Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rocky Dennis

Impatience of supporters!

As we cant all agree on who's the best man for the job, im slightly worried that some fans may turn on the new manager if were not succesful quickly!

We need to give him and any new players time to get it right, but this club isnt renowned for its patience is it?

Thankfully Martin O'Neill defied the boo boys!

I think we really have to give the new manager time now, let them build. Rome wasn't built in a day as it were. We've chased out 5 managers, so let's sit back and let this one have a season or two. Let's face it, MM ain't gonna tolerate a dire manager so I trust him to deal with it.

totally agree.! he needs to clear the sh*t out and reshape the squad and get it it to gel and that could take a season.

so i think patience is the key, but you never know it could all fall in to place quickly, and we could do a sunderland, derby etc.

Funny thing patience.

When seeing the team Rob Kelly chose in his first game as manager - and the tactics he adopted - I knew deep in my core that he was never going to be the manager for us, and said so.

But you wonder afterwards if you might have judged harshly, if the manager will learn and change. Occasionally there were brief signs of encouragement but when I saw that game against Sociedad and the opening two team selections of the new season I knew Kelly took no responsbility for the art he was representing - just the results, however achieved.

Worthington almost seduced some into believing he'd be a better bet but the signs were always there that he wasn't and his few games were plenty and thank God we could see that quickly.

I warned he should not pick people who had no future at the club and by choosing such people he showed an important flaw to me. Teams must be taken forward continually and at every opportunity. Kelly failed in that test too. Chances presented themselves and he wasted them. He let feelings show instead of making decisions coldly.

It is curious how a manager must be both cold and caring. Both calculating and persuasive. Ruthless yet loyal. Thoughtful yet passionate.

You should be able to tell if a manager or a player is right - not because of the result of any game or whether the individual does this or that - but by their approach and what they try to do.

There will be a presence about the man who will be right for Leicester, perhaps even a joy. A confidence, a belief, an attitude, even an arrogance.

He will be a man who knows what he wants and will let nothing deflect him from what he needs to do and will not willingly compromise his principles for anything.

It will not just be enough for him to win he will want to make a statement and win in a manner than reflects that statement and reflects the person that he is and wishes to be remembered as. His passion will shine through whatever.

And when he arrives we should all be patient, and patient with his players because each one will have a purpose and piece by piece those sepearate purposes will interlink to construct a formidable power - the sort of power which will develop and feed off itself and finally take on anyone.

Building a team can be so special. It takes time. But the sense of purpose should be apparent from the beginning.

As it was with Sir Alex Ferguson. As it was with Wenger. And as it was with Roy Keane really.

Patience with people such as those is always likely to be rewarded.

Patience is worthless if it is wasted on people who lack the spark, the vigour and the determination to do the patience justice

Funny thing patience.

When seeing the team Rob Kelly chose in his first game as manager - and the tactics he adopted - I knew deep in my core that he was never going to be the manager for us, and said so.

But you wonder afterwards if you might have judged harshly, if the manager will learn and change. Occasionally there were brief signs of encouragement but when I saw that game against Sociedad and the opening two team selections of the new season I knew Kelly took no responsbility for the art he was representing - just the results, however achieved.

Worthington almost seduced some into believing he'd be a better bet but the signs were always there that he wasn't and his few games were plenty and thank God we could see that quickly.

I warned he should not pick people who had no future at the club and by choosing such people he showed an important flaw to me. Teams must be taken forward continually and at every opportunity. Kelly failed in that test too. Chances presented themselves and he wasted them. He let feelings show instead of making decisions coldly.

It is curious how a manager must be both cold and caring. Both calculating and persuasive. Ruthless yet loyal. Thoughtful yet passionate.

You should be able to tell if a manager or a player is right - not because of the result of any game or whether the individual does this or that - but by their approach and what they try to do.

There will be a presence about the man who will be right for Leicester, perhaps even a joy. A confidence, a belief, an attitude, even an arrogance.

He will be a man who knows what he wants and will let nothing deflect him from what he needs to do and will not willingly compromise his principles for anything.

It will not just be enough for him to win he will want to make a statement and win in a manner than reflects that statement and reflects the person that he is and wishes to be remembered as. His passion will shine through whatever.

And when he arrives we should all be patient, and patient with his players because each one will have a purpose and piece by piece those sepearate purposes will interlink to construct a formidable power - the sort of power which will develop and feed off itself and finally take on anyone.

Building a team can be so special. It takes time. But the sense of purpose should be apparent from the beginning.

As it was with Sir Alex Ferguson. As it was with Wenger. And as it was with Roy Keane really.

Patience is worthless if it is wasted on people who lack the spark, the vigour and the determination to do the patience justice

Bloody superb post mate!!

Funny thing patience.

For those of you who don't know Thrachian, he says no.

Whoever is "the chosen one", we have to back him. Whether its one of these trendy young managers like Ince or an old fogey like Peter Reid (please god no), we must get behind the new boss and give him time. The question is, how much time will MM give him lol! He wants quick results and may talk of 3 years to get it right but I bet he will tell the new boss that he better het us in the play-offs or else.

Funny thing patience.

