Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Not looking so good for Ince

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...952007351197431

Comments by Milan Mandaric about taking his time over City's managerial appointment don't sound too good for Paul Ince - unless it's a case of completing legal due process.

A bookmaker might have been reputed to have stopped taking bets on Ince but if the decision were a fait accompli why wait even longer to make the choice now the season has finished?.

I doubt employment laws would get in the way - Ince has a brilliant achievement record in football and there's a shortage of black managers in the game anyway. The PC reps would surely be delighted.

So the delay - and MM himself - suggests there's uncertainty about the best choice.

I've changed my thinking on the issue too.

While I still feel Ince has the right footballing pedigree to be City's manager it is quite clear that lots of the fans don't, for reasons rarely explained but still perhaps justified, and I really can't see that the club needs someone who has so many fans against him from the start. It is surely a time for unity not disharmony.

One thing seems certain. If there really was an outstanding choice who was keen to take the job, the appointment would have been made by now so that a) he can get on with the rebuild in good time and b) to avoid someone else getting him.

So perhaps Ince will stay at Macclesfield after all as he suggested to his clubs fans when he said "see you next season".

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...952007351197431

Comments by Milan Mandaric about taking his time over City's managerial appointment don't sound too good for Paul Ince - unless it's a case of completing legal due process.

A bookmaker might have been reputed to have stopped taking bets on Ince but if the decision were a fait accompli why wait even longer to make the choice now the season has finished?.

I doubt employment laws would get in the way - Ince has a brilliant achievement record in football and there's a shortage of black managers in the game anyway. The PC reps would surely be delighted.

So the delay - and MM himself - suggests there's uncertainty about the best choice.

I've changed my thinking on the issue too.

While I still feel Ince has the right footballing pedigree to be City's manager it is quite clear that lots of the fans don't, for reasons rarely explained but still perhaps justified, and I really can't see that the club needs someone who has so many fans against him from the start. It is surely a time for unity not disharmony.

One thing seems certain. If there really was an outstanding choice who was keen to take the job, the appointment would have been made by now so that a) he can get on with the rebuild in good time and b) to avoid someone else getting him.

So perhaps Ince will stay at Macclesfield after all as he suggested to his clubs fans when he said "see you next season".

The rumour about Paul Ince came from one of the national bookmakers, the same bookmaker that rumoured he was going to be given the Coventry job which resulted in an influx of bets being placed!

I don't think the fact that he is black should actually come into it at all.

His record's not great, and I think Coleman is the man for the job really and would be dissapointed to see anyone other than him in the job.

But he brought the fact that he's black into it, in a newspaper interview. I doubt anyone else would ever have thought about it or mentioned it.

Where's your evidence?

He's complained many times that black people are under represented in football management and hinted at that being the reason he and others had failed to get jobs at the top clubs.

my thoughts on Paul Ince are;

high profile

Probably a good motivator

Likely to have good contacts (especially at Manure)

Unknown quanitity in the transfer market

Thats a huge amount of speculation there especially regarding his contacts at Manchester United. He didn't exactly leave on the best of terms with Alex Ferguson and he left quite a while ago. There have been a lot of changes at Old Trafford and Carrington since then.

The rumour about Paul Ince came from one of the national bookmakers, the same bookmaker that rumoured he was going to be given the Coventry job which resulted in an influx of bets being placed!

Just £100 on a manager to take a certain position would get the bookies twitching and you'd be surprised how much their odds would tumble on such a measly amount.

The bookies get it right on the odd occasion but in general they'll have had about 4 or 5 favourite for the same job whilst the job is vacant.

I cannot see how you can question Ince's record as a manager. Yes he has little experience but from what i remember he took over & they were 12 points adrift with no money & he manged to save them. Thats not too shabby in my opinion.

I cannot see how you can question Ince's record as a manager. Yes he has little experience but from what i remember he took over & they were 12 points adrift with no money & he manged to save them. Thats not too shabby in my opinion.

