Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
josh_baskin

If Worthington dosnt get appointed?

Do you think Milan may keep him on in some form of a coaching role or director of football?

Or would Worthington only settle for being gaffer at this stage now?

I personaly think he'll be a dead cert for the job. :unsure:

Worthington is a manager, nothing less.

what a pointless post. :rolleyes:

What exactly is pointless about woundering what action mandric will be taking in rewarding Wortho for diverting the club from league one?

What exactly is pointless about woundering what action mandric will be taking in rewarding Wortho for diverting the club from league one?

Asking whether he'll stay on as a coach or director of football.

It smacked of last minute desperation and the fact no one else would come, when he came. If he'd have won every game, maybe he'd stay, but he doesn't strike me as someone Mandaric wants long term. :dunno:

Who knows. Wait and see.

It smacked of last minute desperation and the fact no one else would come, when he came. If he'd have won every game, maybe he'd stay, but he doesn't strike me as someone Mandaric wants long term. :dunno:

Who knows. Wait and see.

Define that. You need someone with experience or vision to program gradual improvements. Right? But MM wants fairly instant success. So the dilemma is there and while NW does not appear as a good consistent manager over a long term period, he looks an excellent bet over the course of next season. Thing is the identify the others and not be afraid to make a bold appointment.

He's got another home game yet. If I were him I might have used the media slots to plug some of my general ideas and principles this week but, whatever, we'll have another chance to assess his capabilities come Sunday.

It's a home game against half decent opposition who have something to play for so the challenge is real and we can see the sort of side he puts out and whether he can make it function.

And if Tiatto plays NW will be a few brownie points down to start with cos I rarely see any excuse for playing less than match fit footballers and, especially, ones who have no future here anyway. Plus it is highly debateable whether he even deserves his place on merit unless there are injuries I'm not aware of.

If Mattock is out and Nils has to move to centre-back cos of Kisnorbo's injured nose, Sheehan is the obvious left-back alternative.

There is no way Tiatto should replace Weso or Hughes in midfield nor play left-wing instead of Porter. A place on the bench for the Aussie would be generous and probably offer him chance to wave a playing goodbye.

He's got another home game yet. If I were him I might have used the media slots to plug some of my general ideas and principles this week but, whatever, we'll have another chance to assess his capabilities come Sunday.

It's a home game against half decent opposition who have something to play for so the challenge is real and we can see the sort of side he puts out and whether he can make it function.

Agreed, sunday will be a test, I for one will reserve judgement on wortho until then!!!

Rob got the job on the back of some decent performances towards the end of last season, we have to be careful not to do the same again with Worthington, he`s been there, seen that in this division though and alway`s got Norwich there or thereabouts, I think he would be a safe pair of hands for our beloved club and would fancy us to be knocking on the door of the top 6 under his stewardship !

I raised the old eyebrows when wortho came in and actually was a little dissapointed, especially because Chris Coleman was available at about the same time. Anyway, I have been very impressed with what Wortho has done and its not just the increased energy on the pitch but the little things he has done like recalling Logan and Weso, telling AJ to eff off, recalled Cada and used him, introduced Mattock to the first team and generally made us look like more of a unit. There is loads more that the bloke has done in a few weeks the eye that he seemingly has for judging players talents seems very good, as was his decision to tell Yeates to fudge off back too lol

I think he will be our new manager and I for one would not object to him getting a year in the job. Lets face it, if he or whoever comes in doesnt make giant strides with this club then they`ll be booted our quicker than you can say Milan Mandaric!

Rob got the job on the back of some decent performances towards the end of last season, we have to be careful not to do the same again with Worthington, he`s been there, seen that in this division though and alway`s got Norwich there or thereabouts, I think he would be a safe pair of hands for our beloved club and would fancy us to be knocking on the door of the top 6 under his stewardship !

Although the circumstances have similarities Worthington is much more a known quantity than ever Kelly was as a manager.

