Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertboy

dodds has offer made to him !

ok I will elaborate

part b ) but thats another story.........

keeping the forum in the dark then tells it all later......usual tactic and I find it annoying

All I can say is that while Dodds and Kelly were, lets just say, "not bosom buddies", Kelly, I understand, communicated at some length with Dodds when he left and expressed his best wishes, belief in his ability and confidence in him for the future.

I think Dodds, while perhaps surprised, appreciated that, hence my belief that he might have modified his opinion.

As I also said, he might simply have wished to be diplomatic on the subject because while he's not been happy about his lack of opportunities at Leicester this last season, and had been expecting to move elsewhere, the new offer has, I think, taken him aback somewhat and made him realise - whether he takes the offer or not - that the club still believe he can have a future here.

The truth of the above is indicated by the fact that even Richard Stearman clearly thought he was leaving and, of course, Dodds had already had, or arranged, talks with other clubs.

All I can say is that while Dodds and Kelly were, lets just say, "not bosom buddies", Kelly, I understand, communicated at some length with Dodds when he left and expressed his best wishes, belief in his ability and confidence in him for the future.

I think Dodds, while perhaps surprised, appreciated that, hence my belief that he might have modified his opinion.

As I also said, he might simply have wished to be diplomatic on the subject because while he's not been happy about his lack of opportunities at Leicester this last season, and had been expecting to move elsewhere, the new offer has, I think, taken him aback somewhat and made him realise - whether he takes the offer or not - that the club still believe he can have a future here.

The truth of the above is indicated by the fact that even Richard Stearman clearly thought he was leaving and, of course, Dodds had already had, or arranged, talks with other clubs.

Good back-tracking. Doesn't convince me though Thracian.

Seems you're going for the 'If I have enough theories - one will prove to be right' approach.

Expect better of you than that.

Good back-tracking. Doesn't convince me though Thracian.

Seems you're going for the 'If I have enough theories - one will prove to be right' approach.

Expect better of you than that.

I cannot imagine a more fruitless exercise than concerning myself with whether you're convinced about anything or not.

You will think what you wish.

This fact or guess work? :dunno:

Okay Thracian. I'll play too.

I knew this was happening all along. I found it out from a significant person in Louis' personal life over four years ago.

Thinking about it, I should have created three or four vague, ambiguous threads about this MASSIVE news without ever revealing anything whatsoever.

Enough already! (said with best yiddish accent)

I wrote to Thracian before this thread was started about another matter but I did ask about his "mystery". He replied in confidence with the same information about Dodds as he has posted here.

Is there any point of signing him, can anyone honestly say they believe Dodds will become an established first choice striker who is scoring 15 goals a season within the next year or so? Having watched him on the odd occasion I beleive he is no more extra special than strikers at League 2 level for instance, which is why he was farmed out on loan to Rochdale where he hardly excelled. I'm sure the lad will be a lot better in years to come but is it worth all of this comotion. The best thing for him IMO would be to go to a League 2 club and score goals on a regualr basis. If this happens he is bound to attract deserved interest.

Is there any point of signing him, can anyone honestly say they believe Dodds will become an established first choice striker who is scoring 15 goals a season within the next year or so? Having watched him on the odd occasion I beleive he is no more extra special than strikers at League 2 level for instance, which is why he was farmed out on loan to Rochdale where he hardly excelled. I'm sure the lad will be a lot better in years to come but is it worth all of this comotion. The best thing for him IMO would be to go to a League 2 club and score goals on a regualr basis. If this happens he is bound to attract deserved interest.

Dodds scored 1 goal in 4 (starting) apperances with the mighty Rochdale - worth keeping on.

Foxes Release Five

Leicester City have today confirmed that they will not be offering new contracts to five members of their first team squad.

Danny Tiatto, Andy Johnson, Scott Lycett, Danny Cadamarteri and Nisse Johansson (pictured) have all been handed free transfers.

The club would like to place on record their thanks to all five players.

Meanwhile, the club have offered young striker Louis Dodds a new one-year deal.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...1028020,00.html

Can see this being a Stephen Dawson episode though. I think Dodds will go, he knows deep down he'll struggle to make it here.

