Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Time to ship Worthington out

Hello - I'm a Norwich City supporter living in Leicestershire and went to the game. Because I live locally I do care about LCFC and I was dead jealous about you getting Mandaric's millions. However, I have to say that Mandaric has made a big mistake by bringing in Worthington and Livermore.

We were lucky to go up to the Premiership in a year that we were relatively injury free, had no real competition and the fans put the money up to buy Huckerby (not Worthy's decision). Since then Worthy has ruined our club, just like he did at Blackpool and Grant is doing the best he can with Worthy's useless players. We have had three years of failure during which time our incompetent and football inexperienced Board lapped up all his nonsense and condoned his useless signings (like Jarrett - probably the worst signing in all of my 45 years supporting Norwich). The "Worthy Out" campaign took over a year to achieve its objective with a Board that was too soft centred and naive.

He is not the answer for you - you deserve better, but I hate to say that today was one of the happiest days of my life - not because you lost and we won, but because I wanted more than anything to rub Worthington's nose in the dirt for trashing my Club.

I wish you well - if Worthington wasn't with you I think you'd definitely stay up, but I'm afraid for you - he really is clueless and Livermore is even worse. You'd expect a manager in his first game to fire up a team, like Grant did at Birminmgham in his first game, but all it seemed to do was fire us up more!

Good luck!

In fairness, Moanihno would have had a bloody job on motivating that lot. :thumbdown:

Especially when he had little more than 48 hours to right some of the wrongs - like the fact they're completely unmotivatable (is that a word? It is now!) and totally unfit.

It was a tall order for him to get us to beat you lot with so little time - the players just aren't up to it I'm afraid. Perhaps we'll be able to put up a better showing against Birmingham, he'll have had a few more days with the squad by then (but still too little to have any real effect). :whistle:

Basically our squad is a huge stinking pile of glue-factory-bound horses and there's essentially nothing anyone can do to fix that.

Thracian - what I don't understand is why you think these youngsters are so good.

A given I haven't seen them play, but surely there's a reason they're still in the academy, and their time will come?

Dodds - he's playing for Rochdale ffs. Started 4 times this season.

Our current players have the skill - they've showed it before - they just need a rocket up their arses.

Look at it this way, If a member of the public turns up on Ready Steady Cook having spent their £5 on lumps of shit, regardless of whether it's Gordon fooking Ramsey or my 7 year old son, the meal cooked is liable to taste of shit.

Our players are a bag of shit and therefore whether it be Rob Kelly, Nigel Worthington or Jose Mourinho that picks/coaches the team, we are going to be served up shit.

He can't change a great deal other than replace some of the older shit with fresher shit.

Sums up the season really.

Wortho's reputation and career and city's future is at hand here!! He will be here till the end of the season, unfortunately wortho does not have any luxuries of trying new ideas, formations etc especailly after todays result. He will be relying on Miller's info etc to make some big decisions. I'm not saying i'm a wortho fan but I love my club, and want the coont to get me a win!!

Whether he was a 'nice bloke' or 'he loved the club' as some people say, may well be true but it was largely irrelevant, Kelly simply had to go. As Mandaric himself said (and lets face it, he must be well sweating about his investment), he didn't want to be sitting there at the end of the season and kicking himself for not doing something. Big chairman have to make big decisions. When it comes to getting the new bloke in, any preffrered first choices, Ince or otherwise, are probably still employed and unlikely to even consider us until the end of the season both for loyalty reasons to their existing clubs and also, to see what division we're in! Admittedly, Worthington wouldn't be my first choce but beggars can't be choosers and whether we like it or not, whilst WE might love our club, we're not looking a good prospect for a new manager at this precise moment despite MM's proposed transfer money for the future (which by the, is fairly insignificant compared with the 3 decent squads and parachute payments of those that will come down from the premiership.

Whilst I was hoping for a win agaist Norwich and Barnsley as our point for survival, we can't realistically blame a manager who has two/three days to work with his players. However, team selection over the next few games is vital but Worthington yesterday would have largely had to rely on Miller possibly and arguably, like Kelly when Levein left, he's 'tainted goods'.

As for my team, I'd perhaps stick with Henderson in goal and have Mabury at right back against Birmingham as Stearman gives the ball away too much and has been a liability this season in my opinion, and Maybury is less likely to buckle under pressure. I thought Weslowski did well yesterday but see nothing in Jarrett I'm afraid. I don't know whether Johnson's still injured and whilst I don't like him either, he's certainly imo better than Jarrett. I'd play Yates on the right, hasn't had enough chances for my liking and looks a good prospect who needs a proper coach (not Kelly). He does tend to have a good start then fade but if that happens we have Newton to bring on. Has to be Hume and Fryatt up front for me, at least to start off with and Horsefield on the bench, with Levi on the left. How many times does Levi seem to be left unmarked on the left without anyone passing to him, he could do far more damage given the opportunity. I was looking forward to McCauley coming back yesterday as I believe that he has been one of this sesons brighter spots, perhaps fitness levels etc was his down fall yesterday. Don't know about Mattock as its a very big ask for a young lad, but it's been crying out for a proper left back since day one of the season!!! (Kelly). Possibly need to stick with the experience of Johansson there but we should have seen Mattock weeks ago. I think Hughes can also contribute when NOT played out on the right (der Kelly, we have Yates and Newton for that position).

