Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shauno45

Coleman ruled out!

I can see why a lot of people dont want warnock but what are we expecting, we are a championsgip side, people talk bout us as if we are a prem team, yeah we have the stadium and the fans but we dont have the squad capable of doing anything unless thats if we invest this summer.... i think warnock could do a job for us.... like i said before hes hated because he says what most people would love to say or what people are to scared to say... Im not saying hes the "Special One" But he can give people a kick up the ass.... The only doubt i have is the passion, i mean hes a sheffield lad aint he.... a die hard Blades Boy.... Lets see shall we....i hear people mentioning Tigana??? Could be a good move with regards to big name players!!!

Im really surprised no one has really mentioned Gary Johnson as a possibility for being our next manager. He is well respected within the game, has bags of experience, has had lots of promotions, tries to play decent passing football and by all accounts is very shrewd in the transfer market. The only negative I can think of against him is that he hasnt managed at the top level in England. But neither did O'Neill or Little before they came to Leicester. Plus he has had international management experience with Latvia, and in that time, probably pitted his wits against some of the worlds best players and managers.

Should be a definate contender, sort it out Milan !! ;)

Im really surprised no one has really mentioned Gary Johnson as a possibility for being our next manager. He is well respected within the game, has bags of experience, has had lots of promotions, tries to play decent passing football and by all accounts is very shrewd in the transfer market. The only negative I can think of against him is that he hasnt managed at the top level in England. But neither did O'Neill or Little before they came to Leicester. Plus he has had international management experience with Latvia, and in that time, probably pitted his wits against some of the worlds best players and managers.

Who does he manage?? Brain is dead... :mellow:

he should be on the shortlist yeh, but he's (or his wife) quite attached to the south west and they aren't interested in leaving. i'm pretty sur ehe was interviewed before levien came actually. plus it's an exciting time to be bristol city manager atm

personally, never heard of him, sorry - tell us more - seems like we are so busy slating/defending warnock that we overlook others - i mean, what are the odds MM turns up with some dude from holland or something, who had heard of perrin(??) before MM shipped him in...

Who does he manage?? Brain is dead... :mellow:

Bristol City. Where he has just won promotion. He may want to stay there after that and see how far he can take them, because they have alot of potential in terms of location and city size etc. Before that he was at Yeovil and took them from Conference to League 1. I think he even made Latvia half decent !!

Gutted - Coleman was by miles my first choice for manager and this is actually making me question Milan's decision making to rule him out so early.

Really quite scared about who we'll get now. I'm hoping Billy Davies or Martin Allen but expecting far worse (Warnock, Ince, Megson...)

Don't care whether Warnock is emotional or not - I don't want him at my club.

good - didn't think it was a clever installation when he was given the fulham job, but i hate fayed, so i was rather happy!

according to the foxes trust's clever chart, you can see that MM has made a very shrewd (and simple!) decision here:

Manager Games Won Lost Drawn % Won % Not Lost

Worthington 419 160 163 96 38.2% 61.1%

Warnock 1017 405 331 281 39.8% 67.5%

Coleman 176 61 71 44 34.7% 59.7%

Ince 35 14 13 8 40.0% 62.9%

Grayson 83 37 22 24 44.6% 73.5%

Davies 277 115 86 76 41.5% 69.0%

Dowie 235 91 81 63 38.7% 65.5%

Johnson 452 203 144 105 44.9% 68.1%

Tigana 154 69 43 42 44.8% 72.1%

Robson 423 153 159 111 36.2% 62.4%

Jewell 446 185 156 105 41.5% 65.0%

Pearce 120 41 50 29 34.2% 58.3%

Hoddle 504 192 162 150 38.1% 67.9%

Allen 179 82 50 47 45.8% 72.1%

Slade 316 121 107 88 38.3% 66.1%

Roeder 349 117 137 95 33.5% 60.7%

hmmm - that's rather messy - see: http://foxestrust.co.uk/site/index.php?opt...93&Itemid=2

It doesnt make sense him ruling out coleman. i cant imagine he would be looking for someone with experience of divisions below the prem but either in the prem or equivalent...

have you noticed speculation has gone quiet on pearce?.... watch this space!!! Do i want pearce to get it? not really... i just got a feeling he will get it....a hunch.

