Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
josh_baskin

If Worthington dosnt get appointed?

Paul Ince and Sir Les, is more of a gamble then Wortho et al, but Wortho's limits are more well known and Ince's could be alot better!!!

Even if Wortho gets the job we are still short of several coaches (keeping, forwards etc).

Not convinced by the Paul Ince story or indeed Paul Ince himself, Macc Town are back in the drop zone and he could be manager of a conference club after the weekend...

My money is on Worthy....possibly Lennon coming on board at some point too...

Results seem to have changed since the managerial speculation began - but it was always going to be tough keeping them up.

Wortho has obviously reinvigorated the team, but I'd like to know how much of the current upturn is down to the fans. When they return to their normal happy clappy sitting down mode on a cold Tuesday in October will NW get the same response from the team.

He doesn't come across as an aspiring person, he's very clichéd with his comments, has a dour demeanour; granted he seems organised, determined, a disciplinarian, normal I guess which has probably brought about the current improvements, but I just have my doubts.

lord help me how short sighted are you all? I get a gut turning feeling of de ja voux here. IF he gets the job, in 12 months time we will occupy a mid table spot within the bottom half of the second tier of english football and all you wortho lovers will be crying like babies.

Not convinced by the Paul Ince story or indeed Paul Ince himself, Macc Town are back in the drop zone and he could be manager of a conference club after the weekend...

My money is on Worthy....possibly Lennon coming on board at some point too...

sunshine you have a better chance of winning the lotto than the combination of Wortho and Lennon being manager/coach.

hear hear ! see how worthy does at wolves & i trust mandaric to decide if he,s got what it takes & the idea of lennon being added as his assistant at some point excites me :worship: altho i,d still take harry redknapp at the drop of a hat :thumbup:

ok Gibbo, justify yourself, answer this 1 for me. Whats wortho's stratergy for next season? what will lennon bring to the table? and what makes you think lennon will be a coach working under wortho?

lord help me how short sighted are you all? I get a gut turning feeling of de ja voux here. IF he gets the job, in 12 months time we will occupy a mid table spot within the bottom half of the second tier of english football and all you wortho lovers will be crying like babies.

This is the eternal problem, young or old, new or experienced, British or foreign, dour or animated, short or tall, fat or thin, blonde or ginger, male or female selecting a manager is all down to a gut feeling. This time it will be MMs gut and that hasn't got it right very often.

What exactly is pointless about woundering what action mandric will be taking in rewarding Wortho for diverting the club from league one?

the action MM will take is a pat on the back and a manly hand shake. "You have done the job you were bought here for. Well done and best of luck in the future."

logical, no?

This is the eternal problem, young or old, new or experienced, British or foreign, dour or animated, short or tall, fat or thin, blonde or ginger, male or female selecting a manager is all down to a gut feeling. This time it will be MMs gut and that hasn't got it right very often.

with eternal problem i guess you mean a problem under the tim davies/post MON era? we did ok since david pleat left. Brian little did very well, within a limited capacity mark mcghee did ok,

Id hope a man that is supposed to understand football (MM)has had time to understand leicester city and will make the right decision.

as ive said in the past between 2000 and 2007 we have had 8 managers. We now need a manager for between 3-5 years and based on NW's history he goes stale after the first...this means he falls on the first hurdle......unless we want mid table championship footy for the next 3 seasons..........

bearing in mind teams will get £60M for being in the premier will ensure there will be a league within a league in the champ too. there will be a group of about 6-8 teams that will regularly get promoted and relegated collecting £60m a pop. then there will be another 16-18 teams fighting for perhaps 1 playoff spot. we must be in the 6-8 team league or we will be forever champoinship.

Paul Ince is definately being appointed, heard it from an ex-England player last night with about 150 witnesses as well!!! Waiting til after last game of season, then announcement will be made.

I have tried to find out about PI, he has his own ethos and is a man that would build from scratch. thats about all i found out i would be unesy to have him in knowing so little. 1 good thing is Gordon Strachen, Mark Hughes, Steve Maclren, Steve Bruce, Roy Keane, are some of the young managers that were involved under alex fergie and have all graduated with flying colours into managment, can Paul Ince follow this streak?

with eternal problem i guess you mean a problem under the tim davies/post MON era? we did ok since david pleat left. Brian little did very well, within a limited capacity mark mcghee did ok,

Id hope a man that is supposed to understand football (MM)has had time to understand leicester city and will make the right decision.

as ive said in the past between 2000 and 2007 we have had 8 managers. We now need a manager for between 3-5 years and based on NW's history he goes stale after the first...this means he falls on the first hurdle......unless we want mid table championship footy for the next 3 seasons..........

bearing in mind teams will get £60M for being in the premier will ensure there will be a league within a league in the champ too. there will be a group of about 6-8 teams that will regularly get promoted and relegated collecting £60m a pop. then there will be another 16-18 teams fighting for perhaps 1 playoff spot. we must be in the 6-8 team league or we will be forever champoinship.

