Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lichfieldfox.

Mass Cull - when will it occur?

Its all gone quiet on OS. I was expecting a mass cull prior to new manager either by Mandi or Worthington. Is Wortho still our caretaker manager, if so surely he can start the exit ball rolling? Maybe I'm being a tad naive here.

It'll take a while... I'm not sure that we actually have a manager as such at the moment, is Wortho still here? It's probably best to get a manager in place before we start off with culling the shite... he'll want to have the freedom to retain some, sadly we're probably not going to be in a position to clear all the crap out... but I'd expect a far few to be packing their bags before the end of the month, or when ever the new gaffer comes in.

I think we should leave it to the new manager to decide to to keep and who to punt out. Between us on here we have seen people rate Maybury and hate him and the same with players like Hughes. Half think Hendo should be No1 and the others want Logan lol!!

I just feel a bit gutted that we didnt get a permanent manager in instead of Wortho because the new manager could have had a good look at things like possibly getting academy players within teh first team squad in addition to assessing who will be staying and going come the end of the season. Whoever comes in now will have to have his own look before a mass cull occurs but if we get someone like Warnock it may help as he must be well aware of our squad having been in the same division as us for so long. The positive thing is that to my knowledge he hasnt bid for any of our donkeys lol

Well, the players' contracts probably aren't up yet.

A couple of weeks to go just yet... most contracts end in June (probably the first of).

Players are free to look for other clubs already, and might be doing so, so they could be on the verge of leaving - but the OS probably won't report it. They'll probably just list the players who've departed when a new manager is in place. Gives the manager a good start to his tenure by announcing that all the shites nobody likes have left. lol

The new boss should ring Elvis and tell him "he's looking forward to working with him".

Then, after Elvis has done a couple of warm up laps, whack him round the knees with a spade and give him a one way train ticket to Leeds.

The new boss should ring Elvis and tell him "he's looking forward to working with him".

Then, after Elvis has done a couple of warm up laps, whack him round the knees with a spade and give him a one way train ticket to Leeds.

Why don't you whack him round the knes yourself - and see if he whacks you back. Cos my betting is he'd knocjk seven bells out of you.

What is this - have a go at Hammond week?.

Like I've just told Stuhill. Why don't you have a go at Fryatt and Maybury and Douglas and Horsfield and all the other arseholes who did sod all for their wages.

I can think of a lot of people should go before Hammond.

Why don't you whack him round the knes yourself - and see if he whacks you back. Cos my betting is he'd knocjk seven bells out of you.

Like I've just told Stuhill. Why don't you have a go at Fryatt and Maybury and Douglas and Horsfield and all the other arseholes who did sod all for their wages.

Elvis would be able to catch Roy but the problem is once he gets there he wont know what to do. For starters his blistering pace will probably take him about 30 yards beyond him and he`ll be, well, offiside. Once he is in position he`ll grab his banjo but wont be able to his Roy or a cows arse and he will miss by 6 yards.

Still, he is only nearly 27 and can improve lol

You'd lose that bet Thracian. I'm no prize fighter and im out of shape but I am 6ft 2 and I'm certain Elvis wouldnt knock seven bells out of me even if I cant punch my way out of a paper bag.

Why are you defending a crap player? Do you think he has a future at the club?

You may like to fantasize how one day certain players will break into the team and show everyone how brilliant they are but Elvis aint one of them.

Maybe I was a little cruel with the spade but lets just say that I dont rate Elvis Hammond and in my opinion it would be best if he left the club. Or do you still have a problem with my opinion?

You'd lose that bet Thracian. I'm no prize fighter and im out of shape but I am 6ft 2 and I'm certain Elvis wouldnt knock seven bells out of me even if I cant punch my way out of a paper bag.

You may like to fantasize how one day certain players will break into the team and show everyone how brilliant they are but Elvis aint one of them.

Maybe I was a little cruel with the spade but lets just say that I dont rate Elvis Hammond and in my opinion it would be best if he left the club. Or do you still have a problem with my opinion?

