Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Time to ship Worthington out

Oh would u just shut up!

Constant changes wont help anyone. Its the players not the manager thats just the facts. There lazy and give up to easily, the manager does his best its not his fault if they dont play to there full potential thats up to them to produce the goods on the day.

Atleast we passed about and looked like we were gunna play some decent football today, give him a F**king chance he aint a bloody miracle worker, and why would Taggart make any difference anyway???

So Alex Ferguson makes no difference to Man Utd,Bill Shankley made no difference to Liverpool?...your the fool..Worthington is a useless tosser he should never be here...a chimp on valium would have done better this afternoon :rolleyes:

Firstly where do you find one of those? and secondly that would put further strain on a defence that has suddenly leaked goals. I'd rather sit 10 men behind the ball and pick up 4 '0-0' draws to take us to 51 points rather than chance winning or losing games '4-3' and '3-2'. Playing our strongest attacking side would be fine for us if we were in Norwich's 'nothing to play for' situation but it is too risky now.

But that's what we've been doing and we still ship goals and lose matches - it ain't working!

I agree with a lot of that but not with Wortho being kicked out yet.

I agree that youth should have been used 2 months ago when we were doing ok but now there is no chance as its too much of a risk.

Well, too much of a risk to the manager. What the manager fails to see is that playing jason jarrett every week is a risk that WILL take us down.

You are right there. He's had one half decent game as I recall. And how he gets the nod over King is a mystery.

You are right there. He's had one half decent game as I recall. And how he gets the nod over King is a mystery.

Wortho's reputation and career and city's future is at hand here!! He will be here till the end of the season, unfortunately wortho does not have any luxuries of trying new ideas, formations etc especailly after todays result. He will be relying on Miller's info etc to make some big decisions. I'm not saying i'm a wortho fan but I love my club, and want the coont to get me a win!!

One game is plenty for me.

We've had Levein who was obsessed with defence. His tactics failed.

We've had Kelly who employed defensive overload. It failed.

And now we have Worthington saying he was going to "pass" and employing the slowest, least supportive and worst passing back four he could muster - and no creaqtive midfielder once again.

Did Mandaric not explain what the hell he wanted or did he just order "experience" again.

"Experience" is like a sodding millstone round our neck.

No wonder we spend the last 15/20 minutes defending for our lives - and not for the first time.

Our team needs speed, staying power and energy. We haven't got much so we sure as hell can't leave what we've got on the sidelines.

MM has four games left to fend off disaster. I and others have told him what needs doing for months now and instead we've trundled along the same tracks with the same outcome and have now made it nine games without a win and with 18 goals conceded in eight games.

Could the message ever be clearer? But now new problems are arising.

Eight weeks ago it would have been so easy to use people like King, Mattock, Sheehan, Dodds even Gradel, one or two at a time and any problems blending the new team together could have been worked through.

Now, there's no margin left. They'll be lambs to the slaughter - convenient scapegoats if they make any sort of mistake - no matter how many mistakes the seniors have been forgiven.

Indeed King and Mattock would be best winning the title now with the Academy and staying well clear of the excuse for a team that poses as our Championship side cos even being associated with them right now can do no good for their reputations.

That's unless MM is brave and ruthless enough to draw a line under the latest nonsense and get Beaglehole and Gerry Taggart to see our season out.

You seem to be very opinionated for someone who watched horses run around in Liverpool for the whole day. Or did you feck it off?

Wortho's reputation and career and city's future is at hand here!! He will be here till the end of the season, unfortunately wortho does not have any luxuries of trying new ideas, formations etc especailly after todays result. He will be relying on Miller's info etc to make some big decisions. I'm not saying i'm a wortho fan but I love my club, and want the coont to get me a win!!

But I wonder who'd be more likely to get a win.

Wortho

Or Beaglehole and Taggart. :whistle:

Cos I love my club too.

You seem to be very opinionated for someone who spent horses run around in Liverpool for the whole day. Or did you feck it off?

I've spent long enough all season forming an opinion about our players and took the trouble to read every post and every rating in drawing conclusions about what I had already warned about on Friday.

That backline wasn't ever going to turn into fast supporting gazelles overnight and there were individuals in that team who weren't ever going to be fit.

