Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dobos

New Kit Plans

I know this maybe a little early but does anyone have any idea what the new kit may look like?

Plus, thank fvck we got the 3 points at Preston!

I've just registered and i'm looking forward to a new championship (with the help of milan) providing it doesn't get any worse :frusty:

Great forum anyway, nice to see a few fans of such a passionate club.

COME ON LEICESTER!!!

Dobos

It has been mentioned a couple of times. Mandaric has said that he is looking at a German company to manufacture next seasons kits and seeing that his former clubs shirts are made by German firm Jako, it seems very likely they will do ours next season. I think he also said the 2 year cycle will be back and there was a rumour a while ago that the away kit will be black. Your now fully up to date on all things kit related :yawn:

I know this maybe a little early but does anyone have any idea what the new kit may look like?

I've just registered and i'm looking forward to a new championship (with the help of milan) providing it doesn't get any worse :frusty:

COME ON LEICESTER!!!

Dobos

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Another 21/22 year old for the forums - that'll please some folks indeed. ;)

As for the kit... we assume it'll be blue.;)

Since we still have a 'current' kit (for another couple of weeks anyway) provided by JJB, it's unlikely we'll get any hard fact and detail regarding the new kit by the new manufacturer. So anything you hear is almost certainly rumour. As e2v above has posted, Mandaric hinted at the German origins of the firm he wanted to deal with - a hint of Jako. In fact, he recently said on the radio that Jako was the firm in question - although until I read an official announcement, I'm not ready to take that as fact just yet.

Mandaric has indeed also said that the one-year kit cycle will be changed. Once again, however, I'm personally ignoring this statement until I see a proper announcement regarding the kit situation - after all, Portsmouth have one-year kits, despite Mandaric saying he doesn't like the idea.

Best bet is to wait until the end of the season, then this kinda thing can be announced properly - upon the termination/completion of the JJB contract most likely. Although to be honest, I think most people are more interested in the managerial and playing staff situation than the kit at this point in time. ;)

:welcome: Dobos

The Times

Murdoch Towers

London

Dear Editor,

Today I sighted my first band-wagon jumper of the summer - is this a record?

Yours,

Dave of the Dagenham esq. (Mrs)

:P

COME ON LEICESTER!!!

Dobos

this forum is awesome, it's an e-hormonal spectrum of gloom and doom but then...sudennly joy, terrific.

Anyway onto the topic, we have had some really shit kits of late (Lee Marshall with his collar up brings back bad memories personally), and although they don't flatter the beer belly figure, ripped 34 waisters with the V shaped upper body and rotund guns, like myself, would like to see a nice fitted shirt like the spurs one, thanks milan.

Our kits have always been a bit drab and boring IMO. How about a kit like Werder Bremen's? That looks great, but obviously change the colours to suit us.

Yeah WB's kit looks nice but it would be too similar to blackburns if it was blue and white.

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Another 21/22 year old for the forums - that'll please some folks indeed. ;)

As for the kit... we assume it'll be blue.;)

Since we still have a 'current' kit (for another couple of weeks anyway) provided by JJB, it's unlikely we'll get any hard fact and detail regarding the new kit by the new manufacturer. So anything you hear is almost certainly rumour. As e2v above has posted, Mandaric hinted at the German origins of the firm he wanted to deal with - a hint of Jako. In fact, he recently said on the radio that Jako was the firm in question - although until I read an official announcement, I'm not ready to take that as fact just yet.

Mandaric has indeed also said that the one-year kit cycle will be changed. Once again, however, I'm personally ignoring this statement until I see a proper announcement regarding the kit situation - after all, Portsmouth have one-year kits, despite Mandaric saying he doesn't like the idea.

Best bet is to wait until the end of the season, then this kinda thing can be announced properly - upon the termination/completion of the JJB contract most likely. Although to be honest, I think most people are more interested in the managerial and playing staff situation than the kit at this point in time. ;)

Whats wrong with 21/22 year olds?! bit sarky ain it :whistle:

Something that's not very 'big' like Nike or Adidas but something small and capable of something nice looking.

Kappa and Puma both fit the description, allthough the International kits by Puma are horrible. I doubt we'd get either though, the JJB has to go though, tacky IMO, the badge didn't seem right this year and that's a must to get right.

ultimately who makes the decision on this? Can us fans have any say on it or are we merely speculating our preferences for a bit of a chit chat? Nevertheless we must look a more prosperous outfit with Milan and the promotion campaign on so don't see why we couldn't get a decent kit for once, we deserve it just for the Taylor shirt alone (that was the one with the stupid massive collar)

Whats wrong with 21/22 year olds?! bit sarky ain it :whistle:

On the contrary - you've seeked out sarcasm that wasn't there. :P

Firstly... I am 21/22... lol

Secondly, it was just a bit of social commentary. A fair few people note that the average age of forum members has taken a dive in recent weeks... below the 21/22 age range I mention. Hence, some people might be pleased that some new blood is 'of age' as it were. :ph34r:

It has been mentioned a couple of times. Mandaric has said that he is looking at a German company to manufacture next seasons kits and seeing that his former clubs shirts are made by German firm Jako, it seems very likely they will do ours next season. I think he also said the 2 year cycle will be back and there was a rumour a while ago that the away kit will be black. Your now fully up to date on all things kit related :yawn:

I said that :) And it's true not a rumour :thumbup:

COME ON LEICESTER!!!

Dobos

Welcome :thumbup:

Archived