Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shipman Out

The Options almost unlimited!

Warnock the latest to resign today and has said he has one more challenge in him, the last time he came close to leaving Sheffield United was when he was offered the job at Portsmouth...who offered it yes Mr Manderic.

If i was running a book Warnock would now be my favourite, but with so many managers now available who do you think Manderic should pick and will pick?

Warnock

Pearce

Roeder

Lennon

Ince

Newell

Keegan

Worthington

Grayson

Coleman

Dowie (why!!!)

Hard to remember a time when so many managers where out of work and others doing well at clubs

lol @ glen roeder....

a name isn't everything, i still say mike newell. please not warnock. like someone else said he isnt the best in the transfer market. John stead for the premiership lol. Can score but not good enuff. buying akinbiyi, gillespie. some of his signings scare me to be honest

Warnock the latest to resign today and has said he has one more challenge in him, the last time he came close to leaving Sheffield United was when he was offered the job at Portsmouth...who offered it yes Mr Manderic.

If i was running a book Warnock would now be my favourite, but with so many managers now available who do you think Manderic should pick and will pick?

Warnock

Pearce

Roeder

Lennon

Ince

Newell

Keegan

Worthington

Grayson

Coleman

Dowie (why!!!)

Hard to remember a time when so many managers where out of work and others doing well at clubs

Looking at names like Pearce, Roeder, Lennon, Worthington and Dowie I'm surprised there's no mention of Beaglehole.

I'd know what I was getting and would certainly prefer his approach to four of the above and I've no idea on what basis the other one, Lennon, would be considered.

If Beaglehole can finish champions, runner-up and beat Arsenal among many other Premiership youth teams - and he can do it in style at home or away - then he'd be a seriious contender in my eyes.

He always made more sense than Kelly in many ways because he was the one who had something ongoing and his style is the one the lub needs to adopt to have any success.

Perhaps the Beagle won't have such widespread contacts at the top of the game as some of those names but Mandaric will have and he'd be involved anyway. It might be easier for a MM/Beaglehole relationship to work than some of the others.

And how many in that list could be described as currently sucessful managerially? Not one, really. Not in a relevent sense.

Looking at names like Pearce, Roeder, Lennon, Worthington and Dowie I'm surprised there's no mention of Beaglehole.

I'd know what I was getting and would certainly prefer his approach to four of the above and I've no idea on what basis the other one, Lennon, would be considered.

If Beaglehole can finish champions, runner-up and beat Arsenal among many other Premiership youth teams - and he can do it in style at home or away - then he'd be a seriious contender in my eyes.

He always made more sense than Kelly in many ways because he was the one who had something ongoing and his style is the one the lub needs to adopt to have any success.

Perhaps the Beagle won't have such widespread contacts at the top of the game as some of those names but Mandaric will have and he'd be involved anyway. It might be easier for a MM/Beaglehole relationship to work than some of the others.

And how many in that list could be described as currently sucessful managerially? Not one, really. Not in a relevent sense.

Kelly was great as a youth team coach, get real!

As much as I admire the job he has done with the youth, he has no experience in the transfer market and considering the situation we are in, i.e we need a major clear-out with lots of quality coming in, then how can MM put a complete novice in charge!?? I think you are dreaming on this one Thrac!

We have options alright but the problem is that when a side loses its manager that then opens the door for alot of our potential targets to walk into. We have to make the right decision but act quickly before MM`s favourite targets get snapped up by other clubs.

As for Beaglehole, its a huge step up from managing a bunch of kids to managing the first team squad of a Championship club. Whatever I say will sound negative so i`ll try to say as little as possible apart from I think there are horses for courses and maybe Beaglehole should stay where he is an keep ploughing out the kids for a few more years! I think we should be making sure that we offering the right deal to keep him from taking a similar post elsewhere.

Kelly was great as a youth team coach, get real!

I've seen nothing that suggests Kelly's coaching was outstanding in any way. In fact, from that point of view, Leicester's first team looked as ill-prepared as any professional side I've seen in 50 years. I've given details many times. Whether Kelly was telling them the right things and the players weren't listening doesn't matter - it's the effect that counts.

I've seen nothing that suggests Kelly's coaching was outstanding in any way. In fact, from that point of view, Leicester's first team looked as ill-prepared as any professional side I've seen in 50 years. I've given details many times. Whether Kelly was telling them the right things and the players weren't listening doesn't matter - it's the effect that counts.

He said youth team coach!!! FA trophy winner with Blackburn, weekly thrashings handed out etc etc.

We have been donw the "give him a go" route... not again thanks.

lol @ glen roeder....

a name isn't everything, i still say mike newell. please not warnock. like someone else said he isnt the best in the transfer market. John stead for the premiership lol. Can score but not good enuff. buying akinbiyi, gillespie. some of his signings scare me to be honest

After reading this I take the mike newell bit back. Agents don't like him.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...2129652,00.html

Just ignore him, guys.

It's the same as how Sheehan was going to be the best left back in the country and Dodds would have taken the division by storm.

They both sod off and try lower league football and are mediocre at best there.

