Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chelve84

Matty Fryatts Form

I know he has struggled with injuries, but i think matty fryatt has lost it a bit, and i hoping with a good pre season and a few goals we may see the best of him again!

What do you think? will he be good enough to claim a starting berth next season

He’s been utterly dire this season… I’ve willed him to do well, but its just no happened and that’s disappointing, ideally it’d be good to give him a solid preseason and see how he does when fit and with a decent coaching regime behind him, but should we risk wasting another year persisting with the player?

He’s been utterly dire this season… I’ve willed him to do well, but its just no happened and that’s disappointing, ideally it’d be good to give him a solid preseason and see how he does when fit and with a decent coaching regime behind him, but should we risk wasting another year persisting with the player?

Most I'd hope for is for him to act as a shadow striker, and, assuming he can get fit, perhaps hit a few goals. But I'd have never given him so many chances this year and we so nearly paid for it.

If we manage to reach the heighst in the transfer list that some delusional folk like myself reach, we`ll have Todorov, Eastwood and Hume to choose from so Matty may well be a 4th striker or at his age it may be beneficial to sed him out on loan for a few months so he can regain his confidence and form. He is one of a few players who I can see actually doing very well elsewhere as there are a few reasons (or excuses) for him to have stutured this season so I would keep him for sure, especially because of his still tender age!

To be fair,no one has had a good season bar a couple. I think Fryatt has ability which he showed us last season all he needs is good service and to be honest he hasnt had that. With good players around him i think he can be very effective next season as he can score goals and play a major part.

If him and Hume can strike up a good partnership in pre season then hopefully they will both be confident and they will score a lot of goals... or this season will be Hume's turn to fluff and Fryatt's turn to star? :dunno:

I think he needs dropping for a bit, but I don't think we should get rid of him at all.

He just needs some better competition. Being 1st backup aged 21 is no shame.

If he could justify being first back up.

Nothing convinces me he's even over his injury yet and, if he has to rest again, there will still be the question of whether his foot stands the intensity of a return to first team demands and I have my doubts.

But even if he does and regains his best form, Fryatt is still a limited player and too easy for the opposition to neutralise.

Hume's not like that. He's busy and never stays still. Few defenders could chase him about for an afternoon so, even if he's not scoring, he still has a reason for being.

Even when he went 18 games for 1 goal people saw some value in Hume. But Fryatt is different. He's all about goals and for his style you need to be fully fit and really sharp.

We're sure to sign two strikers, Hume will have a role to play and on that basis, and with the likes of Dodds (if he returns), McKay and Odihambo waiting in the wings I can see no future here for Fryatt. It gives me no pleasure to say that and if no-one comes in for him he might just benefit from a prolonged loan spell to rebuild his confidence, sharpnes and durability.

Nothing convinces me he's even over his injury yet and, if he has to rest again, there will still be the question of whether his foot stands the intensity of a return to first team demands and I have my doubts.

But even if he does and regains his best form, Fryatt is still a limited player and too easy for the opposition to neutralise.

Hume's not like that. He's busy and never stays still. Few defenders could chase him about for an afternoon so, even if he's not scoring, he still has a reason for being.

Even when he went 18 games for 1 goal people saw some value in Hume. But Fryatt is different. He's all about goals and for his style you need to be fully fit and really sharp.

We're sure to sign two strikers, Hume will have a role to play and on that basis, and with the likes of Dodds (if he returns), McKay and Odihambo waiting in the wings I can see no future here for Fryatt. It gives me no pleasure to say that and if no-one comes in for him he might just benefit from a prolonged loan spell to rebuild his confidence, sharpnes and durability.

I was with you on your post until you had to spoil it again lol How can you rate players who have hardly featured at our club and the odd one who is OOC (I cant see Dodds being on the list of retained kids???) ahead of Fryatt.

Yes we will bring in better forwards but throwing Fryatt on the rubbish heap ahead of the likes of Doods is lunacy. He has hardly set the world alight down at Rochdale has he???!!

I was with you on your post until you had to spoil it again lol How can you rate players who have hardly featured at our club and the odd one who is OOC (I cant see Dodds being on the list of retained kids???) ahead of Fryatt.

