE BALL FOR 20 MINUTES?

Proves my point exactly. What kind of midfielder barely touches the ball for 20 minutes? He needs to get stuck in more

Henderson 7 - Did fine, some good catches, couldn't do anything about goal

Stearman 3 - He was crap. First touch poor. 1st game of the season against Luton has ruined him for the rest of the campaign

Kisnorbo 8 - Very good, kept them quiet for most of the game.

Kenton 6 - Looks a bit suspect at CB but did Ok

Maybury 7 - I wish everyone would stop having a go at him (generally) cos he works hard and is a decent player. Did well.

Hughes 1 - Awful. Absolutely rubbish. He did one good tackle and nothing else. That corner he took was laughable.

Jarrett 7 - Great pass to Fryatt and at least he's box to box - really puts in the hard yards.

Tiatto 8 - MOTM. Some huge hits towards the end of the game. Good to see he's not just giving up cos he's off in the summer.

Porter 4 - Not really his fault but totally out of the game and should have passed when he was away towards the end.

Hume 5 - Not really having an impact at the moment. He works bloody hard but he's not firing now.

Hammond 6 - Looked lively early on but faded quickly.

subs:

Yeates 5 - Gave Derby something to actually think about unlike Hughes. Some crap mixed in with some nice passing

Fryatt 8 - Changed the game. His movement and positioning up front is far superior to Hume or Hammond. Good finish.

Henderson - 6 - Did okay, didnt need to do much, one bad bit of communication, a few standard-issue saves, mixed kicking.

Stearman 4 - A bit substandard. Having no right winger didn't help him, but he didn't help himself with that passing either.

Maybury - 6 - Wasn't outstanding, but wasn't poor either.

Kisnorbo - 7 - Pretty good and generally in control. Didn't let them do much.

Kenton - 6 - Looked a bit under pressure at times, but dealt with it.

Hughes 4 - Ineffective. Tried harder than he has in most other matches I've seen, and attempted to be in a position to receive the ball, shame it was a position 30 yards from where he should have been, which meant there was nowhere to go but backwards. The entire time he was on the pitch. Also, what the hell was that corner?! Its got to be one of the worst ones I've seen a professional do. Made one nice run though, shame he stuffed up the shot.

Jarrett - 7 - Lovely assist, shut them down quite well, but needs to do more of those passes and less of the rubbish ones.

Tiatto - 7 - Got stuck in and stopped them from playing. OK, he's not one for fancy skills, but he has a job to do and gets it done.

Porter 4 - Didn't create space. On the ball was okay but nothing special but didn't have the usual decent positioning which meant he was closed down quickly and shoved off the ball easily.

Hume - 7 - Worked hard, but struggled with the poor service - came very deep to get the ball and found himself with nobody to play it to but an offside Elvis a couple of times and when he wasn't deep the balls in the air didn't suit him. Still caused them a bit of trouble though.

Hammond 4 - Tried, but couldn't get on the end of any of the ridiculous hoofs. Then as soon as the elbows came out he seemed to give up. I'd hoped that he'd be the right tool for the job considering that Derby aren't the most pacy of sides, but we didn't play to that strength much. Except for when he was offside.

Subs:

Fryatt - 8 - Very effective, very up for it, managed to work a lot of space unlike everyone else, good goal. Caused them a lot more problems. I don't tend to give a sub an 8, considering that he didn't have that much time on the pitch, but he made it count more than anyone else.

Yeates - 5 - A slight improvement over Hughes in that he was also poor, but was at least in the right positions.

Henderson - 6 Didn't have that much to do but did it well. No chance with goal, down to bad defending!

Stearman - 4 What has gone wrong with this guy?! He needs a kick up the arse. Terrible display!

Kenton - 4 Not even sure he is a good enough for cover now, get rid in Summer. We want better.

Kisnorbo - 7.5 As solid as ever, hope he sticks around for a few years!

Maybury - 4 Maybe it's personal with me, but i hate this guy. He hinders our attack by constantly floating it long!

Hughes - 5 Shoot me! I actually thought he was better today, looked like he actually wanted the ball, still not good enough

Tiatto - 7 Great Performance today, battled and battled. Never thought I'd say it BUT shame we our losing him.

