Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Fans worth weight in gold - Worthy

not sure if this has been posted b4 but any way

Nigel Worthington has lavished praise on Leicester fans for their support against Barnsley, insisting they are "worth their weight in gold".

Caretaker boss Worthington said: "The fans have endured a long and frustrating time this season and they are worth their weight in gold.

"Their support has been tremendous since I arrived and I can't thank them enough for that.

"They really do make a difference when they get behind the team like they do and they deserve some success to celebrate. And I don't think that will be too far away."

he seems to be saying the right thing

who knows a convincing win against wolves an maybe he get the full time job

not sure if this has been posted b4 but any way

Nigel Worthington has lavished praise on Leicester fans for their support against Barnsley, insisting they are "worth their weight in gold".

Caretaker boss Worthington said: "The fans have endured a long and frustrating time this season and they are worth their weight in gold.

"Their support has been tremendous since I arrived and I can't thank them enough for that.

"They really do make a difference when they get behind the team like they do and they deserve some success to celebrate. And I don't think that will be too far away."

he seems to be saying the right thing

who knows a convincing win against wolves an maybe he get the full time job

Call me cynical but are you surprised?

Having the fans sing Worthy, Worthy give us a wave must have been like ten lottery wins for him.

Hahahaha - I'm worth more than any of you bastards! I knew all that beer drinking would come in handy one day.

lol

oh they wernt were they? :frusty:

Best of all, Milan Mandaric heard all the commotion and is ready to offer Worthy the gig full-time... just to piss you off. ;)

lol

Best of all, Milan Mandaric heard all the commotion and is ready to offer Worthy the gig full-time... just to piss you off. ;)

Don't you thing though in some sort of sense that it does play a big part in a chairman appointing a stand in manager to the full time gig ? Weather Milan is swayed by this i don't know, but many other chairman would and have been.

Don't you thing though in some sort of sense that it does play a big part in a chairman appointing a stand in manager to the full time gig ? Weather Milan is swayed by this i don't know, but many other chairman would and have been.

I try not to think where possible... it puts me off my dinner. :ph34r:

Mandaric is supposedly the chairman that listens - to paraphrase steve_lcfc9 - so perhaps he was listening to how popular Wortho was from the stands.

Wouldn't that be just great? Some fans want to barrage the club, in the hope that the Chairman That Listens ® doesn't appoint Worthington... meanwhile, he's at the game listening to Wortho's adoring fans in full voice. :laugh:

You couldn't script it better. :worship:

Call me cynical but are you surprised?

Having the fans sing Worthy, Worthy give us a wave must have been like ten lottery wins for him.

Spot on. When Wortho came i wasnt sure about him atal. He wouldnt be my first choice but if he got the job i wouldnt be overly disapointed. He seems to no the job in hand.

at Barnsley when everyone was singing milan give us a wave could anyone even see him ?

Yeah he was in with the prawn sandwich brigade, about thirty feet behind the dug out no doubt listening to the Wortho chants and thinking - well the fans seem to love him, thats half the battle!!!!!

So if we do get him and he is crap you know who to blame!

Yeah he was in with the prawn sandwich brigade, about thirty feet behind the dug out no doubt listening to the Wortho chants and thinking - well the fans seem to love him, thats half the battle!!!!!

So if we do get him and he is crap you know who to blame!

Milan Mandaric for making the appointment? :dunno:

Mandaric is supposedly a hard-nosed businessman... if he's swayed by a few fans chanting a manager's name, then it's his character flaw that resulted in the mistake (should such an appointment prove to be a mistake, that is).

On the other hand, if he wasn't swayed and he makes the appointment he wanted all along, then it's still his fault for appointing the manager to begin with.

He's in control, any appointment he makes which turns out to be a mistake is his fault one way or another. :thumbup:

at Barnsley when everyone was singing milan give us a wave could anyone even see him ?

Yes!

You know where all of those empty seats were? He was just above that and to the right (front row) he waved once!

Archived