Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Birmingham Pre Match chat, discuss possibilities,expectations and musts here

First win of the season… after two dire performances and it was a home game… ok it was against Ipswich who are the time were pretty deep in the shit, but we still wound up beating them, even doing the double on them this season… so I’ll give it a crack if I’m awake after 12 :thumbup:

Very good :D

Tomorrow night needs our fans to play the game of their lives.

I would like the manager to pick a 4-3-3 side comprising players with a future at the club and be reasonably sure in my mind that we will get real commitment from them.

Then it is important that the fans show that team they're right behind them for the night. That will be relatively easy pre-kick-off and while we are level or winning. The challenge will come if we go behind.

Fans are seriously frustrated and impatient for a change of fortunes. But whatever happens on the pitch they need to realise that the team needs support and that anything less will only make winning even less likely.

If King, Mattock, Porter, Weso, Stearman and Logan are in the side they need to feel that people are believing in them not waiting to pounce on their first mistake. The same goes for Hammond and all the others to be honest.

But Worthington needs to play his part.

Many have said we tried to pass the ball and play like a football team on Saturday until we ran out of legs and it is the fans support that can help keep them running. It can act like adrenalin and the more that turn up early to offer their encouragement when the players arrive the better.

Because of the Players-with-a-Future thought teamwise I've changed my mind and gone with Stearman at right back and would hope we line up as:

Logan;

Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Mattock/Sheehan;

King, Wesolowski, Porter;

Hammond, Hume, Fryatt.

Subs: Henderson, Nils, Newton, McKay, Odhiambo.

Stearman and Mattock have to drive forward from full-back and with that team we'd have midfielders sensible enough and responsible enough to cover when they do.

Most important the team has passing ability and movement.

It's a big ask beating Birmingham in our frame of mind but that team probably has the best chance of success. There's eight potential scorers and there's very few in it who have no chance of playing for us next season.

For the subs I've stuck with my future-at-the-club principle as far as possible, because it is best for team spirit. If a midfielder needs changing I'd put Hume back there and bring on a fresh stiker like McKay. That lad ouses confidence and is scoring freely at the moment.

It's a positive line-up. And, given that I have no faith in the old-brigade's defence and midfield, that's the way I'd go and, baring disaster, probably with only minor adjustments right through to the end of the season.

Logan

Stearman - McAuley - Kisnorbo - Nissa

Gradel - Weso - Jarrett - Levi

Hume - Fryatt

Ive never seen Gradel play or King for that matter (who I would have on the bench) but anything is better than playing players out of position or bums who dont give a monkeys.

BTW, I expect passion from our team but lets put it into perspective. Brums forward line cost £10m to put together and thats wihout the two loanees! One of the loanees (Benthner) it a Danish International who has scored scomething like 3 in 7 games and is reported to be worth £7-10m. Our side cost about £1.5m to put togther, if that!

I fear a 1-3 loss.

Logan

Kenton

McAuley/Johansson

Kisnorbo

Mattock

Newton

King

Jarrett

Porter

Hume

Odihambo

Subs: McKay, Gradel, Henderson, Johansson/Maybury, Fryatt

I think a 1-2 or 1-3 to be honest. :unsure:

Hughes, Johnson, Stearman, Horsfield can all f**k off!!!! :thumbup:

Kenton might have made a case but I think you'll find he's injured.

The one player I think who had the greatest adverse affect on the team is Newton. Since this buffoon joined every game I think he’s started in we’ve lost. On Saturday he was so awful I felt physically sick every time he got the ball. Yeats is no world beater but I would have to say he’s the better option to that ****ing useless donkey that is Newton.

A return of Henderson in goal is required. Conrad appears to be lacking a lot of confidence and looked very nervous throughout the game against Norwich.

I think Mattock should start, I just hope we never have to endure watching another game with Alan Maybury in our team.

McAuley was clearly not 100% fit on Saturday and it showed, hopefully he’ll be in better condition for Tuesday’s game for us to have any hope of not conceding a goal.

Levi is becoming more of a disappointment every time he plays, his attitude stinks and is clearly visible. You get the impression he couldn’t really give ****. I would like to see him replaced.

I don’t know what the situation is with Andy Johnson, whether he’s injured badly or not but I would consider dropping Jarrett for this game.

Stephen Hughes should not even be considered.

