Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Birmingham Pre Match chat, discuss possibilities,expectations and musts here

I can see us gaining a point from the match against Birmingham, and I would give a few of the younger lads a chance, and play a 4-3-1-2, defending has not been a problem for us this season, we just can't seem to score. At least Wortho has the team playing with more fluidity than Kelly ever managed. I think that 4 points minimum will see us stay up, no problem.

My team would be:

HENDERSON

STEARMAN McAULEY KISNORBO MATTOCK

KING WESOLOWSKI PORTER

HUME

FRYATT HORSFIELD

PS - I pick Horsfield because he's a natural goalscorer and he'll be pumped up to face his old employment. :thumbup:

To be fair i'd be at a loss to who in the squad can make a difference.

Don't know much about king, but surely he can't do worse than some "senior" professionals.

If you recall Danny C, he might as well be in the team if he is fit.

When Horsefield trudged onto the field on Saturday he looked liked he had spent most of the afternoon in the pub.

He contributed absolutely nothing to game whatsoever. He looked completely disinterested, even more so than the rest of them.

He’s over weight and out of shape.

Kenton Out for the Season:

Team News

Nigel Worthington had some mixed news to report on the injury front ahead of Tuesday night's Coca-Cola Championship clash against Birmingham City at the Walkers Stadium.

The Leicester caretaker boss lost both Gareth McAuley and Darren Kenton to injury during their defeat at the hands of Norwich City last weekend, while Jason Jarrett also picked up a knock on the day.

But while Worthington was able to relay some positive words regarding the fitness of Jarrett and McAuley, the news on Kenton wasn't so encouraging.

He said: "We have got a few other bumps and knocks, but our mental strength will carry us through.

"Gareth and Jason both want to play, and from my point of view that is a great thing. They have trained this morning (Monday) and they did very well. They are both now looking forward to Tuesday night.

"But Darren Kenton has got a hamstring problem and I think his season is as good as finished. That's disappointing."

Meanwhile, Worthington confirmed that skipper Paddy McCarthy was making good progress.

He added: "Paddy is still struggling with the shoulder injury, but hopefully we will get a couple of weeks of fitness work and rough and ready work into him and then see what he is like for the last game or so."

The horse didnt look hungry. Although to be fair,Elvis does have pace.

You can lead the Horse to the water but you can't make him drink!

This is a game I could see us winning :blink:

Because Birmingham are considered one of the bigger teams in the league, They are a good team, and are doing well, The players will look at these and think "Ah up we'll need to actually turn up and play to beat a team like Birmingham"

Cheers lads, you doing a great job keep it up :thumbup::rolleyes:

Wankers.

Definitely 4-3-3 but with two options for me.

Either Porter joins King and Weso as the middle three and we couple Hammond's pace with Hume and Fryatt up front.

Or we protect King more and have King, Weso and Hughes/Jarrett in midfield with Porter Hammond and Hume up front.

If that were the case, Porter should be completely free to swop from flank to flank.

This would give King enough protection to do what he's good at which is ghostly into the penalty area for a shot.

So:

Logan;

Maybury, Mcauley, Kisnorbo, Sheehan/Mattock;

King, Weso, Porter;

Hammond, Hume, Fryatt

Or, as above but with Hughes/Jarett instead of Porter in central midfield and Hammond, Hume, Porter (roaming) up front).

Fryatt will be suffering after starting Saurday anyway and will probably be better coming off the bench.

So:

Logan,

Maybury, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Sheehan/Mattock;

King, Weso, Jarrett/Hughes;

Hammond, Hume, Porter.

So your logic for playing King on the right is so he would have more protection. So on the right we have Hammond and Maybury - what sort of protection is that? Cant say I have ever seen Hammond make a tackle or Maybury for that matter!!!

I would have more confidence in being protected by using a durex that a hedgehog would have slept on for a month!!!!

Akinbiyi had pace but look how well he used it. You need pace to be in the 100m. You need a small brain to play football.

shoot me if i get this wrong but hearing the coaches HAMMOND will certainly NOT play. Look at Saturday we had Hammond on the bench, they had Earnshaw.

I find it slightly hypocritical that Levi Porter can still be considered while so many are getting abused and cast off when he is just as culpable.

He is f'ckn dog wank and has been highlighted got a shite attitude so why persist with him?

Archived