No, I mean in football generally. As for MM understanding LCFC, well he took plenty of time to get it right at Portsmouth, there is no evidence to suggest that he has cracked this 'eternal problem' and I shan't be celebrating any appointment until at least 18 months down the line if whoever gets appointed lasts that long.

I have tried to find out about PI, he has his own ethos and is a man that would build from scratch. thats about all i found out i would be unesy to have him in knowing so little. 1 good thing is Gordon Strachen, Mark Hughes, Steve Maclren, Steve Bruce, Roy Keane, are some of the young managers that were involved under alex fergie and have all graduated with flying colours into managment, can Paul Ince follow this streak?

I don't see many flying colours in there.

Strachan took Cov down, success at Celtic doesn't impress me.

Bruce has done marginally more than Worthington but with loads more money.

McLaren, achieved one League Cup over 5 years (?) and blew millions of £££££

Roy Keene, admittedly has achieved massive success, but one season in the Championship proves very little; many have gone before and ultimately failed.

Hughes is doing a good job with limited resource at Blackburn

Paul Ince is definately being appointed, heard it from an ex-England player last night with about 150 witnesses as well!!! Waiting til after last game of season, then announcement will be made.

Ex-Englannd player?

not even tthe Birch knows who is going to be manager! but he knows it isn't going to be Ince!

ex-England player?

Well if it's Lineker or even Heskey that just might carry some weight but when has being and Ex England player become the fountain of all that is truthful and certain about anything, never mind about LCFC's next manager.

ok Gibbo, justify yourself, answer this 1 for me. Whats wortho's stratergy for next season? what will lennon bring to the table? and what makes you think lennon will be a coach working under wortho?

look kidda i aint trying 2 predict the future but who the **** are we to say worthington aint good enough to manage our team & lennon wouldn't learn his trade beside him (not necessarely under) if worthy gets the results then he has to be in contention & having a manager already firmly in place b4 the summer transfer season starts also has advantages! altho i did state if we had the option of a big name like harry redknapp i would take him at the drop of a hat! comprende :thumbup:

I don't see many flying colours in there.

Strachan took Cov down, success at Celtic doesn't impress me. he has won leagues, that aint bad going at all

Bruce has done marginally more than Worthington but with loads more money. he has taken teams up, kept the team up and was doing ok till the relegation season, again not bad going bearing in mind he has many management years ahead -worth has only taken a team up once

McLaren, achieved one League Cup over 5 years (?) and blew millions of £££££ im not starting a new debate here, for whatever reason he is the manager of england, not bad going

Roy Keene, admittedly has achieved massive success, but one season in the Championship proves very little; many have gone before and ultimately failed. name me another manager that has taken a team from bottom to nearly champions in less than a season, again not bad going

Hughes is doing a good job with limited resource at Blackburn we both agree, dont forget what he did with wales

lol who are you comparing them to?

for a bunch of players from one team that is not bad going at all, do you see this level of success from Liverpool, Gunners, Chelsea, Leeds, Spurs, Bolton, Everton etc? i think not. If ince is even a shadow of the managers mentioned above i would have him over wortho.....and thats my point...im not comparing them to louis phillipe scolari etc but run onf the milll british managers in the upper leagues of british football.

look kidda i aint trying 2 predict the future but who the **** are we to say worthington aint good enough to manage our team & lennon wouldn't learn his trade beside him (not necessarely under) if worthy gets the results then he has to be in contention & having a manager already firmly in place b4 the summer transfer season starts also has advantages! altho i did state if we had the option of a big name like harry redknapp i would take him at the drop of a hat! comprende :thumbup:

comprende.

We have a lot of stats on wortho and that seens to point to him doing ok at the begining then going stale, is this what we want? one promotion in 400 odd matches?

Why would lennon go into coaching when he thinks he has another season of playing under his belt? and if he did why not just earn the coaching badges at celtic? seems more logical to me.

Im looking for a justification from the pro wortho camp as to why he should be given the job as i cant find one, and as you seem to be pro wortho i was hoping you would be able to supply the justification.

im sure MM will have a manager in place within 1 to 3 weeks of the close season, he has a short list and seems to have interviewed all. he looks to have done his homework and understands a lot of building needs to be done over the summer, he will give the new full time manager the full off season to rebuild.

comprende.

We have a lot of stats on wortho and that seens to point to him doing ok at the begining then going stale, is this what we want? one promotion in 400 odd matches?