I didn't really want to see people who had no future at the club playing for us and I certainly don't want Worthington as manager next season (now that I pledged my "hard earned" again!) but it's a little harsh to criticize the man's choice on team selection with such a small squad,very little time and so few matches to assess it all.Bottom line is he was employed to do a job by MM and he did it!..I wish the bloke all the luck in the world and despite Sunday's display would like to say thanks Nigel and goodbye! :clap:

I didn't really want to see people who had no future at the club playing for us and I certainly don't want Worthington as manager next season (now that I pledged my "hard earned" again!) but it's a little harsh to criticize the man's choice on team selection with such a small squad,very little time and so few matches to assess it all.Bottom line is he was employed to do a job by MM and he did it!..I wish the bloke all the luck in the world and despite Sunday's display would like to say thanks Nigel and goodbye! :clap:

As much as I am annoyed at RK not having the foresight at signing young superkids on loan like Sunderland and Birmingham managed, we must not forget the horrible prediciment we were in this season (financially). We only bought in Bosmans and had limited choices in January when it came to loanees as we looked at experienced players to get us out of the mess we were in. Our options were minimal and were only rushed in after Williams was sold. Bad management by RK yes as he could have punted out Williams and maybe another at the start of the window but maybe he didnt panic as he waited for the arrival of MM.

Wortho`s situation is even worse. He couldnt do anything apart from promote from the academy (which he did), recall loaned players (again, Cada cameback), recall players like Fryatt although injury kept him out previously and then punted out the loanees who he didnt fancy or dropped the players who he didnt think were upto it (AJ). Most of us have been crying out for all of this for most of the season but Wortho saw this in a few weeks. Fair play to him because all people seem to systematically do is look at the worst (3 home defeats is very poor but we were hardly world beaters at home were we??) when he did plenty right.

I think it depends on who it is as to how long the fans will give him. If it was Coleman the fans would probably give him ages, whereas if it stayed as Wortho then the fans would be calling for him to be axed at Christmas if we're not doing well so "the new manager can have time to assess the squad and make some decent transfers in the January transfer window"

Think it boils down to our high expectations. I have read on this forum that MM has £9m to spend in this 3 year plan. Well if that's the case in todays transfer market where that amount gets you ........ one player......Ashley Young, then the new manager is gonna have alot of the current crop still around. Good Luck to whoever it is he will need it.

Think it boils down to our high expectations. I have read on this forum that MM has £9m to spend in this 3 year plan.

I read that he paid £25million for the club, that Paul Ince was being appointed yesterday and that we have a little Wayne Rooney in our ranks :whistle:

Maybe we are going to spend £9mil, but I doubt it.

Think it boils down to our high expectations. I have read on this forum that MM has £9m to spend in this 3 year plan. Well if that's the case in todays transfer market where that amount gets you ........ one player......Ashley Young, then the new manager is gonna have alot of the current crop still around. Good Luck to whoever it is he will need it.

Be realtic mate! If we do have £9m to spend over three years its based upon us being in this league still and buying players at this level. Apart from Birmingham who have spent £2m+ on quite a few occasions, not many other clubs have done the same to be in the position they are in. Derby have managed to buy plenty of players just over the £500k price tage like Teale, McEveley, Pearson and spent a million to grab the likes of Howard and Jones. If we go up before the 3 years that transfer kitty will quadruple! the money we have available at present puts us in a great position, as long as we have someone with the footballing knowledge to find the right players and attarct them to us. Thats probably the hard bit!

Be realtic mate! If we do have £9m to spend over three years its based upon us being in this league still and buying players at this level. Apart from Birmingham who have spent £2m+ on quite a few occasions, not many other clubs have done the same to be in the position they are in. Derby have managed to buy plenty of players just over the £500k price tage like Teale, McEveley, Pearson and spent a million to grab the likes of Howard and Jones. If we go up before the 3 years that transfer kitty will quadruple! the money we have available at present puts us in a great position, as long as we have someone with the footballing knowledge to find the right players and attarct them to us. Thats probably the hard bit!

Yeah I know I was only joking that 9m isn't a load of cash on the whole balance of things. It depends on how good the new manager is in the transfer market. Attracting players from lower leagues shouldn't be a problem but I guess it depends on what other options they have. I think the problem is if only 3 or 4 million is available to the new manager this season that could soon be wasted by a couple of bad signings. Keeping fingers crossed for shrewd transer market manager who brings a top scout with him.

Yeah I know I was only joking that 9m isn't a load of cash on the whole balance of things. It depends on how good the new manager is in the transfer market. Attracting players from lower leagues shouldn't be a problem but I guess it depends on what other options they have. I think the problem is if only 3 or 4 million is available to the new manager this season that could soon be wasted by a couple of bad signings. Keeping fingers crossed for shrewd transer market manager who brings a top scout with him.

I am like a scratched record on this one but I can help myself lol. Premiership "fringe" players will be easily to aquire because the Prem clubs have so much money to spend this summer that they will be bringing plenty of new talent from abroad and the bitpart players will be punted off to clubs like us. We neednt just worry about players from this division or below, we can get good quality players from the Premiership who will be surplus!

I am like a scratched record on this one but I can help myself lol. Premiership "fringe" players will be easily to aquire because the Prem clubs have so much money to spend this summer that they will be bringing plenty of new talent from abroad and the bitpart players will be punted off to clubs like us. We neednt just worry about players from this division or below, we can get good quality players from the Premiership who will be surplus!

Likes of Lee Hendrie - yes

Likes of Dion (as we did a few years ago) - no

time is what promotion is going to take teams, that chop and change manager tend to under achieve and waste money look at newcastle and since MO ourselves i only managed to get to two games this season the joyes of being selfemployed. wortho has made massive improvements over RK yes we were bad against wolves but 100x better than against crystal palace not only did it look asif we could score but did twice not including the own goal. i think that coleman was sacked when he admitted that they were in danger of relagation because they werenot good enough after all he hadnt just been apionted.

roy keane and martin oniel have one thing in common they were both at aclub with a decent manager who knew alot about motivation brian clough

Archived