Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shauno45

Coleman ruled out!

wtf im so disapointed in milans decision here. You have Warnock, a manager with a mouth far too big, whose had one season in the Premier League (the promised land to us at the mo) and failed. You have Coleman on the other hand whose done it season after season at Fulham with his best players being sold, the pressure of a millionaire and a small budget.

ill be so disapointed with Warnock.

What is the matter with all you boring farts,warnock is crazy but its beter than having some yes man who would bore the arse off me.Hes got good experience in getting out of this league and everyone hates us anyway and we shouldnt give a stuff about that.

We'll have to alter the figures a bit if it's Warnock then. He was bottling it as far back as when we went up under Micky Adams. In fact, I'll go so far as to say I think Craig Levein would have got us up after 8 seasons if he'd had the same patience and financial backing as Warnock has at Sheffield United.

I don't believe it's as simple as saying "he did that there so there's a better chance he'll do it here too" but, if the same was to happen here as happened at Sheffield United, would you accept more than five more seasons in the Championship? Not that it will come to that because he'll retire in a couple of years after we've finished 10th and then lost in the play-off semis the following year.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat the fact he got barely any financial backing from the board until the 2004/2005 season.

Of course it's not as simple as "he did that there so there's a better chance he'll do it here too"... but... looking at it from MM's point of view hiring someone like him will seem less of a risk than hiring a manager that hasn't done it. That's what I believe he will think.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat the fact he got barely any financial backing from the board until the 2004/2005 season.

Of course it's not as simple as "he did that there so there's a better chance he'll do it here too"... but... looking at it from MM's point of view hiring someone like him will seem less of a risk than hiring a manager that hasn't done it. That's what I believe he will think.

Fair play, I haven't read an awful lot on the forums in the past week or so, I appreciate you have probably faced similar points before.

Oh and i'd again like to point out he's far from the top of my list.

Again, fair play. I just have it bad for Warnock in particular (not in a sexual way).

I've sat back and read this thread for the past few days, and I agree with what Babylon has been saying, basically everything that he has said.

Unlucky Babylon. :ph34r:

I've sat back and read this thread for the past few days, and I agree with what Babylon has been saying, basically everything that he has said.

Agreed and he's very well spoken as well. :thumbup:

I'd imagine he is very much looking at people with experience in this league, Premier experience doesn't matter a blooming bit because we aren't even in that league.

Fair play, I haven't read an awful lot on the forums in the past week or so, I appreciate you have probably faced similar points before.

Again, fair play. I just have it bad for Warnock in particular (not in a sexual way).

Unlucky Babylon. :ph34r:

100 percent fox (worked for radio leicester) reckons it's Allen anyway!!! See foxfanzine.

I am not to disappointed to be fair I think people got confused with Colemans personality and his ability!! the bloke's a serial moaner who was not treated as harshly as some people think and different to what some people say he had money!! this season he has spent more than many premiership managers and still produced a crap team!!

Coleman always came out with this sob story of no money BUT spent well over £20million in his time there!! he spent WELL over £10million this season alone!!

Bullard 2.5million

Davies 2.5million

Quodrue 3million

Runstrom 700000

Zaukuni 1.5million (who??)

and that's not even taking into account the signings of highly rated Dempsey and Smertin which were undisclosed and the loan signings of Montella, Routledge and others you could easily and I mean easily say that Colemans transfer budget this season alone was well over £20million!! which is probably bigger that alot of premiership managers had to spend this season

one player on £20000 a week is a million a year and I bet the likes of Quodrue and Bullard are on more than that and I would say someone like Montella was probably on 30-40000 a week

Now if that's NOT being given money than I don't know what is he spent more money than probably half the premier league this season and still failed!

I am not to disappointed to be fair I think people got confused with Colemans personality and his ability!! the bloke's a serial moaner who was not treated as harshly as some people think and different to what some people say he had money!! this season he has spent more than many premiership managers and still produced a crap team!!

Coleman always came out with this sob story of no money BUT spent well over £20million in his time there!! he spent WELL over £10million this season alone!!