Dodds will sign his one year deal at Leicester.

But if he's not part of the squad straight away Notts County want him on loan for six months with a recall clause.

Which all makes good sense from everyone's point of view.

And means he'll be close to home for his hopefully happy day in September.

Dodds will sign his one year deal at Leicester.

But if he's not part of the squad straight away Notts County want him on loan for six months with a recall clause.

Which all makes good sense from everyone's point of view.

Agreed. That sounds perfect to me. I still want him to get a chance unless we sign two strikers of real quality.

I don't see the point in keep signing him to be farmed out on loan again. What is the point? He has been on loan enough times to let us see whether he is good enough or not. We should sign him and involve him in the first team squad or if we don't think he is good enough let him start a career with someone else. I just see another loan move as a pointless charade. If he comes back with a hatful of goals people will say it is only League 2 and if he struggles people will say he has poor players around him. We won't learn anything until he palys consistently in this league.

I don't see the point in keep signing him to be farmed out on loan again. What is the point? He has been on loan enough times to let us see whether he is good enough or not. We should sign him and involve him in the first team squad or if we don't think he is good enough let him start a career with someone else. I just see another loan move as a pointless charade. If he comes back with a hatful of goals people will say it is only League 2 and if he struggles people will say he has poor players around him. We won't learn anything until he palys consistently in this league.

Dodds has pre-season to fight his way into the squad. If he fails to do that, for whatever reason, it means that instead of doing pre-season and then standing idle he will stay fit and keep developing his skills at a slightly higher level than has been the case so far.

Despite the cynicism, there is no question that Dodds is a prolific goalscorer at the levels he has mostly played so far. He even had a decent pre-season for Leicester last year but RK's declared policy was to stick with experience up front.

This meant Dodds lost the benefit of pre-season training and, with there being no reserve team the whole impetus of his season was gone. His spell at Northwich only enabled him to regain sharpness he had lost and even his later spell at Rochdale was hindered by his having to regain sharpness and then by a niggling leg injury.

No-one is suggesting Dodds has finished developing as a player and Leicester have clearly recognised this saying he's got another year to make his mark and a period of that, if he doesn't break into our first team anyway, may be spent at Notts County where they can assess his achievements from a fit and sharp start, ensure he keeps match fit and City can recall him should the need arise.

Seems fair all round to me. Dodds gets chance to be part of the Leicester adventure but will also get plenty of football at a time in his career when doing nothing is not a welcome option and playing reserve football will not improve him.

I'm not too displeased with this, despite it looking pretty bizarre on paper. Give him a pre-season under the new manager, he might like what he sees; if not, it's no real loss.

Again, it begs a question. He must be rated very, very highly by somebody at the club who has persuaded Mandaric to give him this new contract despite his seeming failure to raise his game a level.. the question being, if he's so highly rated, why on earth has he not had a chance here during what must have been the most mediocre period in the history of the clubs strikeforce?

I'm not too displeased with this, despite it looking pretty bizarre on paper. Give him a pre-season under the new manager, he might like what he sees; if not, it's no real loss.

Again, it begs a question. He must be rated very, very highly by somebody at the club who has persuaded Mandaric to give him this new contract despite his seeming failure to raise his game a level.. the question being, if he's so highly rated, why on earth has he not had a chance here during what must have been the most mediocre period in the history of the clubs strikeforce?

pretty much my opinion also , he has a good goalscoring record and along with decent management and good coaching the lad MAY well go on and be a decent championship striker , i know his spells on loan were pretty fruitless but maybe the lad needs a bit of time to adjust to league football . good luck louis

as for these debates , have we not seen this all before with sheehan . when he made his debut every fan was happy to see it , fans love a home grown kid coming through , this until thrach went over the top and mentioned him in every post he made building the lad up so much that when he had a nightmare vs crewe we all laced sheehan but more importantly it was getting back at thrach who had placed him so high .

this is happening again , i can see people willing louis to fail ! lets get behind the lad because i personally think he can breakthrough here , and ok maybe we will have to accept a few i told you so s !!!

