Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Birmingham Pre Match chat, discuss possibilities,expectations and musts here

Play the youth team. Atleast they'll have something to prove, something to play for, and prehaps may even want to play for the club unlike these overpaid twats that are in the first team at the moment!

The youth team may be unexperienced, they may not win but because of the things i've listed above, atleast they'll try.

Really don't give a fuk now! :dunno:

Even though I say that i'll still be there on Tuesday :rolleyes::frusty:

Don't ask me why though :dunno:

I fancy having a giggle for the last few games - let's give the kids some air ready for their League 1 campaign next season...

Team

Keep: Logan

RB: Maybury

CB: Johansson

CB: McAuley

LB: Mattock

M: Gradel

CM:Weso

M: Hume

CF: Cads

F: Odhiambo

F: Fryatt

Subs

Keep: Henderson

Sheehan

Dodds

Johansson

Porter

Train to Lossiemouth

Stearman (one way ticket)

Definitely 4-3-3 but with two options for me.

Either Porter joins King and Weso as the middle three and we couple Hammond's pace with Hume and Fryatt up front.

Or we protect King more and have King, Weso and Hughes/Jarrett in midfield with Porter Hammond and Hume up front.

If that were the case, Porter should be completely free to swop from flank to flank.

This would give King enough protection to do what he's good at which is ghostly into the penalty area for a shot.

So:

Logan;

Maybury, Mcauley, Kisnorbo, Sheehan/Mattock;

King, Weso, Porter;

Hammond, Hume, Fryatt

Or, as above but with Hughes/Jarett instead of Porter in central midfield and Hammond, Hume, Porter (roaming) up front).

Fryatt will be suffering after starting Saurday anyway and will probably be better coming off the bench.

So:

Logan,

Maybury, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Sheehan/Mattock;

King, Weso, Jarrett/Hughes;

Hammond, Hume, Porter.

Definitely 4-3-3 but with two options for me.

Either Porter joins King and Weso as the middle three and we couple Hammond's pace with Hume and Fryatt up front.

Or we protect King more and have King, Weso and Hughes/Jarrett in midfield with Porter Hammond and Hume up front.

If that were the case, Porter should be completely free to swop from flank to flank.

This would give King enough protection to do what he's good at which is ghostly into the penalty area for a shot.

So:

Logan;

Maybury, Mcauley, Kisnorbo, Sheehan/Mattock;

King, Weso, Porter;

Hammond, Hume, Fryatt

Or, as above but with Hughes/Jarett instead of Porter in central midfield and Hammond, Hume, Porter (roaming) up front).

Fryatt will be suffering after starting Saurday anyway and will probably be better coming off the bench.

So:

Logan,

Maybury, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Sheehan/Mattock;

King, Weso, Jarrett/Hughes;

Hammond, Hume, Porter.

Levi Porter, Jason Jarrett and Elvis Hammond have done nothing to warrant any kind of starting place in the remaining 4 games, nor has Sheehan for that matter.

Take out Jarrett in your last team and replace Hammond with Eric O or McKay and replace the woeful midget with Fryatt and perhaps we are talking.

Levi Porter, Jason Jarrett and Elvis Hammond have done nothing to warrant any kind of starting place in the remaining 4 games, nor has Sheehan for that matter.

Take out Jarrett in your last team and replace Hammond with Eric O or McKay and replace the woeful midget with Fryatt and perhaps we are talking.

I'd like to see McKay on the bench for sure.

The all important team selection?

Possibilities?

What is expected from the team and manager?

And what is needed?

i'd go with:

Henderson

kenton ( if fit, dont think he is though ) if unfit, stearman

kisnorbo

Johanson

Sheehan

Porter

weso

king? ( better than the other shite weve got )

newton

fryatt

hume

I think with this being a big game the players will probably step up and put in a performance and maybe scrape a draw, and as long as a good performance is put in, i dont think we can blame them for loosing against such a good team, and take the good performance into the next few games. Not usually how i'd think, but with the way things have been going i suppose i have to look at things from another angle.

