Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Bruno N'Gotty

Two years is a bit of a worry... but to be honest, it's probably that we're willing to offer him those two years that makes him likely to join us, rather than stick around for a year at Birmingham in the premiership.

Still, Martindaric knows best. :ph34r:

He's 36. What you think?

We should ask him after the press conference straightaway:

"Hey Bruno!"

"Yeh, whas ees it?"

*Looks menacingly at the two poopey LCFC fans*

"Err... Can I have your autograph?"

"Ya, bien sûr."

a quote from The Mirror this morning:

"French veteran defender Bruno N'Gotty, 36 this summer, is leaving promoted Birmingham city and is ready to sign for managerless Leicester"

:unsure:

Who would you play him with Kisnorbo or Mcauley :whistle:

Why not 2 years? Anyone of that age looks for length of contract rather than money so the only way we can get players like this is to offer them more than a year. We're not going to get promoted at the first attempt, N'Gotty will easily last 2 more seasons in this division. Please just trust MM/MA's judgement on this......

Quite pleased with this.

he may be old but the difference between now and when Mickay Adams was signing pensioners is that the players we're linked with now have at least been quality and at the top of the game. There's a bit of a difference between Bruno N'Gotty and Craig Hignet

Link

N'Gotty calls time on Blues careerJun 2 2007

By Colin Tattum, Birmingham Mail

BRUNO N'Gotty is expected to join Leicester City on Monday after opting not to extend his contract at Blues.

The veteran defender had the right to trigger a clause that entitled him to another 12 months at St Andrew's due to Blues' promotion.

But he has informed the club that he is to ply his trade elsewhere, and the Foxes are prepared to hand him a two-year deal.

N'Gotty, who is 36 in eight days' time, joined Blues on a free transfer from Bolton Wanderers last summer.

Fckin shite, I'm very disillusioned with our early moves in the close season transfer market.

Quite pleased with this.

he may be old but the difference between now and when Mickay Adams was signing pensioners is that the players we're linked with now have at least been quality and at the top of the game. There's a bit of a difference between Bruno N'Gotty and Craig Hignet

Yes Hignett scored a vital equaliser against Arsenal and despite barely appearing gave the energy of somebody half his age, can't see it with this fat lump.

For crying out loud, we have already tried this division by playing youngsters and have nearly been relegated twice. The only way to do well in this division with young players is if you have millions and millions to spend. We don't. Live with it.

Basically putting off the inevitable then.

I just thought we had more ambition than signing players like this.

like signing players who won promotion last season for example.......oh, hang on.

Josh Low won promotion with Northampton, means very little.

You could have stuck me in that team and Brum still would have won promotion.

oh come on, that's got nothing to do with it. That's laughable. Different league in every sense of the word.

oh come on, that's got nothing to do with it. That's laughable. Different league in every sense of the word.

Ok I agree bad example, but IMO I'm not sure attempting to sign N'Gotty will be a step forward. I'm just find it strange we are going for big(ish) names who are old, free and available when it clearly hasn't worked before. As some members like to remind me, signing the likes of Keown and Dublin were mistakes, I just don't see the difference between them and the likes of N'Gotty and De Zeeuw. However if they come I'll obviously support them and hope they do well but I just can't see it working.

Archived