Once again, no-one ever suggested Sheehan or Dodds would take the division by storm - only that they might be better than what we had - and reference to them anyway has nothing to do with Beaglehole and simply deflects from my question of why he should not be under serious consideration when all the current leading contenders, the guys we do seem to want, would be arriving here as current failures, relatively.

Apart from Davies, who seems to have ruled himself out and Grayson who barely gets a mention for some strange reason.

Once again, no-one ever suggested Sheehan or Dodds would take the division by storm - only that they might be better than what we had - and reference to them anyway has nothing to do with Beaglehole and simply deflects from my question of why he should not be under serious consideration when all the current leading contenders, the guys we do seem to want, would be arriving here as current failures, relatively.

Apart from Davies, who seems to have ruled himself out and Grayson who barely gets a mention for some strange reason.

But yes you did!

Even recently posts have been highlighted of you going on and on about Sheehan.. mocking the match reports of whatever online source it was, supposing that although he'd only scored a 5/10 and been subsituted, it MUST have been him who assisted the goals, whatever the match report, conventional wisdom and the manager himself had to say.

I can understand you rate them and you're probably a bit embarrassed that your hyperbole has been remembered looking at him now... but just admit you were wrong!

He said youth team coach!!! FA trophy winner with Blackburn, weekly thrashings handed out etc etc.

We have been donw the "give him a go" route... not again thanks.

I cannot see how Kelly's appointment has anything to do with Beaglehole.

You refer to Kelly's success at Blackburn but Kelly was given his chance and, if all you say is true, which I am happy to accept, then he blew it because he was never true to himself.

He certainly never approached the first team job in the same way he tackled youth football at Blackburn and why that should mean Beaglehole would do the same I've no idea.

I don't know Beaglehole personally but everything I've seen him do as a manager suggests quite the opposite - both with the Academy and the Reserves. And far more likely Kelly's failings should serve as a warning to him.

But yes you did!

Even recently posts have been highlighted of you going on and on about Sheehan.. mocking the match reports of whatever online source it was, supposing that although he'd only scored a 5/10 and been subsituted, it MUST have been him who assisted the goals, whatever the match report, conventional wisdom and the manager himself had to say.

I can understand you rate them and you're probably a bit embarrassed that your hyperbole has been remembered looking at him now... but just admit you were wrong!

Not sure why we're having this debate again - my views are/were clear enough.

But contrary to your last sentence I still believe a fit Sheehan - if he can ever get fit - is an excellent attacking left-back and the ideal cover for Joe Mattock.

You refer to Kelly's success at Blackburn but Kelly was given his chance and, if all you say is true, which I am happy to accept, then he blew it because he was never true to himself.

He certainly never approached the first team job in the same way he tackled youth football at Blackburn and why that should mean Beaglehole would do the same I've no idea.

I don't know Beaglehole personally but everything I've seen him do as a manager suggests quite the opposite - both with the Academy and the Reserves. And far more likely Kelly's failings should serve as a warning to him.

So if you were a Multi-millionaire Chairman of a massive club like Leicester with thousands of fans to answer to, would actually consider appointing a Youth coach for the 1st team Manager of Leicester City, to get us to the Premirship?? Yes or NO answer only plz?? .......

We have promoted from within rceently, we have also tried the young and hungry manager from England and Scotland and now its time to knuckle down and come around to the idea to get someone in who has got a decent CV with quite a bit of experience on it. We have the fans, stadium and financial backing and its time we took less chances when appointing a new manager and Beaglehole would be too big a risk, as would someone like Paul Ince.

So if you were a Multi-millionaire Chairman of a massive club like Leicester with thousands of fans to answer to, would actually consider appointing a Youth coach for the 1st team Manager of Leicester City, to get us to the Premirship?? Yes or NO answer only plz?? .......

Of course I would.

You can waste a lot of money on people with little managerial ability as is quite likely to be the case with some of those listed as our potential managers.

I've not said I'd necesssarily appoint Beaglehole.

But I'd undoubtedly want to consider him and hear what he had to say about how he would tackle the job.

Of course I would.

You can waste a lot of money on people with little managerial ability as is quite likely to be the case with some of those listed as our potential managers.

lol You've lost the plot, you would'nt last one minute in football at this level. Could you imagine if you made that decision as a chairman and it went horribly wrong! You would be burnt at the stake lol

Of course I would.

I've not said I'd necesssarily appoint Beaglehole.

But I'd undoubtedly want to consider him and hear what he had to say about how he would tackle the job.

There's no fool like an old fool.

We have promoted from within rceently, we have also tried the young and hungry manager from England and Scotland and now its time to knuckle down and come around to the idea to get someone in who has got a decent CV with quite a bit of experience on it. We have the fans, stadium and financial backing and its time we took less chances when appointing a new manager and Beaglehole would be too big a risk, as would someone like Paul Ince.

Just out of curiosity who would be the "magic man" with experience, a good CV and no risk attached?.

It has everything to do with it because you inssist that because he has done well at youth level he should be considered a top candidate. IT doesn't work out like that, and we are usuing Kelly as an example.

Lets get Steve Bould as manager, or whoever manages the reserve team who finished top of their league. No?? Exactly it's a stupid idea... so stop going on about Jeremy Beagle.

Archived