Because he's right and without Elvis we would probably in League 1. His goals have been useful and in the meantime all the talented heroes have done zilch.

There you go.

PS- I'm 6 foot.

Elvis has fitted nicely into that category of striker best described as "crap, but sometimes useful".

Ian Ormondroyd, Trevor Benjamin and Bobby Davison were previous title-holders. They were basically extremely limited forwards, but they just got on with it.

He's never really let anyone down - he came with no reputation, and he'll leave without one as well in due course.

Elvis has fitted nicely into that category of striker best described as "crap, but sometimes useful".

Ian Ormondroyd, Trevor Benjamin and Bobby Davison were previous title-holders. They were basically extremely limited forwards, but they just got on with it.

He's never really let anyone down - he came with no reputation, and he'll leave without one as well in due course.

:worship:

So Elvis isnt crap?

You're deluded.

Why are you telling me you're 6 foot? What are you gonna do?

I'm agreeing with Thracian that he has not done as badly as one thinks. Plus the fact that he is crap (but the whole point is he has been our second most effective striker this year). Before Horsefield, Fryatt, O'Grady and when you compare goals/game ratio you'll see Hammond has done his bit.

Don't even try to think I like Elvis. He should go but not before people realise there are even worse wankers than him at this club. Credit due so he's semi-shit league 1 player. Douglas wouldn't even make it at Tamworth. Horsefield is clinging on to dear life to play with a league club. In 6 months he changed allegiance three times, pledging his future with us, Bristol and recently again with Sheffield.

Because he's right and without Elvis we would probably in League 1. His goals have been useful and in the meantime all the talented heroes have done zilch.

There you go.

PS- I'm 6 foot.

True and at least Elvis, like Akinbiyi, had enthusiasm. Not saying Elvis is a great player, but he has scored so many important goals this year!!

I'll have a pop at him!

I'm no fighter (no matter how much Chandler wishes to find out) but judging by Elvis' lack of a sense of direction and his inability to complete a move I reckon I'm quite safe. :thumbup:

Sure Douglas needs to go, and the Hors will have gone already - but for the love of God Thracian, Hammond has been the footballing equivalent of a labrador puppy...and, quite frankly, I am sick of him shitting on our carpet.

I don't have a problem with your opinion at all providing we get a better replacement and that would apply to many of our players.

I just get fed up of him being the butt of people's piss-taking when there are others - several others - who really deserve the stick and who, with greater perceived ability (in some fans eyes) made nothing like the contribution that Elvis did.

I find it much easier to like players with limited talent who give 100% rather than talented players who do **** all to justify their wages. Hammond is no world beater it's true, but there are more useless players than him at the club.

Simon

Trevor Benjamin is 5 times the player Elvis Hammond will ever be.

I quite like the idea of someone hitting him with a spade.

I've seen Elvis once or twice in town and there is no way he could beat off anyone over 9 stone.

Trev Benj on the other hand, I wouldn't fancy my chances, could probably knock you out with 1 swing of his dion dublin sized loin

Elvis tried for us and I think he did his best unfortunatly that wasn't really good enough. Anyway the mass cull will happen on 29th May and the news will be released at 11:24 am, well thats my prediction.

Surely no 'mass cull' will be able to occur until a permanent manager is in place. As MM has pointed out on a few occasions, this won't be any time soon, so don't hold your breath!

Mandaric is likely to be in charge of that this summer. The manager will be responsible for the rest i.e. outlining kind of player he expects.

There you go.

PS- I'm 6 foot.

Thats got to be one of the funniest statements Ive read on here!

I would much rather have tried one of the kids than play Elvis. Yes he scored a few useful goals but you have to look at the bigger picture and see what he didnt do in the other games he featured in. I have only probably seen us about 12-15 times this season but when I have seen Elvis he brings little in the way of linking up with team mates, a final pass or keeping himself onside so that our ball retention is good and that we can play in the opposition half.

For this club to move on the likes of Elvis should be packed off to D2 because I doubt he`ll get a club from D1 coming in for him.

Archived