Bullard 2.5million

Davies 2.5million

Quodrue 3million

Runstrom 700000

and that's not even taking into account the signings of highly rated Dempsey and Smertin which were undisclosed and the loan signings of Montella, Routledge and others you could easily and I mean easily say that Colemans transfer budget this season alone was well over £20million!! which is probably bigger that alot of premiership managers had to spend this season

one player on £20000 a week is a million a year and I bet the likes of Quodrue and Bullard are on more than that and I would say someone like Montella was probably on 30-40000 a week

Now if that's NOT being given money than I don't know what is he spent more money than probably half the premier league this season and still failed!

:worship:

Bullard 2.5million

Davies 2.5million

Quodrue 3million

Runstrom 700000

I take your points but Bullard was their big signing in the summer and then he f**ked his leg in about the fourth or fifth game I think after already impressing and scoring in his first few games and didn't play again all season. Davies only arrived in January didn't he? Runstrom was just a guy who was signed for the future who has been loaned out to Luton. Zakuani I haven't seen play so I don't know why they spent that much on him because I'm sure Orient would have accepted a lower bid than that for someone who was never really pursued by a whole host of clubs from what I could work out at the time. I always liked Queudrue at Middlesbrough and that seemed like a decent buy. Dempsey, Smertin, Montella and Routledge are all good signings on paper.

I still don't think he had that much financial backing relative to the outgoing money and relative to the spending by clubs such as Newcastle and Aston Villa.

---

As for the bit in bold, well - plucking a name out of the air.... Neil Warnock. :P

In: David Sommeil (Manchester City, free); Claude Davis (Preston North End, £3million); Christian Nade (Troyes, free); Mikele Leigertwood (Crystal Palace, £600,000); Li Tie (Everton, free); Rob Hulse (Leeds United, £2.1million); Ian Bennett (Leeds United, undisclosed), Matthew Kilgallon (Leeds United, £1.75million); Jon Stead (Sunderland, £750,000), Mamadou Seck (Le Havre, free); Luton Shelton (Helsingborgs IF, £2million); Ahmed Fathi (Ismaily, £700,000)

I make that around £11million.

I take your points but Bullard was their big signing in the summer and then he f**ked his leg in about the fourth or fifth game I think after already impressing and scoring in his first few games and didn't play again all season. Davies only arrived in January didn't he? Runstrom was just a guy who was signed for the future who has been loaned out to Luton. Zakuani I haven't seen play so I don't know why they spent that much on him because I'm sure Orient would have accepted a lower bid than that for someone who was never really pursued by a whole host of clubs from what I could work out at the time. I always liked Queudrue at Middlesbrough and that seemed like a decent buy. Dempsey, Smertin, Montella and Routledge are all good signings on paper.

I still don't think he had that much financial backing relative to the outgoing money and relative to the spending by clubs such as Newcastle and Aston Villa.

---

As for the bit in bold, well - plucking a name out of the air.... Neil Warnock. :P

In: David Sommeil (Manchester City, free); Claude Davis (Preston North End, £3million); Christian Nade (Troyes, free); Mikele Leigertwood (Crystal Palace, £600,000); Li Tie (Everton, free); Rob Hulse (Leeds United, £2.1million); Ian Bennett (Leeds United, undisclosed), Matthew Kilgallon (Leeds United, £1.75million); Jon Stead (Sunderland, £750,000), Mamadou Seck (Le Havre, free); Luton Shelton (Helsingborgs IF, £2million); Ahmed Fathi (Ismaily, £700,000)

I make that around £11million.

Some of them are from the season before. He spent £7850000 this season and finished one point behind fulham.

Who?

