Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Karljohn

5 Released...

Foxes Release Five

Leicester City have today confirmed that they will not be offering new contracts to five members of their first team squad.

Danny Tiatto, Andy Johnson, Scott Lycett, Danny Cadamarteri and Nisse Johansson (pictured) have all been handed free transfers.

The club would like to place on record their thanks to all five players.

Meanwhile, the club have offered young striker Louis Dodds a new one-year deal.

So these players are officially gone?

We knew Nils, Twatto and AJ were going anyway.

I would like to have kept Cada but hopefully much better players are on the horizon.

If it's on the OS, it's as official as it's likely to get.

About time we released some players, really, everyone else shipped out their shite at least a week ago. ^_^

I would have rather kept Cadamarteri and told Dodds to sling his hook instead.

Hear hear. We should have kept Cadamarteri at least until a permanent manager gets to see him in training. Not big news, hopefully we will actually be pro-active in clearing out the shite in the squad.

I must say the Cadamarteri decision surprised me. I'd have thought there was other slack to be taken up ahead of him but he's been a long time threatening to be a good player yet has never quite delivered more than briefly.

Yet having signed him we saw so little of him. You'd perhaps understand it had he done nothing but he invariably had some sort of positive impact and considering the ineptitude of Horsfield, Fryatt etc I was surprised we didn't see more of him.

To me he looked to have the brain and touch of a footballer and I can only wonder if he simply couldn't find the stamina to make sufficient impact over 90 minutes. Ah well, he's history now, for sure.

I'm glad to see Dodds given another year...no, really I am.

Another season of Thracian bigging up this wonderkid only to be humiliated when he goes out on loan to Brentford and bags 2 goals in his 3 month spell. ;)

Loving it.

I'm glad to see Dodds given another year...no, really I am.

Another season of Thracian bigging up this wonderkid only to be humiliated when he goes out on loan to Brentford and bags 2 goals in his 3 month spell. ;)

Loving it.

I can't imagine ever having suggested Dodds was a wonderkid but as you're the person who said Fryatt was "a sensation" last season I don't think I've got anything to answer for in terms of misguided sensationalism.

In fact I won a bet for 2006/2007 about Fryatt's likely goalscoring - by a distance even I didn't expect - and making that bet said it all about how sensational he ever was.

Anyone, of course can make a mistake but when it comes to the pot calling the kettle about different players this is the quote I really like...

Speaking of the man you defended blindly until it became an embarrassment, even to youself, you said:

"Well done Rob Kelly, sounds like 2 promising signings......."

And the subjects? Andy Johnson and Josh Low!. Thank God you'll never be our chief scout. :D

I really wouldn't have brought either instance up but you really do like to take the mickey at other people's expense.

We could, of course, all delve back and find comments that seem ridiculous in retrospect - but sure as the seasons, I didn't start this nonsense.

PS: I had to read the post when you mentioned being "glad" about an ex-Academy player being given another year's contract. I couldn't believe it and knew there had to be a catch - and there it was.!

And, by the way, I'd still back Dodds to score more goals than Fryatt next season wherever the two of them happen to play.

With reference to another thread...

ANISH: YOU GOT OWNED!!!

You've obviously not seen Thracian's previous proclamations.

Besides, I wasn't the only person who thought Johnson might be a good signing.

Thracian - there's not point digging up other people's posts, you've spouted garbage ever since you started posting here with things like Connolly is worth £10 million, O'Grady would be a quality centre back because of his size, and least of all your obssession with Alan Sheehan (and that's just off the top of my head). Many others have exposed you for the hypocrite that you are, and at least I'll admit when I am wrong.

Thracian - there's not point digging up other people's posts, you've spouted garbage ever since you started posting here with things like Connolly is worth £10 million, O'Grady would be a quality centre back because of his size, and least of all your obssession with Alan Sheehan (and that's just off the top of my head). Many others have exposed you for the hypocrite that you are, and at least I'll admit when I am wrong.

Anish is right.

The Connolly comment in particular was ridiculous.

I also enjoyed the recent Rooney/Hammond comparison too! There was also a ridiculous one about Saha.

So my suggestion Thracian.. is that you don't go in to this!

As I said at the time about Connolly - when others would have given him away for £1m - you can always come down on a quoted price but you can't go up. And what was he worth seeing he helped the team he went to go up whereas the one he left nearly went down.

As you well know I retracted the comment about O'Grady straight away, given the input of someone who knew him, and if Sheehan ever gets properly fit and over the injuries Porter's referred to, he remains an excellent attacking left-back.

No-one said you were the only person who thought Johnson a good player - or even Kelly a good manager. It's just that most of the others don't insist on taking the piss out of everyone else's view.

As for admitting you're wrong that's very commendable considering the number of times you need to do it.

As for admitting you're wrong that's very commendable considering the number of times you need to do it.

:laugh: Sorry Anish - but that was a cracking line.

You just got owned again. :laugh:

Anish is right.

The Connolly comment in particular was ridiculous.

I also enjoyed the recent Rooney/Hammond comparison too! There was also a ridiculous one about Saha.

So my suggestion Thracian.. is that you don't go in to this!

You're clutching at straws as usual - I might have compared Rooney and Hammond for some reason but it would only have been for illustrative purposes.

Archived