Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shipman Out

The Options almost unlimited!

lol @ glen roeder....

a name isn't everything, i still say mike newell. please not warnock. like someone else said he isnt the best in the transfer market. John stead for the premiership lol . Can score but not good enuff. buying akinbiyi, gillespie. some of his signings scare me to be honest

Just because we had him and he was pants doesn't mean he was at Sheff U.

Considering he has played just about every game, considering he has scored some bloody good goals and considering that he has created a heck of a lot of chances - I wouldn't call him a bad signing.

I can't see the connection but if that's the attitude you'd take towards your best achievers, it wouldn't be mine. :whistle:

The connection is Primary school education (youth team) is a million miles away from university education (first team).

If someone does well you say well done, have a pay rise and keep up the hard work. If you prove yourself again next year and do well again have a crack at the reserve team.

I can't see the connection but if that's the attitude you'd take towards your best achievers, it wouldn't be mine. :whistle:

No, he's quite SIMPLY saying, that success with youth players does not necessarily mean success can also be achieved at a higher level with adults. I mean perhaps consider him for a Manager's no.2 but not put him right in as Leicester City Manager! That would be insane!

Because you seem to be under the impression that just succeeding at youth team football and playing well means he will transfer that into first team football. Kelly is an example that kids football and first team championship football are a million miles away. You are championing Beagle, which is as ridiculous as someone saying give Bould the job.

Someone who is out and work and would accept? How do I know who would accept? Someone out of work... I like Tigana, would he accept? Someone in work... I like Burley, would he accept?

Both are unlikely. So being realistic you are looking at a two horse race between Warnock and Coleman for out of work managers. I have deep reservations about both, United became a decent team when investment was given to Warnock. It's easy to say it took 7/8 years... but the investment was never there early on. Coleman kept Fulham up, but they were sliding down the league.

I really think we need someone who have experience and RECENT success in this league. Although as Fez pointed out, he has his limitations I think Warnock has that experience to at least get us making a go of it again. If we got up he might not keep us up, but you need to get there first!!

Because Kelly flopped doesn't set the standard for every other coach who gets promoted from the ranks.

Indeed, it is hard to see any similarities between Kelly and SB.

What I will agree with is that the decision's a hard one.

Whoever does get the managers job I'll back 100% and give them a chance to see what they can do.

I think the best man out there currently is without a doubt Paul Jewell, whether he'd manage in the championship again or return so soon I dont know.

If he proves to be unrealistic I'd certainly be happy with Coleman, Newell or Tigana

The connection is Primary school education (youth team) is a million miles away from university education (first team).

If someone does well you say well done, have a pay rise and keep up the hard work. If you prove yourself again next year and do well again have a crack at the reserve team.

He's already looked after the reserve team!

Erm anyone seen S****horpe this season?

Wasn't the manager there the Physio at one point ?

Just because Kelly was a flop doesnt mean everyone else will be.

Do you write shit just to annoy me?

Nobody has said that just because Kelly was a flop every other coach etc would be!!!! What we are saying is that Thracian is so sure he would do a bloody wonderful job... statistically there is more chance of him being a failure than anything else!! Every manager is a risk but some more than others, and on a risk scale Beagle is up there at the top.

S****horpe??? Nothing to do with them already having a good team when he took over hey.

Nobody has said that just because Kelly was a flop every other coach etc would be!!!! What we are saying is that Thracian is so sure he would do a bloody wonderful job... statistically there is more chance of him being a failure than anything else!! Every manager is a risk but some more than others, and on a risk scale Beagle is up there at the top.

S****horpe??? Nothing to do with them already having a good team when he took over hey.

You should really stop hyping up, its an internet forum mate.

I was just using it as an example as someone whos been promoted from a lower position and done well.

I'm not sure he would do a wonderful job at all. I'm saying he's been successful and deserves to be considered.

And why he should be a bigger risk than others considering the number of young players we have bursting through and the fact that he is the only potential contender who has worked with them is beyond me.

I really wonder if Beaglehole is being conidered for the position of assistant manager. That is an entirely speculative comment but I believe he was having input when Worthington was here and that he's still having some input now.

