Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Non footballing matters

Ok, Milan Mandaric is a shrewd cookie as we know,... well just looking at other clubs and how they are increasing vertical revenue streams, how do you think its best to expand LCFC fan base and other non football activities.

pride plaza is a very good idea... could we accomodate something like this?

http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1017099,00.html

http://www.pompeyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/N...1016037,00.html

We have a good catchment area from north leics, to northants and rutland, surely we could could increase revenues in other areas.... thought please.

Urban redevelopment is what it's all about nowdays.........

Ok, Milan Mandaric is a shrewd cookie as we know,... well just looking at other clubs and how they are increasing vertical revenue streams, how do you think its best to expand LCFC fan base and other non football activities.

pride plaza is a very good idea... could we accomodate something like this?

http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1017099,00.html

http://www.pompeyfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/N...1016037,00.html

We have a good catchment area from north leics, to northants and rutland, surely we could could increase revenues in other areas.... thought please.

Urban redevelopment is what it's all about nowdays.........

If Milan wants to get into that sort of thing then good luck to him, there's plenty of scope with the old electricity board area but I'm sure with his world-wide interests/contacts he can find better, more interesting and lucrative alternatives. As for me, after 3 years of purgatory all I'm interested in is the improvements and developments on the football field.

If Milan wants to get into that sort of thing then good luck to him, there's plenty of scope with the old electricity board area but I'm sure with his world-wide interests/contacts he can find better, more interesting and lucrative alternatives. As for me, after 3 years of purgatory all I'm interested in is the improvements and developments on the football field.

I think that he will try and expand whereever possible, the old electricity board area does lend itself for this kind of expansion... mind you it still be up for groundsharing and facility sharing where you could really expand the ground and make the stadia more viable for inward investment.

Looking at the pictures of the Pompey stadium... how the hell are people supposed to get in/out of the ground? Look at the bottom picture... seems like 3 sides are surrounded by water?

Anyway I'd rather Milan bought the stadium back first before he starts adding bits to it ;) Playing side is more important for now. Get to the Prem, then we can work on the commercial side more.

Looking at the pictures of the Pompey stadium... how the hell are people supposed to get in/out of the ground? Look at the bottom picture... seems like 3 sides are surrounded by water?

Anyway I'd rather Milan bought the stadium back first before he starts adding bits to it ;) Playing side is more important for now. Get to the Prem, then we can work on the commercial side more.

pompeys spending 600 million all told ...not in that league are we..... either footballing or otherwise...

what are proper gigs then phube?

You know... the one's where a 'band' turns up, with support, and plays music for a few hours. Whilst, and this is the important bit, approx. 14,000 people enjoy themselves...

Them kind of 'proper gigs'!!! :unsure:

There’s a couple of things we could and probably should look to do, though its all in the medium to long term really, the big priority is to improve the playing side so that there is some sense in redeveloping the area around the ground as the club will by then be a sufficient “drawâ€.

When the ground was built it was suppose to include a park and ride scheme and additional parking this never happened, I assume as a result of administration (?), but its something which needs looking at. Parking very close to the ground or in a multi-level would be unworkable on a match day, so a site needs to be found for a large, safe and easily reached car park… my suggestion would be for the land that is still undeveloped on the far bank of the sore to be considered, but failing that a proper park and ride scheme would seem best.

It’d also be good to see things like a club shop in the city centre, and a general redevelopment o the land to the north and east of the ground, and while some of this is currently in use this need not be a problem…

But ultimately this is all in the long term… and not something that we should be giving to much consideration to right now, when we have more immediate concerns on the pitch.

pompeys spending 600 million all told ...not in that league are we..... either footballing or otherwise...

I doubt Pompey's investment is more than 5% the rest will be made up of property speculators / investors as only a small proportion of any returns will come from the football side of it.

I doubt Pompey's investment is more than 5% the rest will be made up of property speculators / investors as only a small proportion of any returns will come from the football side of it.

Well thats about the same as city then, but if is was MM i would be looking to redouble my efforts to make the whole area around the stadium nicer... redoubling i say!

There’s a couple of things we could and probably should look to do, though its all in the medium to long term really, the big priority is to improve the playing side so that there is some sense in redeveloping the area around the ground as the club will by then be a sufficient “drawâ€.

When the ground was built it was suppose to include a park and ride scheme and additional parking this never happened, I assume as a result of administration (?), but its something which needs looking at. Parking very close to the ground or in a multi-level would be unworkable on a match day, so a site needs to be found for a large, safe and easily reached car park… my suggestion would be for the land that is still undeveloped on the far bank of the sore to be considered, but failing that a proper park and ride scheme would seem best.