Just realised that I'm rambling!! sorry just care a lot.

Cheers.

Hello - I'm a Norwich City supporter living in Leicestershire and went to the game. Because I live locally I do care about LCFC and I was dead jealous about you getting Mandaric's millions. However, I have to say that Mandaric has made a big mistake by bringing in Worthington and Livermore.

We were lucky to go up to the Premiership in a year that we were relatively injury free, had no real competition and the fans put the money up to buy Huckerby (not Worthy's decision). Since then Worthy has ruined our club, just like he did at Blackpool and Grant is doing the best he can with Worthy's useless players. We have had three years of failure during which time our incompetent and football inexperienced Board lapped up all his nonsense and condoned his useless signings (like Jarrett - probably the worst signing in all of my 45 years supporting Norwich). The "Worthy Out" campaign took over a year to achieve its objective with a Board that was too soft centred and naive.

He is not the answer for you - you deserve better, but I hate to say that today was one of the happiest days of my life - not because you lost and we won, but because I wanted more than anything to rub Worthington's nose in the dirt for trashing my Club.

I wish you well - if Worthington wasn't with you I think you'd definitely stay up, but I'm afraid for you - he really is clueless and Livermore is even worse. You'd expect a manager in his first game to fire up a team, like Grant did at Birminmgham in his first game, but all it seemed to do was fire us up more!

Good luck!

Bang on, and it took about the same length of time to get him out of Blackpool, he must really speel the shit to the board and worm his way in as almost on the verge of being best friends with them.

Thracian, whether you like it or not, Worthington picked a team after your own heart.

Five players aged 20 or under appeared for the side yesterday. None (not even Weso or Porter) showed the standard necessary to compete in the struggle in which we find ourselves.

And as was shown by the hurried hoofs by an extremely jittery Mattock in the closing minutes, there is a massive world of difference between playing against teams of one's own age group in front of dozens on a training ground, and playing against seasoned professionals in front of 20000+.

Too many of yesterday's side are too physically and/or mentally frail to wear a City shirt. Unless Worthington can grasp that basic point, we are doomed.

0,,10274~3178254,00.jpg

I taught him that impersonation

"Hmmmmm Betty!" - he's still not got it though, but we are going to work on it over the next couple of games to take the masculine edge off it.

We'll have it nailed before the relegation party :thumbup:

I think people are being too harsh on Wortho. He has accepted the job on a short term basis which we should applaud him for as not many would have come for 5 matches and a hiding to nothing. He has had little chance to have an impact and although I dont want him as our manager, we should stick by him to keep us up and then tell him to sod off. Lets not forget its MM who made the decision to sack RK now and bring Wortho in so if anyone is to blame if we go down its MM.

I think people are being too harsh on Wortho.

NO!

I think it is perfectly reasonable for people to assess his abilities and write him off after one match...after all, these people are Leicester supporters and really know football...they supported Rob Kelly up until the end of March for Gods sake; they know their stuff....and anyone that says the majority of our fans have knee-jerk reactions all the time and act like a bunch of sheep_invaders.gif are simply wrong.

Maybe... :whistle:

NO!

I think it is perfectly reasonable for people to assess his abilities and write him off after one match...after all, these people are Leicester supporters and really know football...they supported Rob Kelly up until the end of March for Gods sake; they know their stuff....and anyone that says the majority of our fans have knee-jerk reactions all the time and act like a bunch of sheep_invaders.gif are simply wrong.

No Dave you have to be realistic mate. Alex Ferguson took about 4 years to start doing well and almost got sacked before kicking on. We expect miracles from bloke that has been here 5 mins and doesnt know the players, there abilities or there personalities. I dont think we can expect too much from him and we should be blaming the previous board for this mess and MM for not getting a permanent manager in (so that the players can gain focus). As I say, I actually dont like Wortho as a manager but he was called and offered the job so he would need time to have a major effect on the team.

NO!

Could you refrain from an opinion on yesterday's game unless you weren't there, thanks.

I think people are being too harsh on Wortho. He has accepted the job on a short term basis which we should applaud him for as not many would have come for 5 matches and a hiding to nothing. He has had little chance to have an impact and although I dont want him as our manager, we should stick by him to keep us up and then tell him to sod off. Lets not forget its MM who made the decision to sack RK now and bring Wortho in so if anyone is to blame if we go down its MM.

Im sure they're is some hidden agenda for him to turn down other offers and then come here on a 5 game basis, it really is naive if you think Wortho has done this for LeicesterCityFootballClub alone.

Im sure they're is some hidden agenda for him to turn down other offers and then come here on a 5 game basis, it really is naive if you think Wortho has done this for LeicesterCityFootballClub alone.

The realstiic picture may have been him being offered pants sides. Leicester City is now one of the best clubs to take over if we avoid relegation. Money to spend (all managers love that and most havent much to spend, even in the second tier of English football) a lovely stadium, good training facilities and great support with the potential for much more. Thats why Wortho took it but Im sure it was on the proviso that he has a chance of taking the job full time.

Archived