Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Time to ship Worthington out

One game is plenty for me.

We've had Levein who was obsessed with defence. His tactics failed.

We've had Kelly who employed defensive overload. It failed.

And now we have Worthington saying he was going to "pass" and employing the slowest, least supportive and worst passing back four he could muster - and no creaqtive midfielder once again.

Did Mandaric not explain what the hell he wanted or did he just order "experience" again.

"Experience" is like a sodding millstone round our neck.

No wonder we spend the last 15/20 minutes defending for our lives - and not for the first time.

Our team needs speed, staying power and energy. We haven't got much so we sure as hell can't leave what we've got on the sidelines.

MM has four games left to fend off disaster. I and others have told him what needs doing for months now and instead we've trundled along the same tracks with the same outcome and have now made it nine games without a win and with 18 goals conceded in eight games.

Could the message ever be clearer? But now new problems are arising.

Eight weeks ago it would have been so easy to use people like King, Mattock, Sheehan, Dodds even Gradel, one or two at a time and any problems blending the new team together could have been worked through.

Now, there's no margin left. They'll be lambs to the slaughter - convenient scapegoats if they make any sort of mistake - no matter how many mistakes the seniors have been forgiven.

Indeed King and Mattock would be best winning the title now with the Academy and staying well clear of the excuse for a team that poses as our Championship side cos even being associated with them right now can do no good for their reputations.

That's unless MM is brave and ruthless enough to draw a line under the latest nonsense and get Beaglehole and Gerry Taggart to see our season out.

After one game?

Your reactionary sensationalism finds new heights.

Unbelievable.

Worthington should never have been appointed in the first place, what we were meant to be gaining by having this boring sod in charge god only knows, people on here slagging Worthington should point the finger more in the direction of who appointed him, but then again Milan Mandaric is immune from that sort of criticism eh due to him being the saviour of this club who can do no wrong etc right?

You can bitch and moan all you like about how bad this appointment is, believe you me, I wasn't pleased from the start but like I have been doing for the past 4-5 years supporting Leicester City I will go with blind faith in Worthington and his merry men who have let us down so frequently this season simply through not being good enough. We have missed a playmaker and natural wide men and as a result our entire midfield, the soul of the of the team has been our downfall in my opinion, no protection to the defence and no service to the strikers. All we can do now is hope and pray that this bunch find it within themselves to pull one last performance from the bottom of the barrell, nothing flash, nothing pretty, just get the ball in the net and board up our goalmouth for those o-so vital three points, and the way that will happen is if we stand by the team for these last few matches.

After one game?

Your reactionary sensationalism finds new heights.

Unbelievable.

Wrong.

Rob Kelly was judged by Thracian - among others - immediately after the Southampton FA Cup match.

Judging a manager after one game is nothing new at all.

Fact. :thumbup:

*edit* I'm not saying opinionated judgement after one game is good or bad, merely pointing out that it's been done before. ;)

Wrong.

Rob Kelly was judged by Thracian - among others - immediately after the Southampton FA Cup match.

*edit* I'm not saying opinionated judgement after one game is good or bad, merely pointing out that it's been done before. ;)

At least he went to the Southampton game.

I think some of you are being a little bit harsh on Wortho. He was appointed on Wednesday so he has had 2 full days to work with the squad. Leicester came out firing on all cylinders and could have been three up in 5 minutes. They passed, showed passion and attacked. This is something I have not seen for a long time. Wortho stood on the line and tried to coach the players all through the match - he never gave up.

He has inherited all the players, this is not his squad. They are not fit, thats not his fault either.

Give him a chance - no one could achieve miracles with the players we have.

Everyone said we needed a change, we got one. Not everyone will agree with it but no matter who is appointed there will always be fans who dont like the manager.

One thing is for certain - we will not change the manager or the squad before the end of the season so you may as well get behind what we have got as they are the only hope we have of staying in this league. :angry:

Wrong.

Absolutely and Babs made me feel guilty at times but in the end what I said on day one was what we got - and loads of it.

I don't feel quite as bad about Worthington but he's had a reputation for trying to hold 1-0's by going defensive, particularly the last 20 minutes, and told friends that's exactly what would happen yesterday.

Beaglehole would never do that. If we'd scored his only instructions would be to keep pressing high, win the ball quickly and try to score again by attacking in numbers.

You'd think Worthington might have changed his approach after being sacked and after reviewing the reasons why because sitting back on a lead is so often disastrous.

Indeed Worthington made all the right noises and I acknowledged that Friday. But he also gave the impression he'd pick an attacking central midfield player. Kelly hardly ever did, and boy have we paid for it.

Now Worthington does the same and if he's going to carry on that way we might as well admit it now and get someone who will.

Cos otherwise we'll never sustain attacks whether we get a lead or not and we'll never improve. The Academy haven't scored 90 goals by being lucky - they have always attacked from midfield.

And yes Andy King is the first team's only option in that department but that's not my fault. Lots of people have begged the club to get a decent replacement for Joey - God knows why we ever lost him really - but we haven't.