Jarrett - 6.5 I like this guy simply for his effort BUT he is, and never will be good enough i'm afraid, get rid!

Porter - 5 You can talk all you want about lack of service and tight marking BUT he just wasn't playing well today!

Hume - 8 Just deserves better from his team-mates! His effort was backed-up with skill today. Again, hope he stays!

Hammond - 4 He has so little to his game other than pace which today just wasn't enough!

SUBS

Fryatt - 7 Been waiting for his return. Great finish, something Hammond could never have done! Stay fit please.

Yeates - 4.5 Didn't really add anything, not one I would want on permanent deal.

KELLY - 6.5 A better day for Kelly I thought. Hughes on the right though!!! I thought we had learnt that lesson.

Henderson - 6 Only had to make one or 2 saves tops other than that had nothing to do

Stearman - 4.5 Looked out of place and off the pace 90% of the time

Maybury - 6 Solid game but clearly should not be on the left

Kisnorbo - 7 Sound game

Kenton - 6 Didnt do alot wrong infact didnt do alot

Hughes - 5 Not great but not terrible either

Jarrett - 6.5 Again not great but not bad either

Tiatto - 8.5 Lucky not to have been sent off for a elbow behind play but lucky us the ref is a blind git :rolleyes:

Porter - 5 Little service but also a little wasteful at towards the end

Hume - 8 Brillant little more power on the free kick and he would have had a goalloved him telling the ref what he thought in the first half :worship:

Hammond - 4.5 Poor planing on kelly playing him in this game against a defender like moore with the way we play to our forwards

Fryatt - 7 Welcome back nice control for the goal lets hope its 1 of many to come

Yeates - 4 Shocking PLEASE KELLY DONT SIGN HIM :frusty:

The thing that worried me the most was at times 2 or 3 city players would be standing looking at each other wondering who was going to clear the ball it looked like a team playing their first game together

Oh and the ref :banghead:

I was going to go over to a mates house and force my arsenal and liverpool mates to watch the game glad i didnt now they would have laughed me out of the house :rolleyes:

I gave him a 5 because i thought he was involved and was atleast trying to make an effort without really making an impact. People really do need to remember he's playing out of position.

You rate players for their contribution in a particular position. Otherwise play Kisnorbo in midfield and give him a lovely 8 despite his ineptitude there. Basically the ratings show that Fryatt should be exchanged for Hammond gradually into the team. Hughes in balance with Jarrett for centre midfield position and reintroduction of Newton. Porter to play a more decent match or be dropped.

I think people are being far too generous to Kisnorbo. I would rate him 5.5. Far too many times, four men ran to the Derby player with the ball, leaving other Derby players free (Fagan, for example, with other examples in the second half). He, as captain and senior defender should hve stopped this and organised the defence. After each time, it did not appear he said anything to any of the other defenders about positioning.

For their first goal, Stearman was out of position, but if Kisnorbo had stayed with Fagan and let the other two players look after Barnes, who they were all crowding into, then we would have defended far better.

Hopefully Bruce won't have been too impressed and won't renew his interest in the summer.

Henderson 7 - Good positioning to stop the few chances he had. Distrubition was good at last.

Stearman 5 - Looked all of the place. Looked like he had forgotten how to play football.

Maybury 6 - Some great tackles but he gave the ball away all the time and didnt help Levi at all apart from once where we nearly scored in 2nd half.

Kisnorbo 7 - Solid enough and kept there strikers very quiet

Kenton 6 - Positioning was poor at times as he seemed the one who was nowhere when they had a half chance.

Hughes 5 - Good when moved into the middle but woeful as a rightwinger. No crosses and not much chasing back.

Jarret 6 - Was non-existent at times which is poor for a central midfielder. Did well at times though.

Danny 8 - Amazing performance for someone who knows he is leaving us. Broke things up, set up attacks, tackled. Like the Old Tiatto.

Porter 4 - No service but still, everytime he got near the ball he didnt impress.

Hume 7 - Great game for him. Gave there defenders loads of problems but was starved of service. If he was in a good side he would score 25 goals+

Hammond 4 - Why??? Gave nothing and looked shocking. Why he gets chances is a mystery as he has never done well as a striker and doesnt score!