It's quite easy to question his record.

Which is the highest level he has managed at?

How long has he been a manager?

Has he managed a promotion before?

Has he built a team of his own before?

Some are writing off Coleman because he 'only' managed to avoid relegation from the Premiership each season and because he's never managed in our league. So if we can write Coleman off for 'just' keeping a team in the Premiership, we can certainly write Ince off for 'just' keeping a team in the Football League system at all. Especially when you stop to consider that Coleman was manager for almost four years and managed at a higher level than Ince has.

It's easy to write Ince off by questioning his record, and many have or will do so.

Besides... this time last year, you couldn't really question Rob Kelly's record. Granted we weren't 12 points adrift, but he took over a team that looked hopeless and had far less time to turn it around... and that was at our level, not the bottom of the football league. :whistle:

Just £100 on a manager to take a certain position would get the bookies twitching and you'd be surprised how much their odds would tumble on such a measly amount.

The bookies get it right on the odd occasion but in general they'll have had about 4 or 5 favourite for the same job whilst the job is vacant.

I know quite a few people who work at Coral's head office, where Paul Ince's brother works in their trade room, also met him on a couple of occassions when there were networking events at the NEC, about the future of LBO's and the Betting Exchange.

Dave Jones.

What about him?

I reckon he might do a decent job for us.

I'm bored of thought of having either Ince or Coleman

Oddly enough, I mentioned Jones a few months ago as an alternative to Coleman.

It might cost us a few bob to prise him away from Cardiff, though, what with their new ownership, new stadium and big plans.

Oddly enough, I mentioned Jones a few months ago as an alternative to Coleman.

It might cost us a few bob to prise him away from Cardiff, though, what with their new ownership, new stadium and big plans.

I think he's a pretty decent manager

The thing is they don’t have a stadium, and to be fair their new ownership isn’t quite as ambitious as ours. I’m pretty sure Milan could quite easily prize him away from there.

I think he's a pretty decent manager

The thing is they don’t have a stadium, and to be fair their new ownership isn’t quite as ambitious as ours. I’m pretty sure Milan could quite easily prize him away from there.

Enticing Jones himself might not be the problem - if we are indeed that much more ambitious.

The issue will be Cardiff. I'm sure they'll be keen to keep hold of Jones themselves - after all, they had a good start to the season this season, they'll be hoping to build on that. So, I'd expect them to want a fair bit of compensation if we manage to persuade Jones to come here. Whether Mandaric wants to spend that money getting the manager is anyone's guess. Let's not forget he held out when he went crawling back to Redknapp and Southampton demanded compensation.

Jones is a bit of a long shot, I reckon, for that reason.

This is a historic moment. For the first time in the 4 complete months I have been on this site Thracian has had a change of mind lol!!

Ince has only been in management for 5 mins but what worries me is his attitude. Playing the race card just to fulfill his own ambitions is a downer for me. Also saying he would be in charge at Inter Milan had he stayed there is not being confident but almost disrespectful. Who does he think he is lol???!!

Anyway, that MM report is more of the same old news. "I have to get it right for the fans" and "I have to make the correct decision" is nothing new and that report was worthless. I would much rather have some news on who the other candidates are or maybe when he has set a deadline to make a decision to be honest. I trust MM will make the right choice but I hope something is happening behind the scenes regarding aquiring bosmans from other clubs before all the good ones get snapped up.

It's quite easy to question his record.

Which is the highest level he has managed at?

How long has he been a manager?

Has he managed a promotion before?

Has he built a team of his own before?

lol

:appl:

Go girlfriend! :worship:

And would you have questioned RK then with the games he had to save us in 05-06. No manager can be really judged with LESS than a season's experience.

Ince would be more of a gamble on this basis.

Dave Jones.

What about him?

I reckon he might do a decent job for us.

I'm bored of thought of having either Ince or Coleman

Yeah me too. Why Ince or Coleman?? I'd prefer George Burley if he doesn't take the Saints up in the play offs.

Archived