And seeing King can't be expected to attack and leave Weso holding the defensive side of central midfield on his own we need to go 4-3-3.

There's been all this talk, and even a thread, on Mattock. But, while that's important it's nothing like as crucial as central midfield.

And if Worthington doesn't address it we'll go down. Because we won't score enough and the opposition will continue to score too many.

It will be interesting to see what he does Tuesday.

One game is plenty for me.

We've had Levein who was obsessed with defence. His tactics failed.

We've had Kelly who employed defensive overload. It failed.

And now we have Worthington saying he was going to "pass" and employing the slowest, least supportive and worst passing back four he could muster - and no creaqtive midfielder once again.

Did Mandaric not explain what the hell he wanted or did he just order "experience" again.

"Experience" is like a sodding millstone round our neck.

No wonder we spend the last 15/20 minutes defending for our lives - and not for the first time.

Our team needs speed, staying power and energy. We haven't got much so we sure as hell can't leave what we've got on the sidelines.

MM has four games left to fend off disaster. I and others have told him what needs doing for months now and instead we've trundled along the same tracks with the same outcome and have now made it nine games without a win and with 18 goals conceded in eight games.

Could the message ever be clearer? But now new problems are arising.

Eight weeks ago it would have been so easy to use people like King, Mattock, Sheehan, Dodds even Gradel, one or two at a time and any problems blending the new team together could have been worked through.

Now, there's no margin left. They'll be lambs to the slaughter - convenient scapegoats if they make any sort of mistake - no matter how many mistakes the seniors have been forgiven.

Indeed King and Mattock would be best winning the title now with the Academy and staying well clear of the excuse for a team that poses as our Championship side cos even being associated with them right now can do no good for their reputations.

That's unless MM is brave and ruthless enough to draw a line under the latest nonsense and get Beaglehole and Gerry Taggart to see our season out.

How long does Paul Ince get Thracian?

The usual one game from you i'd imagine, especially if God, Jesus, Mark, Matthew and Paul aren't picked...sorry I mean King, Mattock, Sheehan, Dodds and Gradel.

I'd imagine you wanted O'Neil out after one game as we weren't exactly impressive under him. With fans like you we don't need enemies.

This is getting BORING!!!

Absolutely and Babs made me feel guilty at times but in the end what I said on day one was what we got - and loads of it.

So you should feel bloody guilty about making a judgement about a manager after one game, it's absolutely pathetic. A player or a manager cannot be judged soley on one performance. Only a complete idiot makes up their mind so quickly.

Don't come over all I knew best either. People might have short memories but i'm sure some will remember your "Kelly should get the job" articles when you were writing for that website. When things were going well you were bloody quick to change your opinions... a bit like how Sheehan has been displaced from his perch as the best left back since Roberto Carlos.

Perhaps you'll get your wish of an attacking CM - if King training with the first team had any significance at the end of last week.

It's important to keep in mind that for Worthington, this is an entirely new squad for him to handle - and he's had little over 48 hours to get to grips with it. Two days of training to learn who is in the squad, who can do what and who is ready for what.

When Rob Kelly took over, he know the squad like the back of his hand - so he already knew who was who and who could do what.

Worthington didn't have that luxury, so he could only go on what he's learned in two short days... or what he'd been told by the remnants of the old regime. That doesn't exactly allow him much chance to go forth and find alternative players from within the ranks.

If King has rarely trained with the first team, nobody in the current first team setup will know much about him and can't make decisions about his ability and readiness - so it's hardly surprising he wasn't picked yesterday. Perhaps he'll continue to train with the first team and will make an appearance in the 16 on Tuesday... who knows?

Bottom line is, without the time or resources to find out about the entire squad, Worthington had to make do with what was most familiar to him and his staff.

Also, do you really believe Andy King and a 4-3-3 would have made much of a difference to the outcome? You might hope so, but with a squad as unfit as ours, I'd be sceptical.

I don't feel quite as bad about Worthington but he's had a reputation for trying to hold 1-0's by going defensive, particularly the last 20 minutes, and told friends that's exactly what would happen yesterday.

...which is fine - only that isn't what happened :blink:

Vilifying a manager after one game is bad enough - but to do so after one game that you didn't even watch is...err...incredible :blink:

But at least he's not basing his whole argument around the new manager (who has been at the club since Wednesday) not selecting more than one kid who's never played first team football before.

I've said since the days of Peter Taylor's assembled sqaud, not Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, e.t.c could get us out of this shit with these players.

When will people realise (The penny is slowly dropping with a few people) it is down to the shit players we have playing for us, yes the manager can be at fault and I do agree Kelly did need to go.

And it sounds stupid, it sounds like i'm just looking for someone to blame but I blame Peter Taylor for our current problems, I have my reasons, I will list a few now, and I have plenty more that i'm not gonna list.

Basically he assembled a shite squad while he was here, he wasted money, money that the board could have dangled and possibly (And I'm clutching at straws with the reason but possibly) could have kept Martin O'Neill here if he was given the money, anyway back to Taylor, he got us relegated, he was the reason for administration (Or a major factor), e.t.c, and we have never bounced back, and we have never had a decent squad player since Peter Taylor fuked us up.