And like others I think what decisions Worthington's made seem to have been positive and to have had the desired effect.

The team no longer looks Heath Robinson but organised, balanced and alive again.

Question is can he elevate us above the ordinary and give us both the style and solidity to win things cos I really don't want a more successful Kelly type.

The biggest thing to me is that Worthington's had Championship success with Norwich so there is evidence to say he can lift us.

Having faith in others, like Ince, Coleman etc is fine but I accept there is no firm evidence they would do the job.

So unless MM has an exceptional dark horse waiting in some stable Worthington to me has put himself in pole position.

But it would help him no end if Sunday was a bit special. .

Although the circumstances have similarities Worthington is much more a known quantity than ever Kelly was as a manager.

And like others I think what decisions Worthington's made seem to have been positive and to have had the desired effect.

The team no longer looks Heath Robinson but organised, balanced and alive again.

Question is can he elevate us above the ordinary and give us both the style and solidity to win things cos I really don't want a more successful Kelly type.

The biggest thing to me is that Worthington's had Championship success with Norwich so there is evidence to say he can lift us.

Having faith in others, like Ince, Coleman etc is fine but I accept there is no firm evidence they would do the job.

So unless MM has an exceptional dark horse waiting in some stable Worthington to me has put himself in pole position.

But it would help him no end if Sunday was a bit special. .

Worthington may be a manager in demand at this level so I hope that any decision is made quite quickly so we can start building the squad for next season and hopefully we can start the summer with some direction for once.

Appointing worthington is nothing like when we appointed kelly.

1 - kelly was the cheap option.

2 - worthington I expect is on a fair whack for these 5 games.

3 - worthington has many years of experience prior to coming here.

4 - worthington has a respectable record including promotion.

Appointing worthington is nothing like when we appointed kelly.

1 - kelly was the cheap option.

2 - worthington I expect is on a fair whack for these 5 games.

3 - worthington has many years of experience prior to coming here.

4 - worthington has a respectable record including promotion.

Thank God someone else has noticed, I was going nuts thinking I was the only person who could see the obvious difference to the Kelly scenario. :ermm:

Paul Ince wants Les Ferdinand as his number two if he takes over at Leicester. (Daily Mirror)

Not convinced by the Paul Ince story or indeed Paul Ince himself, Macc Town are back in the drop zone and he could be manager of a conference club after the weekend...

My money is on Worthy....possibly Lennon coming on board at some point too...

I raised the old eyebrows when wortho came in and actually was a little dissapointed, especially because Chris Coleman was available at about the same time. Anyway, I have been very impressed with what Wortho has done and its not just the increased energy on the pitch but the little things he has done like recalling Logan and Weso, telling AJ to eff off, recalled Cada and used him, introduced Mattock to the first team and generally made us look like more of a unit. There is loads more that the bloke has done in a few weeks the eye that he seemingly has for judging players talents seems very good, as was his decision to tell Yeates to fudge off back too lol

I think he will be our new manager and I for one would not object to him getting a year in the job. Lets face it, if he or whoever comes in doesnt make giant strides with this club then they`ll be booted our quicker than you can say Milan Mandaric!

hear hear ! see how worthy does at wolves & i trust mandaric to decide if he,s got what it takes & the idea of lennon being added as his assistant at some point excites me :worship: altho i,d still take harry redknapp at the drop of a hat :thumbup:

Not convinced by the Paul Ince story or indeed Paul Ince himself, Macc Town are back in the drop zone and he could be manager of a conference club after the weekend...

My money is on Worthy....possibly Lennon coming on board at some point too...

I think the IF in the mirror story is a very big one. Wouldn't mind Les as a coach though.

I think the IF in the mirror story is a very big one. Wouldn't mind Les as a coach though.

Paul Ince and Sir Les, is more of a gamble then Wortho et al, but Wortho's limits are more well known and Ince's could be alot better!!!

Archived