Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Time to ship Worthington out

I've responded in depth already but if you want a Foxestalk League table of people being wrong we could certainly have some fun.

Even at the end there were even people who didn't want Levein and Kelly out no matter how glaring their failings and how fast our club was sinking.

Good job I didn't offer my thoughts after half an hour against Birmingham. Cos I certainly went to that one and I read every comment first about the Norwich match.

Are you proposing a policy of no comment unless you're there? It might shred the forum dramatically but it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

Talk about a politician's answer!! :D

While I agree that Worthington hasn't been a sensation he has stopped the slide, kept us up, and got us a couple of clean sheets. He didn't have an instant impact but I think that we have improved over the last four games. I don't think any manager could have stopped a slide like we were in and come in and won 15 points from 5 games. So far we have won six from twelve using the same squad of players who had the worst form in the division (1 point from 18) when he came in.

I agree that we still don't look much of a threat in front of goal but until we get a goalscorer at the club I don't think that we will. Hopefully Milan will provide some cash to let whoever is in charge to bring in a decent striker.

For me the true judge of Worthingtons will be against Wolves on Sunday. If he can get the players motivated to win that game when there is nothing for us to play for I won't have any problems at all if Milan decides to give him the job.

While I agree that Worthington hasn't been a sensation he has stopped the slide, kept us up, and got us a couple of clean sheets. He didn't have an instant impact but I think that we have improved over the last four games. I don't think any manager could have stopped a slide like we were in and come in and won 15 points from 5 games. So far we have won six from twelve using the same squad of players who had the worst form in the division (1 point from 18) when he came in.

I agree that we still don't look much of a threat in front of goal but until we get a goalscorer at the club I don't think that we will. Hopefully Milan will provide some cash to let whoever is in charge to bring in a decent striker.

For me the true judge of Worthingtons will be against Wolves on Sunday. If he can get the players motivated to win that game when there is nothing for us to play for I won't have any problems at all if Milan decides to give him the job.

In fairness he was never likely to be a sensation in the time he had.

He was employed to keep us up and he has done just that and he deserves our thanks for his endeavours.

I've a sneaky suspicion that Milan will now get somebody else in to take on the next phase of the 3 year plan. Whoever is manager next term will need resources and time and unfortunately the latter is rarely granted in abundance. Indeed some managers are given just 90 minutes to prove their worth such is the impatience of the buying public at times.

Whoever is in charge will have their detractors from day one though.

In fairness he was never likely to be a sensation in the time he had.

He was employed to keep us up and he has done just that and he deserves our thanks for his endeavours.

I've a sneaky suspicion that Milan will now get somebody else in to take on the next phase of the 3 year plan. Whoever is manager next term will need resources and time and unfortunately the latter is rarely granted in abundance. Indeed some managers are given just 90 minutes to prove their worth such is the impatience of the buying public at times.

Whoever is in charge will have their detractors from day one though.

Never a truer word spoken. I couldn't help thinking yesterday though, while it wasn't the greatest away performance I've ever seen from a Leicester team it was a million times better than Ipswich and Southampton last season and Crystal Palace this season. There have been many more but those three are the first to spring to mind. I think it's clear that, while yesterday's first XI was still only modestly talented, it had the energy and fitness we've been lacking for so much of the past two years especially in midfield.

EDIT: lol Reading that back, it had nothing to do with your comment at all really. lol

Never a truer word spoken. I couldn't help thinking yesterday though, while it wasn't the greatest away performance I've ever seen from a Leicester team it was a million times better than Ipswich and Southampton last season and Crystal Palace this season. There have been many more but those three are the first to spring to mind. I think it's clear that, while yesterday's first XI was still only modestly talented, it had the energy and fitness we've been lacking for so much of the past two years especially in midfield.

EDIT: lol Reading that back, it had nothing to do with your comment at all really. lol

Still a valid point though!

Absolutely Fez, we should definitely have a red away kit next season. :thumbup:

Oh God - it's so easy to get sidetracked isn't it?! :blush:

:P:D

I've responded in depth already but if you want a Foxestalk League table of people being wrong we could certainly have some fun.

Even at the end there were even people who didn't want Levein and Kelly out no matter how glaring their failings and how fast our club was sinking.

Good job I didn't offer my thoughts after half an hour against Birmingham. Cos I certainly went to that one and I read every comment first about the Norwich match.

Are you proposing a policy of no comment unless you're there? It might shred the forum dramatically but it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

I'm not after a league table :D we all get things wrong sometimes and most of us hold our hands up. It would be nice if you did for once.

And yes, I would like a policy of not condeming managers as failures after one game, especially if you weren't at the game in question.

I'm not after a league table :D we all get things wrong sometimes and most of us hold our hands up. It would be nice if you did for once.

And yes, I would like a policy of not condeming managers as failures after one game, especially if you weren't at the game in question.

If you're waiting for Thracians apology on this you'd better sit down in a comfy chair with a good book for a while...I suggest:

n190759.jpg:D

Archived