Hume & Fryatt. Vast improvements are needed from them both for us to stand any chance of getting any points from our remaining games. It’s frustrating as we all know that when they can be bothered and play well it can provide us with the all important goals we need to stay in the division.

its a game in which we must simply get something out of even if its a point as i have a feeling barnsley will beat us :rolleyes:

i remember the last time we played them, everyone thought we were going to get dicked by them, but we fought hard and got a point out of them and tbh we didnt even play well and you know we havnt if hammond scores

A point would go a long way towards safety for us - it'd take us 3 points clear of the drop zone with 3 games to go, and a superior goal difference to Leeds would see us sit on essentially a 4 point gap. It wouldn't make us safe but it'd perhaps start to ease tensions ever so slightly. Birmingham are inconsistent themselves at the minute, but know that a win here would see them go 2 points? clear of Derby in the automatic promotion race. It won't be easy. Though the lads should perhaps (funnily enough) watch tapes of us in the Kelly era of draws against WBA and Derby at home.

A point would go a long way towards safety for us - it'd take us 3 points clear of the drop zone with 3 games to go, and a superior goal difference to Leeds would see us sit on essentially a 4 point gap. It wouldn't make us safe but it'd perhaps start to ease tensions ever so slightly. Birmingham are inconsistent themselves at the minute, but know that a win here would see them go 2 points? clear of Derby in the automatic promotion race. It won't be easy. Though the lads should perhaps (funnily enough) watch tapes of us in the Kelly era of draws against WBA and Derby at home.

We havent done terribly against top teams really

1 Sunderland 43 25 82 - 1-1 and lost

2 Derby 43 15 78 - lost (should have been draw but for ref) and 1-1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Birmingham 42 22 77 - 1-1/hopefully wont loose

4 Preston 43 13 71 - lost/hopefully wont loose

5 West Brom 43 19 70 - lost and 1-1

6 Wolverhampton 43 -1 70 - won! and hopefully wont loose

That is not a terrible record considering how much better than us they are though obviously still 3 games to go of the 12 :rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is not a terrible record considering how much better than us they are though obviously still 3 games to go of the 12 :rolleyes:

Cheers, that makes me feel a whole lot better!!!! :rolleyes::cry:

So what you're saying is out of the 9 games we have played against the top teams we have won 1 of them?

Great.

The one player I think who had the greatest adverse affect on the team is Newton. Since this buffoon joined every game I think he’s started in we’ve lost. On Saturday he was so awful I felt physically sick every time he got the ball.

I was happy with him to begin with, his one-touch layoff's were causing Norwich huge problems...the passing was crisp and his vision good.

The trouble began as soon as Kenton went off and no longer linked up with him...Stearman immediately took up his resident right back position upon coming on - the penalty spot. No overlapping runs, no intricate play with Newton...nothing but long balls.

This meant Newton had to come inside to find the ball or stand around wondering when anyone was going to run for space for him to pass to.

Newton was let down by the team and that lanky useless streak of piss in particular.

Love the logic on here, Andy King must be better than what we have because what we have ins't very good lol so simplistic and really not true.

Exactly.

No one knows whether he could cut it or not. I'm not saying he couldn't and I'm not saying don't give the lad a go.. but what I am saying is that it is not certain that he'd be better than what we've got.

I was happy with him to begin with, his one-touch layoff's were causing Norwich huge problems...the passing was crisp and his vision good.

The trouble began as soon as Kenton went off and no longer linked up with him...Stearman immediately took up his resident right back position upon coming on - the penalty spot. No overlapping runs, no intricate play with Newton...nothing but long balls.

This meant Newton had to come inside to find the ball or stand around wondering when anyone was going to run for space for him to pass to.

Newton was let down by the team and that lanky useless streak of piss in particular.

Newton was abysmal in the second half. But I agree our plight wasn’t helped by the fact the deformed chimp was brought on to replace Kenton.

Newton was abysmal in the second half. But I agree our plight wasn’t helped by the fact the deformed chimp was brought on to replace Kenton.

:wave: million pounds!

Logan

Stearman

Kisnorbo

Nisse

Mattock

Cadamarteri

Wesolowski

King

Porter (although he's been shit for several games now. But can't think of anyone else to play there)

Fryatt

Hume

Subs: McKay, Gradel, Maybury, Hughes, Odihambo

Logan

Stearman

Kisnorbo

Nisse

Mattock

Cadamarteri

Wesolowski

King

Porter (although he's been shit for several games now. But can't think of anyone else to play there)

Fryatt

Hume

Subs: McKay, Gradel, Maybury, Hughes, Odihambo

Testiment to how great Rob Kelly is, not a single one of his signings in the team despite the fact he has bought in 8 players since arriving (obviously McAuley is injured :D )

Archived