I could be quite wrong about this - which will please one or two - but events do seem to point that way.

Not saying for a minute that it's a done deal just that it maybe in MM's mind.

It is a reasonable assumption that players like Logan, Stearman, Wesolowski, Mattock, Dodds (I hope), King, Gradel, McKay and Odhiambo will be part of the first team squad next season - some in the team, some on the bench and some in training but pushing from the reserves.

It would make sense for Beaglehole to be involved because he knows them best.

I'm not sure he would do a wonderful job at all. I'm saying he's been successful and deserves to be considered.

And why he should be a bigger risk than others considering the number of young players we have bursting through and the fact that he is the only potential contender who has worked with them is beyond me.

I really wonder if Beaglehole is being conidered for the position of assistant manager. That is an entirely speculative comment but I believe he was having input when Worthington was here and that he's still having some input now.

I could be quite wrong about this - which will please one or two - but events do seem to point that way.

Not saying for a minute that it's a done deal just that it maybe in MM's mind.

It is a reasonable assumption that players like Logan, Stearman, Wesolowski, Mattock, Dodds (I hope), King, Gradel, McKay and Odhiambo will be part of the first team squad next season - some in the team, some on the bench and some in training but pushing from the reserves.

It would make sense for Beaglehole to be involved because he knows them best.

On a selfish point of view, I would much rather keep Beaglehole with the academy. He seems to have done a fantastic job there but the ball needs to be kept rolling and we should put as much effort into continuing the progress of the youngsters and hoping that a few of them become good enough to be first team regulars in a succesful side and not bit part players in a struggling team.

Odihambo is a poor mans elvis hammond. Gradel and King have some potential. Dodds is on his way out and Mckay needs to grow in order to have some impact on the first team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/6665547.stm

Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric says Neil Warnock is on a short-list to become the club's next manager but insists no contact has been made.

Mandaric told the Leicester Mercury: "Neil Warnock is a good and experienced manager and may be under consideration.

"But he is only one of several on the list I will be considering. As it is such an important decision, I will not be rushed."

He added: "I have had no dialogue with him or anyone else."

Nigel Worthington took over as caretaker-manager of the Foxes in April after the departure of Rob Kelly.

He helped steer the club away from relegation and Worthington is part of a shortlist which is believed to include five names.

Thats a worry. Surely MM should have been interviewing managers already???

Now that is a scary thought!!!

I wonder if Abrasive Fox has ever seen Odhiambo apart from the match against Villa in the cup and I doubt he'll be replying in a hurry if he has.

But I wouldn't worry.

Apart from the darkness of his skin colour Odhiambo has little in common with Hammond apart from a bit of pace.

Eric's close control is excellent and he sniffs out chances in all sorts of places whereas Hammond tends to break from the shoulder of defenders and use raw pace to create his chances.

I wonder if Abrasive Fox has ever seen Odhiambo apart from the match against Villa in the cup and I doubt he'll be replying in a hurry if he has.

But I wouldn't worry.

Apart from the darkness of his skin colour Odhiambo has little in common with Hammond apart from a bit of pace.

Eric's close control is excellent and he sniffs out chances in all sorts of places whereas Hammond tends to break from the shoulder of defenders and use raw pace to create his chances.

lol Why do you always bring up colour!!? Anyway you are probably right, a poor mans Elvis Hammond is something that would be impossible to achieve in my eyes! Hammond may cause problems with his pace but he is no finisher, whereas Odhiambo has score many this season, something you can't do if you don't have composure and natural ability in front of goal.

lol Why do you always bring up colour!!? Anyway you are probably right, a poor mans Elvis Hammond is something that would be impossible to achieve in my eyes! Hammond may cause problems with his pace but he is no finisher, whereas Odhiambo has score many this season, something you can't do if you don't have composure and natural ability in front of goal.

I might as easily have said "apart from the fact they both wear glasses, or purple boots, or have their hair tied but that's not the case so it would have been pointless.

I don't have any problems referring to a person's colour because it has never been an issue to me - and that since long before the PC brigade were ever heard of.

It is no different to referring to people being both tall, both short, both Scottish, both salmon fishermen.

It happens in this case that both are very dark skinned.

Archived