Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Player Ratings vs Derby County

Hendo 7

Stears 1

Maybs 4

Kis 7

Kenton 6

Hughes 2

Jarret 6

Danny 8

Porter 2

Hume 8

Hammond 0

Fryatt 7

Horse 5

Yeates 3

Most players performed as I've come to expect. Stearman was worse than I thought. Porter was appalling. Hammond is not worth wasting words on - he's simply garbage. Yeates is not a keeper, not sure on Jarrett. Tiatto/Kis/Hume/Fryatt emerge with credit.

Hendo 7

Stears 2

Maybs 7

Kisnorbo 6

Kenton

Hughes 2

Jarret 7 (just for the goal saving tackle)

Danny 8

Porter 4

Hume 7

Hammond 3 (one for turning up, and 2 for being offside fewer than 10 times)

Fryatt 7

Horse 6

Yeates 6

Henderson - 6

Stearman - 3

Maybury - 6

Kisnorbo - 6

Kenton - 6

Hughes - 2

Jarrett - 6

Tiatto - 8

Porter - 5

Hume - 7

Hammond - 4

Fryatt - 7

Yeates - 5

PS. I'm sure Horsfield didn't actually come on? Shows how much these kind of player ratings are worth I suppose, that everybody has given him a random rating anyway.

Henderson 6 - Nowt he could do about the goal, kept a clean sheet otherwise, no mistakes from him.

Stearman 5 - Not an awful performance but could have done better, needed to get forward more to be honest, especially as Hughes kept moving central

Maybury 6 - Sound enough, no mistakes and got forward whenever he could, but couldn't help being out of position and having no left foot

Kisnorbo 6 - Steady display, didn't have a lot to do to be fair as Derby sat back

Kenton 3 - Our worst player, slightly worse than Hughes IMO. Complete liability, left Fagan utterly unmarked for their goal, and was constantly out of position. Stearman kept having to come across to cover him when Derby broke

Hughes 4 - Almost as bad as Kenton. Poor technique in the shot, no drive getting forward, gave the ball away, and played far too deep for a right winger. Could have been worse, but a waste of a player, we may as well play with 10 men

(Yeates) 5 - Didn't have a lot of time to impress, looked decent on the ball but no real end product

Porter 5 - Not his fault, teams have started doing their homework on him. There's a lot of pressure on him to perform when he's our only attacking midfield player, and Derby negated him by placing two men on him. Looked dangerous whenever he could find space but crossing let him down near the end

Jarrett 7 - Not bad to be honest, controlled the midfield along with Tiatto, passing was alright and drove us forward a few times. Gets an extra point for a good through ball for Fryatt's goal, the through ball I'd been screaming for all game. Forgot to mention, wonderful tackle on Barnes to save what was likely to be a goal

Tiatto 8 - Limited footballer but my what a committed, battling, and driving display. Derby's midfield could not get a grip on the game and majoratively, he is the reason why

Hume 7.5 - Worked his socks off as ever, so passionate and was a part of most of our attacks. Looks a far, far better player when played alongside Fryatt, it takes the onus off him to score goals and allows him to play the support striker role that he excels in.

Hammond 6 - Worked hard as ever, he can't help being talentless.

(Fryatt) 7.5 - We looked a far better team with him up there, gives us another outlet and in particular coaxes the best out of Iain Hume. Great skill and finish for his goal, hopefully we can get him fit for next season and he can show us all what he is made of

Didn't even notice that Horsefield had come on to be quite honest.

Henderson - 5 - Fook all to do apart from pick the ball out the net

Stearman - 2 - Truelly shocking. Terrible positioning. Even worse distribution

Kenton - 5

Kisnorbo - 5

Maybury - 5 - Bad first half. Supported Porter better in the second half.

Hughes - 4 - Typical Hughes performance. Some nice touches. Always on the periphery of the game though. Not up for a battle. Not a Leicester type player.

Jarrett - 7 - Gives it everything. What he lacks in quality he made up for in effort, and thats ok in my book

Tiatto - 9 - Quality. Was everywhere. Best midfield performance ive seen this season from any city player

Porter - 3 - Didnt get into the game and when he did he fooked it up. Just cuz he is a Leicester lad he shudnt escape some stick because that was really shocking

Hume - 8 - Never stops running. Was a real handful for the Derby defence

Hammond - 4 - What do you expect ?

