Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Time to ship Worthington out

One game is plenty for me.

We've had Levein who was obsessed with defence. His tactics failed.

We've had Kelly who employed defensive overload. It failed.

And now we have Worthington saying he was going to "pass" and employing the slowest, least supportive and worst passing back four he could muster - and no creaqtive midfielder once again.

Did Mandaric not explain what the hell he wanted or did he just order "experience" again.

"Experience" is like a sodding millstone round our neck.

No wonder we spend the last 15/20 minutes defending for our lives - and not for the first time.

Our team needs speed, staying power and energy. We haven't got much so we sure as hell can't leave what we've got on the sidelines.

MM has four games left to fend off disaster. I and others have told him what needs doing for months now and instead we've trundled along the same tracks with the same outcome and have now made it nine games without a win and with 18 goals conceded in eight games.

Could the message ever be clearer? But now new problems are arising.

Eight weeks ago it would have been so easy to use people like King, Mattock, Sheehan, Dodds even Gradel, one or two at a time and any problems blending the new team together could have been worked through.

Now, there's no margin left. They'll be lambs to the slaughter - convenient scapegoats if they make any sort of mistake - no matter how many mistakes the seniors have been forgiven.

Indeed King and Mattock would be best winning the title now with the Academy and staying well clear of the excuse for a team that poses as our Championship side cos even being associated with them right now can do no good for their reputations.

That's unless MM is brave and ruthless enough to draw a line under the latest nonsense and get Beaglehole and Gerry Taggart to see our season out.

Oh would u just shut up!

Constant changes wont help anyone. Its the players not the manager thats just the facts. There lazy and give up to easily, the manager does his best its not his fault if they dont play to there full potential thats up to them to produce the goods on the day.

Atleast we passed about and looked like we were gunna play some decent football today, give him a F**king chance he aint a bloody miracle worker, and why would Taggart make any difference anyway???

According to RL Paul Ince coming in at the end of the season is a done deal.

With one of the bookies not taking any more bets on it, its looking that way...

Give the guy a chance, take away the elementary errors and we would have won, come on you are being stupid Thrac. Even 5 games is barely enough to judge him never mind just today.

I'd agree... the first hour was good IMHO, played better than we have for months, poor fitness and bad luck was what cost us... can we do anything about that? I really dont know... but there were good signs, it might well be too late, but that is very much the previous coaching regimes fault.

Oh would u just shut up!

Constant changes wont help anyone. Its the players not the manager thats just the facts. There lazy and give up to easily, the manager does his best its not his fault if they dont play to there full potential thats up to them to produce the goods on the day.

Atleast we passed about and looked like we were gunna play some decent football today, give him a F**king chance he aint a bloody miracle worker, and why would Taggart make any difference anyway???

:worship: sense at last

I'd agree... the first hour was good IMHO, played better than we have for months, /////poor fitness and bad luck was what cost us... can we do anything about that? I really dont know... but there were good signs, it might well be too late, but that is very much the previous coaching regimes fault.

:thumbup:

1st bold section - Must be down to Wortho, surely :dunno:

2nd bold section - Kelly's fault, Wortho can't rewind time

Thracian, you need to get a grip, we are all suffering and it is frustrating but with the players at his disposal, Wortho seemed to get more out of them than Kelly ever did.

Oh would u just shut up!

I'll shut up when this club gets some sodding pride back and brings in the sort of people who will ensure just that. I am pissed off with the endless own goals - and I don't mean McAuley's.

If Taggart can't do something about a defence that leaks 18 goals in eight games then he might as well quit coaching now and I've seen enough of Beaglehole to be bloody sure he'll know how we might get some goals - and I suspect it wouldn't be by playing two less than fit forwards.

Not much being said about the decision to rush Fryatt back to a starting place before he was ready.

paul ince has bin a crap manager but i bet he could do a good job on the pitch for us and i dont think you can judge wortho on one game give him Birmingham and preston.

I disagree, getting Macclesfield out of the drop zone was a tough task. I know that is league two, but with more to work with here, I'm sure he could do a good job.

One game is plenty for me.

We've had Levein who was obsessed with defence. His tactics failed.

We've had Kelly who employed defensive overload. It failed.

And now we have Worthington saying he was going to "pass" and employing the slowest, least supportive and worst passing back four he could muster - and no creaqtive midfielder once again.