We now have Milan, and hopefully we can look forward for the first time in years, but at the moment we're stuck in reverse.

But please people if you want someone to blame, blame the shite on the pitch!

I just wanna know if the players realise how shite they are, If they do blame themselves or if there looking for someone else to blame, e.t.c. Useless Nobs!

I've said since the days of Peter Taylor's assembled sqaud, not Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, e.t.c could get us out of this shit with these players.

When will people realise (The penny is slowly dropping with a few people) it is down to the shit players we have playing for us, yes the manager can be at fault and I do agree Kelly did need to go.

And it sounds stupid, it sounds like i'm just looking for someone to blame but I blame Peter Taylor for our current problems, I have my reasons, I will list a few now, and I have plenty more that i'm not gonna list.

Basically he assembled a shite squad while he was here, he wasted money, money that the board could have dangled and possibly (And I'm clutching at straws with the reason but possibly) could have kept Martin O'Neill here if he was given the money, anyway back to Taylor, he got us relegated, he was the reason for administration (Or a major factor), e.t.c, and we have never bounced back, and we have never had a decent squad player since Peter Taylor fuked us up.

We now have Milan, and hopefully we can look forward for the first time in years, but at the moment we're stuck in reverse.

But please people if you want someone to blame, blame the shite on the pitch!

I just wanna know if the players realise how shite they are, If they do blame themselves or if there looking for someone else to blame, e.t.c. Useless Nobs!

I can't believe people still think stuff like this. Look at Colchester this season. Last summer we would barely have taken a single member of their team over any of ours. This isn't even me asking for us to be pushing for the play-offs like they are, but for our manager to get the team fit, organise them and come up with a gameplan for winning matches. It's criminal the standards of management that have been allowed to happen over the last four to five years.

To shift the blame away from Levein and Kelly for their inability to organise and motivate a team of professional footballers, not to mention select eleven match-fit players on a consistent basis, is inexcusable.

So you should feel bloody guilty about making a judgement about a manager after one game, it's absolutely pathetic. A player or a manager cannot be judged soley on one performance. Only a complete idiot makes up their mind so quickly.

Don't come over all I knew best either. People might have short memories but i'm sure some will remember your "Kelly should get the job" articles when you were writing for that website. When things were going well you were bloody quick to change your opinions... a bit like how Sheehan has been displaced from his perch as the best left back since Roberto Carlos.

There was never a sensible argument for not appointing Kelly after he'd helped save us from relegation. He deserved his chance and I accepted that.

But I always said his style of football was awful and in the end, when opposing teams knew what to expect, the torrid atactics he employed in the Stoke cuptie and so often thereafter increasingly let him down.

So there were no inconsistencies in my opinion about Kelly. I still think he deserved his chance. He blew it.

Sheehan is a different issue entirely and his lack of progress would seem more down to injury than to anything else.

There was never a sensible argument for not appointing Kelly after he'd helped save us from relegation. He deserved his chance and I accepted that.

But I always said his style of football was awful and in the end, when opposing teams knew what to expect, the torrid atactics he employed in the Stoke cuptie and so often thereafter increasingly let him down.

So there were no inconsistencies in my opinion about Kelly. I still think he deserved his chance. He blew it.

Sheehan is a different issue entirely and his lack of progress would seem more down to injury than to anything else.

Find it hard to believe that after one game anyone would pass an opinion about a manger. anyone in their right mind would agree one game is pathetic to call for the manager to go. yep he did lose that game and the one after but as each game has come along Wortho has got that bit more from the squad which as we know is not his. Yesterday city were 7/2 to win at preston and i SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER AND PUT SUM DOSH ON EM TO WIN. Worthington IMO has done more than ok he got us a win when quite a few peeps including me worried where the next point would be coming from.

Give the guy a break he has two games left we are all but safe just needing to do the buisiness to end the mathematically possible worries of going down. after this has happened MM, the club and us need to take a deep breath and begin to sort out the long term task ahead.....getting back to a respectable position that this club should have.

If we were all judged on our first big day out at work ...i for one would have lost my post as i crashed my bosses car !!

One swallow does not a summer make, even if it'll make this summer a hell of a lot easier for Leicester.

Worthington has shown that he can handle the job, but who's to stop Mandaric from bringing in someone else whom he feels can do even better?

One swallow does not a summer make, even if it'll make this summer a hell of a lot easier for Leicester.

Worthington has shown that he can handle the job, but who's to stop Mandaric from bringing in someone else whom he feels can do even better?

MM has been clever in bringing someone in short term to attempt to spice things up. Moraley I dont think he would give two to$$es if Wortho keeps us up. Im sure he`ll have the club and his money in his best interests which bodes well for us. I think we`ll have a new man incharge and the suspending betting on bet365 on Paul Ince coming in is intersting. Maybe the deal is already as good us done there?

Archived