Fryatt - 8 - Quality goal. Good runs in the channels. Makes the defence work

Yeates - 5 - Didnt get into the game

Hendo 7

Stears 1

Maybs 4

Kis 7

Kenton 6

Hughes 2

Jarret 6

Danny 8

Porter 2

Hume 8

Hammond 0

Fryatt 7

Horse 5

Yeates 3

Most players performed as I've come to expect. Stearman was worse than I thought. Porter was appalling. Hammond is not worth wasting words on - he's simply garbage. Yeates is not a keeper, not sure on Jarrett. Tiatto/Kis/Hume/Fryatt emerge with credit.

Come on mate we were not that bad. For Stearman to get a one is silly. He was disappointing. Same with Hammond. I think Porter got in some positions but never got the pass from Maybury. Agree with the rest.

Anyone who included Horse has invalidated their player ratings. :thumbup:

Player ratings can't be taken seriously when you include a rating for a player who was only ever on the pitch during warm-up. :ph34r:

It also shows a lack of independent thought if you just blindly copied and pasted Dave's post without querying the content first. :ph34r:

Shame on you all. :P;):D

Henderson - 7 Kept his side in the game on few occasions with some sharp saves.

Stearman - 6 Got forward quite a bit, occasionally sloppy on the ball.

Kenton - 7 Good overall performance - can't remember him doing much wrong.

Kisnorbo - 8 Good overall performance - lead by example.

Maybury - 7 Like Stearman, got forward and did reasonably well.

Hughes - 6 You could see he tried - didn't quite work out for him and was substituted.

Tiatto - 8 Excellent performance - ran around all day. Let himself down when losing his temper on Barnes.

Jarrett - 7 Generally quiet game - brilliant through pass which lead to Fryatt's goal.

Porter - 7 Got involved - nothing spectacular today though. Could have done better with the late chance.

Hume - 7 Energetic like Tiatto - good free kick and all-round performance.

Hammond - 6 Did well chasing down a few balls - lack of quality.

Fryatt - 8 Seemed to make the difference when coming on. Took his goal brilliant - great finish.

Yeates - 6 Not enough time to make an impact. Good footwork near the end though.

Hendo - 5 Not really much to do.

Stearman - 5 Not one of his better performances.

Maybury - 7 I thought he was class, strong in the tackle, good support for Levi.

Kenton - 4 Not at the races today.

Kisnorbo - 6 Solid in the air.

Hughes - 3 Shit.

Levi - 6 When he got the ball he was always productive.

Jarrett - 5 A bit hit and miss.

Tiatto - 8 Awesome. tough tackling, harrying, decent passes, never stopped.

Hammond - 5 Just ran around.

Hume - 7 Never stops, good free-kick.

Fryatt - 7 Changed the game and a decent goal, he looks back to his best.

Yeates - 5 Provided the width that Hughes didn't give us.

Henderson 6 (Handled a few crosses well but had surprisingly little to do).

Stearman 6.25 (Hot and cold but one important challenge near the end which might have saved the game. Well involved, tried hard to support and consequently looked knackered at the end with his lack of practise. Still seems vulnerable on the turn)

Kenton 4.5 (Just not convincing in any way at centre-back either on the floor or in the air. His air kick in the box near the end could easily have donated the game. Fortunately Derby had little great ambition in the game.)

Kisnorbo 8.25 (A giant. Had so much responsibility in the match but shouldered the lot and looked for more. Even his passing was okay. Could easily have scored when baulked by Moore in what should categorically have been a penalty. Why the referee didn't give it seeing as he had a close and clear view should be the subject of an FA enquiry. It was disgraceful and he wasn't too hot generally).

Maybury 6.5 (I've given him a reasonable mark cos defensively he tackled and covered well. But he offered so little going forward and Kelly had to tell him at half time to feed some passes to Porter which did help and improve things somewhat).

Hughes 4.5 (Why does Kelly persist on playing him wide?. He did some okay things but was in a different world at other times and never raisedf more than a gentle gallop. His first half shot was like the rest of his game, unconvincing and uncommitted.)

Jarrett 6.25 (He'd get few marks for technical merit or his glaringly ugle red boots but he earned his wages today. He's not good enough but I couldn't fault his industry. Probable goal saving tackle too as Flynny reminded me.).

Tiatto 8.5 (Vied with Kisnorbo for man of the match. Derby gave no-one space but tiatto contested everythin and his movement was an example to all and contributed much to the few chances we created. a full-game too. Best I've seen him play in a Leicester shirt . A real inspiration).

Porter 6 (Derby clearly did their homework and planned to close him down swiftly. Consequently he was starved of the ball in the first half and offered little more than defensive assistance. Second half he got more possession but only one ball to run onto and then almost won the game with an excellent shot well saved. I still felt he should have shared the dead ball kicks with Tiatto for variation and should have moved around the pitch more. But he was clearly underinstructions and although quiet rarely gave the ball away as Kelly clearly asked for more ground passing second half and Leicester improved).