Why would lennon go into coaching when he thinks he has another season of playing under his belt? and if he did why not just earn the coaching badges at celtic? seems more logical to me.

Im looking for a justification from the pro wortho camp as to why he should be given the job as i cant find one, and as you seem to be pro wortho i was hoping you would be able to supply the justification.

i aint pro worthy im just trying to stick up for him he,s done a good job so far all that can be asked of him & im certainly not suggesting he be offered a 5 or even 2 year contract 4 that matter but i think there could definately be worse managers to lay down the structure 4 our future success every manager since o'neill for starters :thumbup:

lol who are you comparing them to?

for a bunch of players from one team that is not bad going at all, do you see this level of success from Liverpool, Gunners, Chelsea, Leeds, Spurs, Bolton, Everton etc? i think not. If ince is even a shadow of the managers mentioned above i would have him over wortho.....and thats my point...im not comparing them to louis phillipe scolari etc but run onf the milll british managers in the upper leagues of british football.

I'm not comparing them to anyone as such I didn't think 'flying colours' was appropriate - you obviously did. No problem to me but if you post something people will either agree or disagree otherwise what's the point in posting?

As for Ince being a shadow of the others, well I don't see how you can judge him on that basis as I've said it's as much to do with gut feeling as any other attribute. I'm sure Keene wasn't selected because of the ex-fergie connection, as he had no pedigree in management, quite the opposite in fact it would have been down to personal relationships and gut feel.

I'm just making conversation, I have no preferences for anyone that has been suggested, I don't even have a pecking order as I've never met any of them and to me that's the most important aspect of picking someone.

i aint pro worthy im just trying to stick up for him he,s done a good job so far all that can be asked of him & im certainly not suggesting he be offered a 5 or even 2 year contract 4 that matter but i think there could definately be worse managers to lay down the structure 4 our future success every manager since o'neill for starters :thumbup:

:cheers:

doing a good job for 5 games tells me the new manager syndrome worked a treat. if he is not offered even a 2 year contract there are only limited foundations that can be layed - even tho foundations are required.

I used to thing we had foundations when MON left then PT came in and managed to destroy the foundations, since then i have lost faith in one manager building on foundations already laid. id rather a manager come in and build his own foundations and build upon them as he knows the structure.

If we give a manager a 1 or even 2 year contract the will be 9 managers in 9 years, that is not the way forward. the key criteria has to be long term we cannot afford to be short sighted with the prospect of a league within a league (the £60m point i made earlier) being formed within the next 3-5 years. would you want LCFC to be a team fighting for mid table status every season?

:cheers:

doing a good job for 5 games tells me the new manager syndrome worked a treat. if he is not offered even a 2 year contract there are only limited foundations that can be layed - even tho foundations are required.

I used to thing we had foundations when MON left then PT came in and managed to destroy the foundations, since then i have lost faith in one manager building on foundations already laid. id rather a manager come in and build his own foundations and build upon them as he knows the structure.

If we give a manager a 1 or even 2 year contract the will be 9 managers in 9 years, that is not the way forward. the key criteria has to be long term we cannot afford to be short sighted with the prospect of a league within a league (the £60m point i made earlier) being formed within the next 3-5 years. would you want LCFC to be a team fighting for mid table status every season?

well chances are worthy won't get the job i just hope its all resolved inside this month i agree that we could do with a manager who would not only be able to lay new foundations but then have the ability to see us through to the top with it :thumbup:

Post scriptum: mid table status my *rse imagine being the villa of the championship :D ha ha that don't bear thinking about we will be back to the promised land in the next few years

I'm not comparing them to anyone as such I didn't think 'flying colours' was appropriate - you obviously did. No problem to me but if you post something people will either agree or disagree otherwise what's the point in posting? agreed, if we agree with all that is posted we are not debating, and if strong words are used one is provoking a healthy debate, im sure we both agree, the point of a debate is to learn and possibly change judgement, im sure we both agree

As for Ince being a shadow of the others, well I don't see how you can judge him on that basis as I've said it's as much to do with gut feeling as any other attribute. I'm sure Keene wasn't selected because of the ex-fergie connection, as he had no pedigree in management, quite the opposite in fact it would have been down to personal relationships and gut feel. Im sure he was selected for his winner attitude, drive, desire, getting the best out of others, all things roy keane (sounds a bit like fergie eh?) Roy Keane is who he is partly down to working under fergie so there is a slight ex-fergie connection there

I'm just making conversation, I have no preferences for anyone that has been suggested, I don't even have a pecking order as I've never met any of them and to me that's the most important aspect of picking someone. ....and the reason for this conversation is our love for LCFC and the importance of getting the decision right at this critical time in our future.

PS Davie, this is one of the more enjoyable debate ive had on FT for a while :thumbup:

Archived