Yes we will bring in better forwards but throwing Fryatt on the rubbish heap ahead of the likes of Doods is lunacy. He has hardly set the world alight down at Rochdale has he???!!

now now children! there is no need to have an argument, its his veiw respect it apexgeo. Dodds is a good nippy player and those who have seen him in action, like thracian has have there right to comment on them, ok yer he has exactly set league two alight but he has created quite alot of goals for rochdale, and scored a few too. i like Dodds i think he potential he even made it into the the team on Fifa 07 updates so he must be pretty useful :P im not sure about Fryatt atm i agree that injuries have blighted him this season, but im not sure he has what it needs to be a 15 plus striker. Then again have we seen his full potential whwen weve had that midfield behind him? i dont know im very much undecided. If he goes who will replace him is the question?

I think you're overly harsh on Fryatt. To be fair to him, he really hasn't had the service at all this season. If we sign someone who can get the ball to him in and around the box more regularly I reckon we'll see the best of him.

I think you're overly harsh on Fryatt. To be fair to him, he really hasn't had the service at all this season. If we sign someone who can get the ball to him in and around the box more regularly I reckon we'll see the best of him.

I wish it were that simple.

Hume got 14 goals with the same poor service.

Yes, the service does have to be addressed but the problems for Fryatt run deeper than that.

I don't like to think I'm being harsh. Just realistic and prepared to face up to an uncomfortable truth before our probably misplaced optimism leaves us short of goals again.

If it turns out you're right you can crow with my blessing cos I shall be just as pleased as you. But as a manager there's no way I'd voluntarily risk having a misfiring striker.

I think that Fryatt has suffered this year due to being played whilst not fully fit, leading some people to say that he is no good. I think that with a good pre season and training regime (which Kelly never had)

he can repeat the successes of last season. He deserves the next campaign to show us what he is capable of when fully fit, and surrounded by players who actually give a flying fook for the club. He definately, however, needs to improve on his strngth and aerial ability.

I wish it were that simple.

Hume got 14 goals with the same poor service.

Yes, the service does have to be addressed but the problems for Fryatt run deeper than that.

I don't like to think I'm being harsh. Just realistic and prepared to face up to an uncomfortable truth before our probably misplaced optimism leaves us short of goals again.

If it turns out you're right you can crow with my blessing cos I shall be just as pleased as you. But as a manager there's no way I'd voluntarily risk having a misfiring striker.

Unfortunatley theres a big difference between managing a football team and managing second hand fruit machines that have probabley fallen

off the back of a lorry, Dell Boy.

See you in three weeks :D

I'm sure he'll do 'better' next season; that's a silly comment though, as obviously he can't do worse. I think that he's been woefully unfit this season, a common trait with all our players really. Give him a full pre-season, and a new, good team around him, and we'll see what he can do. Don't forget Connolly hardly set the league on fire when he was with us, and there's no doubting how good he was, as he has shown this year with Sunderland, and at every club apart from us really - playing such disgusting football surrounded by such disgraceful players isn't going to help anybodys form.

Plus you don't come so highly rated as a youngster without having the potential. He's not like some shit Leicester kid who gets overhyped by the idiot brigade on these forums; he's actually rated by people who know about their football.. I'm sure with the right manager he'll show this quality in a blue shirt.

I was too :frusty:

I'm no fan of Fryatt but he's much better than Dodds and the other two and he has much more potential. You really are deluded if you think otherwise!

He was managed poorly last season, nothing else!

He definitely has the skill and ability it's getting him fit thats the problem.

I was too :frusty:

I'm no fan of Fryatt but he's much better than Dodds and the other two and he has much more potential. You really are deluded if you think otherwise!

He was managed poorly last season, nothing else!

He definitely has the skill and ability it's getting him fit thats the problem.

You are missing the point about Fryatt and Dodds.

A fit Fryatt might, I say might, be better but Fryatt was clearly not fit and anyone who truthfully believes Dodds would have done worse in Fryatt's shoes is disillusioned.

It's might be what people want to believe but I don't think for one minute that it's true.

Fryatt didn't just fail to score these recent months - his general contribution was almost completely inconsequential.

We'll agree to disagree on his skills but he had the same management as everyone else and players like Hume, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Porter, Wesolowski (when fit), Newton, Nils and Cadamarteri (when picked) did okay.

Metaphorically Fryatt didn't turn up for last season and I'veno idea where the evidence is that he'll turn up next season.

Cos even with a little run of games near the end - games he never merited a place in - he was still unwaveringly disappointing.