Hammond 5 (One decent run but was utterly snookered most of the time byhis lack of passes to run onto and the ridiculous high-passes we kept playing in the first half. He seems to play coming on for the last half-hour but is never going to be useful if we don't play to his strengths.

Hume 7 (Defies logic sometimes. Must have been so frustrated first half with all the aerial balls but stuck at it, won things he never should, had one decent effort and generally kept a big and competent defence on its toes.

Subs:

Fryatt 8 (I said he'd score and remind us he was a footballer and he did just that. Typical Fryatt individual goal and a good contribution all round. Looked quite sharp for his time off and I hope Kelly gives him a half-hour or so Monday rather than over rushinghim back into a full game because he'll feel the pain from today's effort in the morning.

Yeates 4 (I still don't know what he's for really although we did look quite threatening in the last 15 minutes when he was on the field.

Manager Rob Kelly: 7

That was a goodish point to have won in the circumstances and against a side who stifle the opposition as well as anyone and are very big and strong. Against such opposition your should spread the playas wide as possible and play to feet but we don't have the players or the confidence. He made adjustments at half-time which improved matters and positive substitutions which improved our play. Kenton at centre-back was a weakness as was Hughes on the right wing. Maybury was limited again at left-back meaning we still didn't function at full-throttle with our best side. But with what he had he got a fair bit out of them.

Hendo 5

Stearman 2.5 (Appalling, if he is still worth 7 figures then I'm the Pope)

Kenton 5 (Did well at times but switched off on occassion too)

Kisnorbo 6 (Solid)

Maybury 4 (Gets away with a lot of fouling)

Hughes 2 (Very poor, playmaker my arse)

Jarrett 5.5 (Worked reasonably hard, some decent contributions, some poor contributions)

Tiatto 7 (He may be technically poor, but the guy huffs and puffs and makes his presence known, mandatory yellow card to boot)

Porter 4.5 (Never in the game, wasted a good chance)

Hammond 4 (Not awful, lacking real threat though)

Hume 5.5 (Nice touches but lacking real service)

Fryatt 8 (Still lacking full fitness but showed the quality we knew we had purchased)

Yeates 2 (As bad, if not worse than Hughes)

Nuts 8.5

Horsefield 6

Who clattered Tiatto?

I went off for a beer as the Horse was warming up and Sky were saying he was coming on...then someone horselike crunched Danny in a challenge by their box.

Very confusing.

I like beer - I'm going to miss it :D

Henderson - 7 poor kicking at times but generally solid

Stearman - 5 not great

Maybury - 7 had a pretty good game today

Kisnorbo - 8 not a foot wrong

Kenton - 6 didn't really add anything or take anything away from the defence

Hughes - 7 worked hard and looked a lot better when taking on a more central role, feel sorry for him

Jarrett - 4 shocking but good pass leading to the goal

Tiatto - 7 good performance

Porter - 2 never beat his man, never put a decent ball in and should of taken his chance late on, I didn't even realise he was playing in the second half!!! shouldn't get preferential treatment and should be dropped and released in the summer

Hume - 7 usual display

Hammond - 4 poor performance from a poor player

Fryatt 8 came on and made the difference

Yeates 4 not a good game

Come on mate we were not that bad. For Stearman to get a one is silly. He was disappointing. Same with Hammond. I think Porter got in some positions but never got the pass from Maybury. Agree with the rest.

You won't get anything rational out of TPH and his friends where Porter and the young lads are concerned. Or anyone else I might have praised like Hammond.

Henderson - 7

Stearman - 4

Kisnorbo - 7

Kenton - 6

Maybury - 6

Hughes - 3

Jarret - 6

Tiatto - 8

Porter - 6

Hume - 7

Hammond - 5

Subs

Yeates - 4

Fryatt - 7

Why is Hughes still in this squad. The guy is shit. He's so lazy. I don't care if he's not a winger he should still hold his postion out there. He stands in the middle of the pitch more than Johnson. Stearman was crying out for support when he was coming forward and Hughes never offered anything as a wide outlet. :frusty:

Henderson - 7

Stearman - 5

Maybury - 5 Stop playing this liability at left back

Kisnorbo - 8

Kenton - 6

Hughes - 4 Kelly doesn't do him any favours by playing him on the right. Is Kelly blind and retarded?

Jarrett - 6

Tiatto - 8

Porter - 4 not much service, we seemed obsessed with the right hand side today.

Hume - 7

Hammond - 4

Fryatt 8 That was classic Fryatt, he's great at that drag back inside

Yeates 4

Archived