Fryatt 7 - Great cameo appearance. He still didnt look fit, failing to control the ball etc but took his goal well and caused problems. Should have had a peno.

Horse 4 - Did he come on?

Yeates 4 - Did fook all, should have kept on Hughesy who did better which is saying something.

Tine to ship Yeates and the Horse back as they are offering us nothing and now that we look safe with results going our way, its time to play an academy player or two.

Henderson- 7 Would have been more if he and Kenton hadn't scared the shit of the kop when leaving it for each other. Distribution is getting better.

Stearz- 5 Made some great last ditch tackles but half the time wasn't even on the same planet or the same pitch!

Kisnorbo- 6.5 Defensively sound but that long 'hoof' ball to no-one is doing him no favours at all

Kenton- 6.5 Better use of the ball when he had it, but positioning poor at times- ball watched a bit

Maybury- 6.5 Chalk and cheese- one moment amazing the next frustrating but always gives a 100%

Hughes- 3 Garbage. Felt a bit sorry for him when the Kop cheered when he was substituted but just wasn't good enough, no real attacking threat and second to just about every ball as he seems to be most days now. Real shame.

Jarrett- 7 Never stopped running. Okay he's not got the greatest amount of talent and I'm not sure he's good enough as a first teamer in a promotion charge but he doesn't half apply himself- a goaline clearence and an assist, what more can you ask for?

Tiatto- 8 Makes a real difference to our midfield. When he's not there we get so overrun its frightening. Okay he's not the most forward thinking player but he gave it his all today and scared Derby off it for large sections of the play. Completely bossed the game and is a player we miss when he's not there. It's a shame he's going cause I almost think if we had a decent creator in the middle with him that would be central midfield sorted.

Porter- 5 Never in the game apart from one or two runs (which didn't come off) and a shot. I really want to see him go at players more often. Wasn't helped by the fact that he wasn't utilised on numerous occassions when he should have been.

Hume- 7 Another stirling performance, didn't really get a lot in the first half but was integral to our good second half performance.

Hammondo- 6 Think people are being a little harsh on him. He just didn't get the right kind of balls played into him, but when he did have the ball he looked OK. Still don't think he'll be here next season though.

Fryatt- 7 Whenever he gets the ball you feel the buzz from the stadium as he's one of few players who when he has the ball actually looks like scoring. Hope he can push on from here.

Yeates- 6 We looked a lot more dangerous when he came on, but defensively he's abysmal.

I think people are being far too generous to Kisnorbo. I would rate him 5.5. Far too many times, four men ran to the Derby player with the ball, leaving other Derby players free (Fagan, for example, with other examples in the second half). He, as captain and senior defender should hve stopped this and organised the defence. After each time, it did not appear he said anything to any of the other defenders about positioning.

For their first goal, Stearman was out of position, but if Kisnorbo had stayed with Fagan and let the other two players look after Barnes, who they were all crowding into, then we would have defended far better.

Hopefully Bruce won't have been too impressed and won't renew his interest in the summer.

Yeah, we did that a few times and could have been punished.

I think both full backs were mainly to blame, getting sucked in too easily.

It wants looking at anyway.

Henderson 7 - Did nothing wrong and held on well to Fagan's shot towards the end

Stearman 5.5 - Looks a shadow of the player he was last season

Kenton 5.5 - Why didn't Johansson play instead who has been one of our more consistent performers this season?

Kisnorbo 7 - Should have had a penalty and is getting towards his best again

Maybury 7 - Made a couple of mistakes but made up for them with some brilliant challenges

Hughes 3 - Poor once more - I can't believe the massive slide in form he has gone through

Jarrett 7 - Worked hard and played a brilliant pass for the goal

Tiatto 9 - His commitment was an example to Leicester players. Best performance I've seen him produce in a Leicester shirt.

Porter 4.5 - Poor delivery when he found himself in good positions to cross. Had a glorious chance to win it late on.

