Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Tiatto Waves Goodbye

Tiatto Waves Goodbye

0,,10274~3199507,00.jpg

Danny Tiatto insists that stability is the key to a brighter future at Leicester City.

The 33-year-old Australian was part of the City side that went down 4-1 to Wolves on Saturday before ending his three-year association with the Foxes and returning back home to play with Queensland Roar.

Tiatto, who played in Europe for 11 years, said: "I've had a good three years at the club and made a lot of friends.

"The supporters have been good to me and I think they have appreciated my all-action approach and work ethic.

"But I just wish we'd had a bit of success while I was here and not always been involved in a scrap at the wrong end of the table.

"However, with a new chairman on board, hopefully the club can gain a bit of stability, build a strong squad for the future and reap the rewards as a result."

Tiatto has served under five managers - Micky Adams, Dave Bassett, Craig Levein, Rob Kelly and most recently Nigel Worthington - since signing for the Foxes from Man City in July 2004.

And has gone on to make 82 appearances and score three goals.

"There have just been so many changes on both the managerial and playing front that it has been hard to find that level of consistency," he added.

"But I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and will certainly be following the club's results from afar.

"Some performances stand out like the FA Cup win at Charlton in February 2005 and our Carling Cup run last season.

"I enjoyed my goal at Leeds earlier this season as well. Yes, I have scored the odd goal!"

Queensland Roar's 2007-08 Hyundai A-League campaign kicks-off against Adelaide United at the Suncorp Stadium on August 25 and Tiatto is relishing the challenge.

"I am looking forward to the challenge and still have that hunger to play on.

"It is a nice part of the world to live in and the season is only 21 games long so that suits me down to the ground as I'm not getting any younger!

"It's a lot warmer back home as well."

dannyMcD1.jpg

He has done OK but when he signed I must admit to expecting a hell of a lot more. One thing that is quite telling when reading that report above is that we have had 5 managers within that time. No club has success when they turn over managers at that rate and maybe we should not get so impatient in the future and back whoever the new boss ends up being.

Anyway, thanks for the effort DT but you didnt set the world alight at Leicester!

He has done OK but when he signed I must admit to expecting a hell of a lot more. One thing that is quite telling when reading that report above is that we have had 5 managers within that time. No club has success when they turn over managers at that rate and maybe we should not get so impatient in the future and back whoever the new boss ends up being.

Anyway, thanks for the effort DT but you didnt set the world alight at Leicester!

Goodbye Tiatto thanks for your contribution, good look back in OZ.

Guest Gist

Overall it was the right time for him to leave. Even though he wasn't the best of players you can't fault his efforts and always gave his all, the only problem was him over doing it at times and getting too many suspensions and cards almost every game.

He's done OK. Very good in his first season but then didn't quite live up to the expectations he ended up setting for himself.

Agree with the above that at 33 it's the right time for him to go but can't fault his effort and committment whilst he's been here. If I was to draw up a list of players I wanted to see leave he certainly wouldn't be towards to top of it put it that way!

It would be interesting to see how many times he was available for a game. I seem to recollect him being injured for a long spells and when fit he played a few then got himself suspended. Getting carded seemed inevitable whenever he played; it wasn't about if but when. He started 70 times over the last three seasons and acquired 29 yellow cards. Kisnorbo by comparison has 106 games and was yellow carded 19 times over the same period...........

whilst nothing against the guy personally

i am delighted to see him leaving. i thought last summer was the last we had seen of him

and was gutted when he was given another year.

he was so one footed he was like a dog chasing its tail.

poor temperement, injury prone, poor skill, didnt improve the teamin any

positive way.

apart from that he was brilliant!!

sure he was aggresive, sure he tried etc etc blah blah

but he was crap

i hope the likes of elvis follow him out.

Fulham away he was amazing. He was a good player for the club probably too many supensions and injuries but good luck danny.

Too much of a liability. For someone who supposedly should have played on the left, he seemed to avoid that area like the plague.

He only seemed to play well when the rest of the team weren't - particularly under Adams and Kelly when it was scrappy and not a lot of football was played. His headless chicken act was perfect for that style of play. When we have tried to play some football he gets found out as he's limited in what he can do going forward.

Bye then.

Very pleasing to see the kind of commitment at LCFC that Tiatto gave 90% of the time. Not too disappointed to see him depart though, we need to overhaul the squad. Good luck Danny in Aus.

I'll second that. :thumbup:

My favourite player when he first came, started brilliantly and gave us a good edge when we lost Thatcher as a left back but as time wore on he lost discipline, positional sense, and also in a sense work rate also seemed to drop, injured too often and spent more time in the dressing room than on the pitch. Thanks for the first season Danny but not a lot after.

Given the awful players that have surrounded him he has done OK. Sure he would have prefered to be the ball winner and give it to someone better................but he looked around and around and around. Fairplay to him, he was an honest player. And yet another one that was played in numerous different positions.

Archived