pretty much my opinion also , he has a good goalscoring record and along with decent management and good coaching the lad MAY well go on and be a decent championship striker , i know his spells on loan were pretty fruitless but maybe the lad needs a bit of time to adjust to league football . good luck louis

as for these debates , have we not seen this all before with sheehan . when he made his debut every fan was happy to see it , fans love a home grown kid coming through , this until thrach went over the top and mentioned him in every post he made building the lad up so much that when he had a nightmare vs crewe we all laced sheehan but more importantly it was getting back at thrach who had placed him so high .

this is happening again , i can see people willing louis to fail ! lets get behind the lad because i personally think he can breakthrough here , and ok maybe we will have to accept a few i told you so s !!!

It's a nice theory - and there is undoubtedly some truth in it - except that the "see what happens when you play kids against grown ups" attitude was in black and white on this forum long before I arrived.

I'm not the first to mention promising young players, Dawson was going to be the next Roy Keane, but wasn't and Tommy Wright promised so much then faded. Those names are now mentioned as a warning - and almost an excuse for refusing to get excited about any young player.

You could, of course, do the same but in far more depth with older players. Has there been more than a handful who haven't been disappointing these last three years?

I was by no means the only one who thought Sheehan looked a good player before his sending off, his exile, his subsequent groin and other injuries. And, at the time he was showing some form, we needed an attacking left-back and have done ever since, really.

Sheehan got mentioned as the best we had available partly because our managers saw fit not to go and get another, apart from the disaster that was Paul Gilbert.

Dodds is similar. His logical progress would would have been a gradual introduction from the bench but we struggled for so long for goals (apart from Hume) that there's no doubt in my mind that a fit Dodds would have been an improvement.

It is only others who like to pretend that suggesting someone might be better than what we were using should somehow equate to their being suggested as world beaters.

And it was one of those same cynics who wrote the line about "buying more old uns" around the time we got relegated under Adams.

Even since then I don't think our old uns have been the best advert for such a statement.

Besides wanting Louis Dodds to fail just to hit back at me - or perhaps to save face over the continual pushing of Matty Fryatt is pretty pathetic anyway, wouldn't you say?

At least I can honestly say I want everyone to succeed.

It's a nice theory - and there is undoubtedly some truth in it - except that the "see what happens when you play kids against grown ups" attitude was in black and white on this forum long before I arrived.

I'm not the first to mention promising young players, Dawson was going to be the next Roy Keane, but wasn't and Tommy Wright promised so much then faded. Those names are now mentioned as a warning - and almost an excuse for refusing to get excited about any young player.

You could, of course, do the same but in far more depth with older players. Has there been more than a handful who haven't been disappointing these last three years?

I was by no means the only one who thought Sheehan looked a good player before his sending off, his exile, his subsequent groin and other injuries. And, at the time he was showing some form, we needed an attacking left-back and have done ever since, really.

Sheehan got mentioned as the best we had available partly because our managers saw fit not to go and get another, apart from the disaster that was Paul Gilbert.

Dodds is similar. His logical progress would would have been a gradual introduction from the bench but we struggled for so long for goals (apart from Hume) that there's no doubt in my mind that a fit Dodds would have been an improvement.

It is only others who like to pretend that suggesting someone might be better than what we were using should somehow equate to their being suggested as world beaters.

And it was one of those same cynics who wrote the line about "buying more old uns" around the time we got relegated under Adams.

Even since then I don't think our old uns have been the best advert for such a statement.

Besides wanting Louis Dodds to fail just to hit back at me - or perhaops to save face over the continual pushing of Matty Fryatt is pretty pathetic anyway, wouldn't you say?

At least I can honestly say I want everyone to succeed.

:yawn:

Dodds had a gang that he called the Manygrams,

He was known as Smack Jack the Crackerman,

In life he was dealt some shit hands,

But the boys' got it back now

And Tee-Jay went the same way as Micky and Dan

Dependent mans upon the heroin

And man, Lisa had a baby with Sam,

And now Dodds on his own man

Archived