Hume 8 - Worked hard and his touches always created attacking opportunities

Hammond 6 - His pace caused the Derby defence some problems

Subs:

Fryatt 7.5 - Scored the equaliser brilliantly and made some clever runs

Yeates 4.5 - Poor but still better than Hughes

Hendo 6

Stearman 4

Maybs 6

Kis 6

Mc 6

Hughes 5

Jarret 6

Danny 8

Porter 4

Hume 7

Hammond 3

Fryatt 7

Horse 5

Yeates 5

I really can't argue with that, exactly what I would have said

I thought these guidelines would be helpful in making a decent assessment:

These are the standard rules we will be using:

10: Out of this world - very rare, exceptional performances only.

9: Excellent - Top-class display, probably the matchwinner.

8: Very Good - Outstanding, very influential.

7: Good - Impressive, eye-catching.

6: Average - No major faults, nothing overly impressive.

5: Below Average - Some faults, out-of-touch.

4: Poor - Many faults, easy to criticise.

Link from Sky Sports ............

Henderson 7 - ok couldnt prevent goal

Stearman 5 - looked weak needs building up just niot sharp enough for me

Maybury4 - garbage didnt have a clue what colour we were wearing

Kisnorbo 7 - pretty sound

Kenton 5 - if we are ever gonna get out of this league then this type of player needs to leave

Hughes 5 - see above

Jarret 6 - tried hard at times

Danny fought like crazy for the cause pity others were not as committed

Porter 4 - should have scored but pretty much out of it

Hume 8 - Great game never stopped trying

Hammond 4 - got to go simple as that

Fryatt 7 - just for the goal against the sheeep !

Yeates 4 - waste of space cant understand why he is even here surely an academy player could be given that slot ????

for long periods we looked what we are a side not good enough for anything really and woeful at times across the middle of the park.

--------------------

I thought these guidelines would be helpful in making a decent assessment:

These are the standard rules we will be using:

10: Out of this world - very rare, exceptional performances only.

9: Excellent - Top-class display, probably the matchwinner.

8: Very Good - Outstanding, very influential.

7: Good - Impressive, eye-catching.

6: Average - No major faults, nothing overly impressive.

5: Below Average - Some faults, out-of-touch.

4: Poor - Many faults, easy to criticise.

Link from Sky Sports ............

If that was the case then none of our players would get over a 6, bar one or three.

Hendo 7 Kicked alrite and come out and caught with convidence

Stearman 5 not the best game gives it away to much

Maybs 6.5 gives it away to much but some brillant tackles

Kis 6 strong at the back didnt win that many headers kicked it long to many times

Kenton 6 didnt win to many headers gotta start tho he hardly ever kicks it long

and always keeps it on the floor

Hughes 5 rubbish gotta go in the summer falls asleep to much it goes under his foot and a terrible shoot in the 1st

half

Jarret 7 got stuck spread the ball well

Danny 8 shame that he is going in the summer brillant game got stuck into them just what we want and a good

effort in the 2nd half

Porter 5 gotta get the ball wide to him he hardly ever gets it when he did he looked a threat

Hume 7 never stopped working beat moore in the air sometimes, good flicks, spreads the ball well

Hammond 3 another one who has got to go never got involved apart from that one good turn in the first half

Fryatt 7 good goal good comeback has to start next game

Yeates 5 not his best game lost the ball to much

Hendo 6

Stearman 5 (Wasn't as bad as people made out, was the reason Fagan didn't get his second)

Kenton 5 (Did well at times but switched off on occassion too)

Kisnorbo 6 (Solid, as uasual)

Maybury 5 (Defensively sound, offered little support in attack, and rarely passed to our best midfield outlet.)

Hughes 4 (Poor, poor, poor, definately not a right midfielder)

Jarrett 7 (He was okay, extra points for a superb assist and a superb saving tackle)

*Tiatto 8 (Was all over the place, but it a good way, the most commited player on the pitch)*

Porter 5 (Poor when on the ball, but got very little in the way of service fom the defence and midfield)

Hammond 4 (Wasn't really in the game)

Hume 6 (Tries hard, but was ineffective. Unlucky with the free-kick)

Fryatt 8 (Still lacking full fitness but showed the quality he has with a quality finish)

Yeates 4 (Ineffective, did little)

Archived