Did Mandaric not explain what the hell he wanted or did he just order "experience" again.

"Experience" is like a sodding millstone round our neck.

No wonder we spend the last 15/20 minutes defending for our lives - and not for the first time.

Our team needs speed, staying power and energy. We haven't got much so we sure as hell can't leave what we've got on the sidelines.

MM has four games left to fend off disaster. I and others have told him what needs doing for months now and instead we've trundled along the same tracks with the same outcome and have now made it nine games without a win and with 18 goals conceded in eight games.

Could the message ever be clearer? But now new problems are arising.

Eight weeks ago it would have been so easy to use people like King, Mattock, Sheehan, Dodds even Gradel, one or two at a time and any problems blending the new team together could have been worked through.

Now, there's no margin left. They'll be lambs to the slaughter - convenient scapegoats if they make any sort of mistake - no matter how many mistakes the seniors have been forgiven.

King must be feeling great. Not only did he miss the Academy win but Wortho didn't have the bottle to pick him for the first team. More waste of resources but I shouldn 't be surprised.

King and Mattock would be best winning the title now with the Academy and staying well clear of the excuse for a team that poses as our Championship side cos even being associated with them right now can do no good for their reputations.

That's unless MM is brave and ruthless enough to draw a line under the latest nonsense and get Beaglehole and Gerry Taggart to see our season out.

I agree with a lot of that but not with Wortho being kicked out yet.

I agree that youth should have been used 2 months ago when we were doing ok but now there is no chance as its too much of a risk.

Well, too much of a risk to the manager. What the manager fails to see is that playing jason jarrett every week is a risk that WILL take us down.

Thracian, you need to get a grip, we are all suffering and it is frustrating but with the players at his disposal, Wortho seemed to get more out of them than Kelly ever did.

Thats pretty much what i was saying... if Kelly could have actually kept the team fit (like any competant manager) we'd have maintained the tempo we started with IMHO (might even have taken our chances a little better... and got more out of the first half), as things stand i think Wortho did ok, some noticable improvment...

worthington hasn't had enough time to work with the players to perform any miracles just needs a few more days to work with the players to get them playing how he wants them to

Managers always do first time out but that wasn't our strongest attacking side and until we get a manager who will field our strongest attacking side he'll get no sympathy from me - especially having talked the talk. There is no evidence whatsover that we can survive without scoring two goals a game and it will be a shame to wait til May for that to sink in. After all I did mention it last August before a game had been played.

Oh would u just shut up!

At least we passed about and looked like we were gunna play some decent football today, give him a F**king chance he aint a bloody miracle worker, and why would Taggart make any difference anyway???

Holly, you're a star. Well said.

Managers always do first time out but that wasn't our strongest attacking side and until we get a manager who will field our strongest attacking side he'll get no sympathy from me - especially having talked the talk. There is no evidence whatsover that we can survive without scoring two goals a game and it will be a shame to wait til May for that to sink in. After all I did mention it last August before a game had been played.

Firstly where do you find one of those? and secondly that would put further strain on a defence that has suddenly leaked goals. I'd rather sit 10 men behind the ball and pick up 4 '0-0' draws to take us to 51 points rather than chance winning or losing games '4-3' and '3-2'. Playing our strongest attacking side would be fine for us if we were in Norwich's 'nothing to play for' situation but it is too risky now.

seemed like miller was pulling most of the strings today. He was off that bench and in the managers ears constantly, plus of course he gave the management the low-down on the squad beforehand. This gimp should have gone with the others.

First 10 minutes we had a good passing team... then we went back to the defenders hoofing it up to the strikers.

Thats the Wortho way im affraid ive seen it happen many many times when he was at Blackpool he starts off with good intentions then it just gets hoofed, he's the hoofball master as ive said before.

Firstly where do you find one of those? and secondly that would put further strain on a defence that has suddenly leaked goals. I'd rather sit 10 men behind the ball and pick up 4 '0-0' draws to take us to 51 points rather than chance winning or losing games '4-3' and '3-2'. Playing our strongest attacking side would be fine for us if we were in Norwich's 'nothing to play for' situation but it is too risky now.

after today, at least worthy has an incentive to turn it around, if he wants any chance of the full time hot seat he'll have to turn this shower into a team capable of getting some points...simple

Archived