Sheff Utd's transfers in 2005/2006

Players in

Player From Fee Date

Craig Short Blackburn Free 29-06-2005

Gary Mulligan Wolves Free 03-07-2005

Karl Nix Aston Villa Free 05-07-2005

Neil Shipperley C Palace Free 20-07-2005

Keith Gillespie Leicester Free 05-08-2005

David Unsworth Portsmouth Free 22-08-2005

Brian Deane Perth Glory Free 23-12-2005

Garry Flitcroft Blackburn Free 12-01-2006

Ade Akinbiyi Burnley £1750000 26-01-2006

Bruce Dyer Stoke Free 26-01-2006

Chris Lucketti Preston £300000 11-05-2006

David Sommeil Man City Free 24-05-2006

Geoff Horsfield West Brom £1200000 24-05-2006

Claude Davis Preston £2500000 14-06-2006

Christian Nade Troyes Free 27-06-2006

Total: £5750000

Sheff Utd's transfers in 2006/2007

Players in

Player From Fee Date

Mikele Leigertwood C Palace £600000 04-07-2006

Rob Hulse Leeds £2200000 26-07-2006

Li Tie Everton Free 01-08-2006

Ian Bennett Leeds Free 20-08-2006

Colin Kazim-Richards Brighton Signed 31-08-2006

Matthew Kilgallon Leeds £1750000 09-01-2007

Jon Stead Sunderland £750000 11-01-2007

Mamadou Seck Le Havre Free 16-01-2007

Luton Shelton Helsingborgs £1850000 25-01-2007

Ahmed Fathi Ismaily £700000 25-01-2007

Total: £7850000

Players in

Player From Fee Date

Chris Lucketti Preston £300000 11-05-2006

David Sommeil Man City Free 24-05-2006

Geoff Horsfield West Brom £1200000 24-05-2006

Claude Davis Preston £2500000 14-06-2006

Christian Nade Troyes Free 27-06-2006

Total: £5750000

Sheff Utd's transfers in 2006/2007

Players in

Player From Fee Date

Mikele Leigertwood C Palace £600000 04-07-2006

Rob Hulse Leeds £2200000 26-07-2006

Li Tie Everton Free 01-08-2006

Ian Bennett Leeds Free 20-08-2006

Colin Kazim-Richards Brighton Signed 31-08-2006

Matthew Kilgallon Leeds £1750000 09-01-2007

Jon Stead Sunderland £750000 11-01-2007

Mamadou Seck Le Havre Free 16-01-2007

Luton Shelton Helsingborgs £1850000 25-01-2007

Ahmed Fathi Ismaily £700000 25-01-2007

Total: £7850000

14th June! So if we sign someone before that, it counts as a signing made in the season just gone? lol I'd prefer to work in transfer windows so as to take into account the fact a player might as well be signed on 1st June as 1st August, he's still a summer signing that has been signed to play for the season starting that summer. It seems I over-egged my figures slightly on the two fees that my source had down as undisclosed but he's still spent more than £10million.

Oh and really, I should be adding Horsfield to my list now!! lol lol lol

14th June! So if we sign someone before that, it counts as a signing made in the season just gone? lol I'd prefer to work in transfer windows so as to take into account the fact a player might as well be signed on 1st June as 1st August, he's still a summer signing that has been signed to play for the season starting that summer. It seems I over-egged my figures slightly on the two fees that my source had down as undisclosed but he's still spent more than £10million.

Oh and really, I should be adding Horsfield to my list now!! lol lol lol

lol I should really have looked at the dates. That's what you get for trusting others.

Players in

Player From Fee Date

Sorry, something else I've just noticed. How many of this mob are over 30? I make it 8 out of the 10 and the other two are kids that have never played for Sheffield United's first team.

I'm fairly neutral on this but I'd love to see how FT reacts if we sign eight players over the age of 30 this summer!

Sorry, something else I've just noticed. How many of this mob are over 30? I make it 8 out of the 10 and the other two are kids that have never played for Sheffield United's first team.

I'm fairly neutral on this but I'd love to see how FT reacts if we sign eight players over the age of 30 this summer!

If they were top I doubt they'd care!!

Their current squad only has 5 over 30, including two goalkeepers.

wtf im so disapointed in milans decision here. You have Warnock, a manager with a mouth far too big, whose had one season in the Premier League (the promised land to us at the mo) and failed. You have Coleman on the other hand whose done it season after season at Fulham with his best players being sold, the pressure of a millionaire and a small budget.

ill be so disapointed with Warnock.

coleman has done nothing in this division, I have seen little from coleman that tells me he can get a side promoted from this division.

seems you dont like warnock because of his personality people need to get round personality issues and look beyond it.

Archived