It’d also be good to see things like a club shop in the city centre, and a general redevelopment o the land to the north and east of the ground, and while some of this is currently in use this need not be a problem…

But ultimately this is all in the long term… and not something that we should be giving to much consideration to right now, when we have more immediate concerns on the pitch.

There was one on Churchgate, it closed presumably as it was not wothwhile running financially! You can by Cuty Merchandise in Domino's Toys though!

You can by Cuty Merchandise in Domino's Toys though!

Still be good to have a decent club shop in town though, maybe a broader stock than just city stuff... but the tigers manage it, so i dont see why we cant, though perhaps its somthing for the future.

I work away from home a lot and I have never came across a leicester fan that had not either lived in or have a family link with leicester. But there were plenty of fans of other clubs with no links to those clubs, and yet they follow those teams, buy their shirts etc. When questioned why they support those clubs, it generally because as a kid they like the club name.

I also noticed that people that do not support their local club always support clubs that do not include the word 'city' or 'town' in their name. This is because a team with 'city' in its name is immediatly associated with that city and kids dont want to appear disloyal to the area they live in. I.e. A kid from Newcastle city is un-lickly to follow a team that is from another city.

So any football club with the word 'city' does not appeal to them, unless of course they come from that city. So teams like leicester end up with a fan base that a predominantly from Leicester city and therefore our name restricts our fan base.

A few years ago the club was going to change the club name to the Leicester Fosse FC, that was until the Foxes Trust persuaded the club that they should get the fans to vote on it, and the fans voted to keep city in its name .

At the time leicester had employeed a new marketing expert to improve the fan base and I am sure that is why the club wanted to replace the word 'city' with 'fosse' and if the club had explained the reason for wanting to change the club name, I think the fans may have agreed and voted accordingley.

So I believe that the best way to increase our fan base would be changing the club name from Leicester City FC to leicester Fosse FC.

I work away from home a lot and I have never came across a leicester fan that had not either lived in or have a family link with leicester. But there were plenty of fans of other clubs with no links to those clubs, and yet they follow those teams, buy their shirts etc. When questioned why they support those clubs, it generally because as a kid they like the club name.

I also noticed that people that do not support their local club always support clubs that do not include the word 'city' or 'town' in their name. This is because a team with 'city' in its name is immediatly associated with that city and kids dont want to appear disloyal to the area they live in. I.e. A kid from Newcastle city is un-lickly to follow a team that is from another city.

So any football club with the word 'city' does not appeal to them, unless of course they come from that city. So teams like leicester end up with a fan base that a predominantly from Leicester city and therefore our name restricts our fan base.

A few years ago the club was going to change the club name to the Leicester Fosse FC, that was until the Foxes Trust persuaded the club that they should get the fans to vote on it, and the fans voted to keep city in its name .

At the time leicester had employeed a new marketing expert to improve the fan base and I am sure that is why the club wanted to replace the word 'city' with 'fosse' and if the club had explained the reason for wanting to change the club name, I think the fans may have agreed and voted accordingley.

So I believe that the best way to increase our fan base would be changing the club name from Leicester City FC to leicester Fosse FC.

Surely the 'Leicester' part of the name is the biggest turn off if you're not from Leicester. Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and maybe Spurs are the only teams who are likely attract distant supporters or those close to the catchment area, them aside I think you'll find most kids support their home teams or who their dad supports, city or no city, prem or no prem

Surely the 'Leicester' part of the name is the biggest turn off if you're not from Leicester. Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and maybe Spurs are the only teams who are likely attract distant supporters or those close to the catchment area, them aside I think you'll find most kids support their home teams or who their dad supports, city or no city, prem or no prem

have to add Newcastle to that list, also West Ham it seems

to be honest there is a lot of regeneration in leicester at the moment. it will be interesting to see what the city looks like and the type of business it attracts then. cities like sheffield leeds scum etc have been regenerated in recent years and are almost unrecognizable

You know... the one's where a 'band' turns up, with support, and plays music for a few hours. Whilst, and this is the important bit, approx. 14,000 people enjoy themselves...

Them kind of 'proper gigs'!!! :unsure:

before my dad died, while the club were still planning the new stadium, he was part of a fans forum that went to filbert st once a month to discuss/advise on certain matters pertaining to fans. apparently some one asked about holding concerts at the ground and they were told by an official at the club that they'd done a feasibility study into this and decided that it wouldn't pay.

i also heard that when derby hosted the red hot chilli peppers last year that they only just broke even.

Archived