Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Kelly vs Worthington

Listening online it sounded like Worthington reacted to being 2-0 down earlier than RK ever did and made substitutions in an attempt to change things. I never had any confidence in RK doing that until it was just too late.

Worthington's given a youngster a chance and it sounded like he played very well.

Maybe give some other youngsters a go...cue Thracian :thumbup:

Mattock's clearly not a left winger. To be fair though, it seemed that Worthington had little choice to play him there though :dunno:. He had a fairly good game I think, made a couple of stupid mistakes but overall for his first start gave a good account for himself. :thumbup:

to be fair worthington seems to have drillied it into the players to get it down and play footbal something most of us have been crying for! also his decision to bring in mattock really paid off now its time for king me thinks

Mattock at left back with Porter on left wing could be quite effective.

The quicker the better. :thumbup:

As for the general question comparing Worthington to Kelly on tonight's showing - apart from team selection where they are both eccentric and mistaken - is like comparing a Roller to a three-wheeler.

The main thing is tempo. We are trying to do things much faster and our drive from midfield had an urgency today which I'd despaired of seeing. It's a major plus.

People were making a real effort to get in the box.

There's still much work to be done on free-kicks and running off the ball. also on the importance of hitting simple passes quickly and in getting the ball out from our goalkeeper quicker.

Trouble is too many of our players seem incapable of passing properly.

Archived