Buty there seems little doubt Dodds will leave and who can blame him? He's not got the sort of style liked by Leicester fans and he's no chance of making headway when, even as a local, he's got to win a popularity poll rather than a footballing one and cannot get near to doing that even againsty a frontline striker who's season's goal tally was four in about 23 games - at 1 in 5+ way below even Hammond's at one in just over 3.

It's easy to forget he's only 21.

The guy needs a break, he's had an unlucky season to be fair. With some better players around him who knows what he can do next year?

No other 21-year-old gets cut so much slack - Logan gets more hammer for a goodish first season that Fryatt gets for a rank bad second one.

Fryatt's had a break - almost a season's break as far as doing his job of soring is concerned.

If any of you want us to challenge for promotion - for certain we'll need 80-odd goals and at least two guys who'll whack 18 goals apiece or more.

Fryatt didn't average that ratio even in his first half-season, let alone in the season just finished.

His total so far is 9 Championship goals in 40 games. Way below the average needed.

And these days he's got foot trouble....

Where are the grounds for optimism?

now now children! there is no need to have an argument, its his veiw respect it apexgeo. Dodds is a good nippy player and those who have seen him in action, like thracian has have there right to comment on them, ok yer he has exactly set league two alight but he has created quite alot of goals for rochdale, and scored a few too. i like Dodds i think he potential he even made it into the the team on Fifa 07 updates so he must be pretty useful :P im not sure about Fryatt atm i agree that injuries have blighted him this season, but im not sure he has what it needs to be a 15 plus striker. Then again have we seen his full potential whwen weve had that midfield behind him? i dont know im very much undecided. If he goes who will replace him is the question?

If I cant have my daily rant at/with Thracian, I am not set up for the evening :D

Ive only been on here for a few months and have changed my opinion on things having seen more evidence and listen to more opinion (this is like teh Bob Woolmer murder case this) but in all seriousness, I have never seen Thracian backtrack on any of his comments regardless of how ridiculous! Whether he is calling for the academy boss (Rudkin is it) to be given temporary change if RK was to go or singing the praises of Dodds and Elvis Hammond, teh story never changes!! It is great and funny reading to be fair and of course he is entitled to his opinion but I for one dont look at people as clueless because they have had a change of heart. I just want Thracian to come on here one day and say "You know what lads and lasses, Ive had a think and that Elvis Hammond is really shite and his goal-scoring record in his career proves the point that every other fooker sees

It will happen when hell freezes over!! :clap::D:thumbup:

If we sold Fryatt tomorrow we'd get between £500k-£700k.

I don't think we'd replace a player of his undoubted quality for that, so regardless of what he's done in the past season and a half, I still think we're better off keeping him.

It is shit or bust time for him though and next season for him needs to start on June 1st not July.

If we sold Fryatt tomorrow we'd get between £500k-£700k.

I don't think we'd replace a player of his undoubted quality for that, so regardless of what he's done in the past season and a half, I still think we're better off keeping him.

It is shit or bust time for him though and next season for him needs to start on June 1st not July.

Not sure I'd agree with all of that, if we could get one or two of Varney, Hartson, Sharp, Todorov etc... in to complement Hume (and maybe Cada) while dumping Fryatt i really wouldnt have much trouble doing so, he's been utterly dire this season frankly!

If I cant have my daily rant at/with Thracian, I am not set up for the evening :D

Ive only been on here for a few months and have changed my opinion on things having seen more evidence and listen to more opinion (this is like teh Bob Woolmer murder case this) but in all seriousness, I have never seen Thracian backtrack on any of his comments regardless of how ridiculous! Whether he is calling for the academy boss (Rudkin is it) to be given temporary change if RK was to go or singing the praises of Dodds and Elvis Hammond, teh story never changes!! It is great and funny reading to be fair and of course he is entitled to his opinion but I for one dont look at people as clueless because they have had a change of heart. I just want Thracian to come on here one day and say "You know what lads and lasses, Ive had a think and that Elvis Hammond is really shite and his goal-scoring record in his career proves the point that every other fooker sees

It will happen when hell freezes over!! :clap::D:thumbup:

About as likely as me proposing Jon Rudkin for temporary manager. I think the guy you were thinking of was Steve Beaglehole and I would much, much sooner have had Hammond in the side these last three months (or Dodds) than Fryatt and that's is what the discussion has been about - not whether either Hammond or Dodds are world beaters or should even be first choice at Leicester.

Archived