Nor would the attributes of Jarrett won't have changed in a few days - and he simply doesn't create enough or pose enough threat.

Its a team that has to be picked - not 11 individuals.

But I'll be there Tuesday - we'll see what improvements are made.

I've spent long enough all season forming an opinion about our players and took the trouble to read every post and every rating in drawing conclusions about what I had already warned about on Friday.

That backline wasn't ever going to turn into fast supporting gazelles overnight and there were individuals in that team who weren't ever going to be fit.

Nor would the attributes of Jarrett won't have changed in a few days - and he simply doesn't create enough or pose enough threat.

So what you're saying then is "I wasn't there but Worthington should go" - Brilliant!!!!

You point your finger at me for not coming up with solutions but what's the point when you have all the answers despite your absence.

Worthington can only work with what he's got. He can't be expected to perform miracles in his first game.

Thracian, I saw you mention him not playing a creative midfield player. We just don't have one. We don't have enough quality in the team to do well enough in this division to stake a claim for anything other than survival. At the moment we can't even do that.

We played some good stuff at times today and glimpses of 'the passing game' were seen. I'll moan about the Fryatt substitution which was pointless and also the fact we stupidly sat back on our lead after we gave up trying to score again. I hate seeing this. If we'd have carried on the way we were playing we probably would have won the game.

Worthington can only work with what he's got. He can't be expected to perform miracles in his first game.

Thracian, I saw you mention him not playing a creative midfield player. We just don't have one. We don't have enough quality in the team to do well enough in this division to stake a claim for anything other than survival. At the moment we can't even do that.

We played some good stuff at times today and glimpses of 'the passing game' were seen. I'll moan about the Fryatt substitution which was pointless and also the fact we stupidly sat back on our lead after we gave up trying to score again. I hate seeing this. If we'd have carried on the way we were playing we probably would have won the game.

As far as your last point is concerned we never seem to learn. And King is an excellent creative midfielder. How many did he help the Academy score against West Ham today? Another four, making 90 goals for the season!.

So you didn't go then.

May I suggest shutting up about Nigel Worthingtons side seeing as you haven't seen it?

Wortho's only had a couple of days. I'm not enamoured with the bloke, but I wouldn't dump him until he shows an inability to learn from his mistakes. If we're crap at Brum, I wouldn't mind getting rid, again.

Look at it this way, If a member of the public turns up on Ready Steady Cook having spent their £5 on lumps of shit, regardless of whether it's Gordon fooking Ramsey or my 7 year old son, the meal cooked is liable to taste of shit.

Our players are a bag of shit and therefore whether it be Rob Kelly, Nigel Worthington or Jose Mourinho that picks/coaches the team, we are going to be served up shit.

He can't change a great deal other than replace some of the older shit with fresher shit.

Agreed Flynny... he wasn't great, but it's only game one... if he is like that in game four, then we can start talking about Wortho moving on.... ;)

I think we can't blame Wortho for todays effort, our players just don't seem to care ATM about the idea of relegation, we are now 2 points away from the drop zone and certain players in that team are playing as if they don't mind playing league one next season.

Any player with that sort of attitude should be dropped immediately, I know it could mean half the squad is changed for the next match, but I'd rather see commitment to the cause than what is currently happening.

We will see what happens on Tuesday, but having had three managers now and no real change in the situation of us still at the lower end of the ladder, I think we can safely say it's not been entirely the managers fault for this debacle.

I hope MM is willing to spend some dollars this off season, as I reckon bar a few, there might be a need for a sweepout of players from the club for the new season.

I know it's harsh, but it's the truth and without it, we won't go anywhere but stay where we are.

Look at it this way, If a member of the public turns up on Ready Steady Cook having spent their £5 on lumps of shit, regardless of whether it's Gordon fooking Ramsey or my 7 year old son, the meal cooked is liable to taste of shit.

Our players are a bag of shit and therefore whether it be Rob Kelly, Nigel Worthington or Jose Mourinho that picks/coaches the team, we are going to be served up shit.

He can't change a great deal other than replace some of the older shit with fresher shit.

But if you're in a park and only look at the shit - that's all you'll see.

Archived