Your thoughts?

WHY do so many of you pick Maybury in the team. Anyone notice that which ever side he plays the midfielder ahead of him has a stinker. Doesn't go forward and never passes to feet. Pumps it downfield anywhere. He's useless. Hopefully Levein will take him back north of the border.......watch this space.

There is no way Wortho will change 442. No one in midfield is creative enough. We have scored the fewest home goals in the division.........the problem was illustrated on Sat......we don't finish teams off.

I reckon we should put 16 names in a hat - these 16 form the squad.

Then, we should draw the names at random from the hat and put them beside the 11 on-field positions - the remaining five will form the bench.

To make things as random as possible, this is the sequence of positions to be used.

RW

LB

ST

GK

RB

CM

CB

LM

ST

CM

The 'logical' approach of round pegs into round holes were possible and square pegs into round holes when we're short hasn't done us much good in the last 9 games... why not try something new? :sweating::ph34r:

WHY do so many of you pick Maybury in the team. Anyone notice that which ever side he plays the midfielder ahead of him has a stinker. Doesn't go forward and never passes to feet. Pumps it downfield anywhere. He's useless. Hopefully Levein will take him back north of the border.......watch this space.

There is no way Wortho will change 442. No one in midfield is creative enough. We have scored the fewest home goals in the division.........the problem was illustrated on Sat......we don't finish teams off.

Because Stearman seems to be making it so hard to pick him as an alternative. Because Kenton is injured and because McAuley is an awful right back. I did wonder about someone else's idea of trying Hughes at right back.

But I doubt any of the options would warrant a place in a non-League side in that position.

Because Stearman seems to be making it so hard to pick him as an alternative. Because Kenton is injured and because McAuley is an awful right back. I did wonder about someone else's idea of trying Hughes at right back.

But I doubt any of the options would warrant a place in a non-League side in that position.

If that's not a square peg in a round hole, I don't know what is. :ph34r:

Refer to my previous post for a true alternative. :thumbup:

McAuley wasn't that bad at right-back. He got done for pace by Radzinski at Fulham but apart from that he was fairly solid and actually looked decent going forward.

Hughes would be the worst right-back the world has ever seen. And don't go mentioning anyone else cos they wouldn't be as bad as Hughes. He has no skills whatsoever conducive to playing at right-back. It's not happening.

If that's not a square peg in a round hole, I don't know what is. :ph34r:

Refer to my previous post for a true alternative. :thumbup:

Inept goal keeper

No pace defender

Don't give a fook defender

Headless chicken defender

Out of position defender

Left sided getting paid so what's the problem bloke...etc...etc...

Which leads to...

I can't fooking be bothered supporter!!!

McAuley wasn't that bad at right-back. He got done for pace by Radzinski at Fulham but apart from that he was fairly solid and actually looked decent going forward.

Hughes would be the worst right-back the world has ever seen. And don't go mentioning anyone else cos they wouldn't be as bad as Hughes. He has no skills whatsoever conducive to playing at right-back. It's not happening.

And there you have it. Having thought left-back was our more serious problem we're now short of a quality right-back. We'll simply have to disagree about McAuley. He's seemed an okay centre-back but he's desperately vulnerable as a right back.

In my book, full-backs need to be among the fastest, most mobile players in the team. Mix that with aggression and passing ability and you'll have a good un. McAuley rates about 5/10 if I'm generous.

Reluctantly I picked Maybury because he can do the job. Whether he will is a different matter.

We won that game maybe your a lucky charm. I vote Mort to start the next one :thumbup:

First win of the season… after two dire performances and it was a home game… ok it was against Ipswich who are the time were pretty deep in the shit, but we still wound up beating them, even doing the double on them this season… so I’ll give it a crack if I’m awake after 12 :thumbup:

Archived