Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Plymouth 3 Leicester 0 - Post Match Reactions

A team might be forgiven for getting sloppy when they're 3-0 up!

To my mind the most interesting thing about yesterday was the team selection because the minute we had what might be termed almost a normal, balanced line-up - with no extra defensive support - the defence fell to pieces.

Truly they've flattered to deceive on many occasions but the evidence has been there constantly.

Kisnorbo is a footballing philanthropist - the product of all his good work is distributed free to his oppnents. Yet he's regarded as a front runner for our player of the season.

Nils is slow on the turn and less than comfortable or effective in moving forward in support.

Kenton is far too slow and small for a centre-back.

Maybury seems to get lost in a world of his own right for parts of every game - and sadly at great cost.

Maybe Kelly deserves some credit for disguising their limitations with his defensive overload as he did last season too - but he has singularly failed to make the improvements necessary to enable us to field a normally balanced side effectively and therefore to take us forward.

Newton seems the latest damp squid. He arrived only half-fit, played one half-decent game and has since been best forgotten.

Who next on the right wing I wonder.

I know for sure that whatever players got in, he had competition for them and for the major part of it everyone on this forum was pleased. Even Welsh was praised. I think this team has been marginally improved but mismanaged under Kelly.

The mercurial and prodigal son Gradel?

Or has he too fallen from his pedestal in to the mire along with messrs Sheehan and Wesolowski?

What's this you're labouring on about now. You mentioned it last week and I responded last week. Does nothing sink in?. Work must be getting to you. Forget the money. Take a break, fella.

I've not lost faith in any of the young players. Is that plain enough or not?

Sheehan and Weso have to prove they can overcome injuries but I'd be more than happy having Porter, Logan, King, Dodds and even Stearman in the side or in the squad right now as the best options we've got.

If Weso has no ill effects that's an added bonus and while I find it amazing that Kelly's failed to find any sort of effctive right winger in 18 months of trying it would certainly be ironic that we should perhaps have to turn to the lad who's been waiting at our own club for ages.. fit, fastish, scoring goals and making goals ... and to find that he is, in fact, every bit as good or better than the options too.

Before you choose to put your own inimitable interpretation on the above that is not to say anything about the brillaince or even potential brilliance of those young players - it is simply to say I'd prefer them to our current alternatives because our current alernatives represent some of the worst players, collectively and individually, that I have ever seen in City shirts.

Some would barely make a decent semi-pro side.

To avoid ambiguity our best side now is probably along the lines of:

Logan;

Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Tiatto;

King, Wesolowski, Porter;

Hammond, Hume, Fryatt.

Subs: Henderson, Nils, Gradel, Hughes, Horsfield.

Why? Because we have no wingers apart from Gradel so forget em if possible. And to attack with 4-3-3 you need fast supporting full-backs. The extra striker will give us speed and King/Hammond will give us width. Porter in central midfield will give us creativity and plenty of width potential combining with Tiatto.

We might as well try the 4-3-3, althought mine would be different to Thracian's.

Hendo

Maybury ---McAuley-- Kisnorbo ----Nils---

Weso

*****-------------Porter

----Hume -----------------------Hammond

Fryatt

The ***** is because I have absolutely no idea to play there. Hughes or Jarrett probably, but I havn't seen Andy King so can't comment.

Here's mine:

***** ---McAuley-- ***** ----Nils---

Fryatt

Place player of choice into the empty slots because I simply can't be arsed to pick'em - these are the only players I'd keep for next season and one of them is going. :rolleyes::angry:

Here's mine:

Fryatt

Place player of choice into the empty slots because I simply can't be arsed to pick'em - these are the only players I'd keep for next season and one of them is going. :rolleyes::angry:

Still a bit weak in midfield! :D :D

Here's mine:

Fryatt

Place player of choice into the empty slots because I simply can't be arsed to pick'em - these are the only players I'd keep for next season and one of them is going.

Nils has to go surely/ ripped apart by any sort of pace or trickery

Here's mine:

Fryatt

I agree with McAuley as he has been one of the better players. Nils has to go he is awful. Fryatt has potential :unsure: What about hume though?

Archived