It doesnt make sense him ruling out coleman. i cant imagine he would be looking for someone with experience of divisions below the prem but either in the prem or equivalent...

have you noticed speculation has gone quiet on pearce?.... watch this space!!! Do i want pearce to get it? not really... i just got a feeling he will get it....a hunch.

looking at the chart of performance stats - pearce, robson, coleman all are way down, but then managing at a higher level, i suppose - i guess anyone could get the job, it really comes down to who MM thinks is right, i just hope the sheer hatred of the thought of warnock coming from so many fans will put him off...

still, i've got a feeling it will be someone no one has mentioned - funnily enough the 'shortlist' is pretty much the one drawn out for every vacant managerial position - it's like when the vacany as host of family fortunes arises, you get the same old names coming up, lily savage et al - and then they give it to that northern lad - mind you, he would be preferable as city boss over warnock...

looking at the chart of performance stats - pearce, robson, coleman all are way down, but then managing at a higher level, i suppose - i guess anyone could get the job, it really comes down to who MM thinks is right, i just hope the sheer hatred of the thought of warnock coming from so many fans will put him off...

still, i've got a feeling it will be someone no one has mentioned - funnily enough the 'shortlist' is pretty much the one drawn out for every vacant managerial position - it's like when the vacany as host of family fortunes arises, you get the same old names coming up, lily savage et al - and then they give it to that northern lad - mind you, he would be preferable as city boss over warnock...

lol. agreed.

Milan said he was persuaded to stick it out for city because of the fans and their keeness to have him. If he really does value the fans that much then he will listen to what we are saying: NO TO WARNOCK!!! :frusty::dunno:

I'd imagine he is very much looking at people with experience in this league, Premier experience doesn't matter a blooming bit because we aren't even in that league.

I've mentioned Gary Johnson consistently for the past six weeks or so but he's never even been mentioned in the media, and has never really got a proper mention off anyone else off here that I've noticed, apart from yourself E2V in this thread on the second page.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...&hl=manager

In between all my posts trying to prove that Warnock isn't the shit manager people think he is I did mention him once.

I'd imagine he is very much looking at people with experience in this league, Premier experience doesn't matter a blooming bit because we aren't even in that league.

Now that's just nonsense isn't it.

My main gripe is that people on this forum (rightly, in my opinion) write off the idea of someone like Neil Lennon, Paul Ince or even at a stretch Simon Grayson becoming our manager because of their lack of experience, yet they're quite happy to also dismiss the likes of Stuart Pearce and Chris Coleman because they have, in their eyes, done poorly in the Premiership.

People who have had their first proper managerial jobs in the Premiership and have been expected to do brilliantly. Seems to me a lot of teams that finish in the bottom half want to sack their manager (Roeder, Coleman, Pearce). There are only so many places in the Premiership and you have to account for one or two brilliant managers like Harry Redknapp, Steve Coppell and Sam Allardyce too.

Managers who haven't had multi-millions to spend in the context of things and certainly haven't spent £9.5m like Villa did on Ashley Young or £10m like Newcastle did on Obafemi Martins and yet still have not been relegated. Sometimes, as it appears here, in favour of people like Neil Warnock or Aidy Boothroyd (never really been mentioned but I'm sure he would be an extremely popular appointment if we could get him) who have been relegated.

I wouldn't want Pearce for example but not because he's not managed at this level. I would be quite happy with Coleman. Okay so he hasn't won anything but he's been churning out the same kind of mid-table Premiership finishes that O'Neill did, give or take a few points. We would never have won the League Cup if Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool had taken it as seriously as they do now. In my opinion the Premiership is a much more competitive league than it was when we were in it. There are incredible levels of investment going into clubs at every level (Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool with a view to winning the title and Aston Villa and Portsmouth with a view to qualifying for Europe), while in the mid-90s we never had to worry about smaller clubs like Reading, Wigan and Fulham taking our place through spending money to rise from the lower leagues.

Most people with experience in this league will either be too good for us, not good enough or in the odd case where they might fit the bill perhaps branded too inexperienced (thinking mainly about Geraint Williams here).

Now that's just nonsense isn't it.

My main gripe is that people on this forum (rightly, in my opinion) write off the idea of someone like Neil Lennon, Paul Ince or even at a stretch Simon Grayson becoming our manager because of their lack of experience, yet they're quite happy to also dismiss the likes of Stuart Pearce and Chris Coleman because they have, in their eyes, done poorly in the Premiership.

People who have had their first proper managerial jobs in the Premiership and have been expected to do brilliantly. Seems to me a lot of teams that finish in the bottom half want to sack their manager (Roeder, Coleman, Pearce). There are only so many places in the Premiership and you have to account for one or two brilliant managers like Harry Redknapp, Steve Coppell and Sam Allardyce too.

Managers who haven't had multi-millions to spend in the context of things and certainly haven't spent £9.5m like Villa did on Ashley Young or £10m like Newcastle did on Obafemi Martins and yet still have not been relegated. Sometimes, as it appears here, in favour of people like Neil Warnock or Aidy Boothroyd (never really been mentioned but I'm sure he would be an extremely popular appointment if we could get him) who have been relegated.

I wouldn't want Pearce for example but not because he's not managed at this level. I would be quite happy with Coleman. Okay so he hasn't won anything but he's been churning out the same kind of mid-table Premiership finishes that O'Neill did, give or take a few points. We would never have won the League Cup if Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool had taken it as seriously as they do now. In my opinion the Premiership is a much more competitive league than it was when we were in it. There are incredible levels of investment going into clubs at every level (Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool with a view to winning the title and Aston Villa and Portsmouth with a view to qualifying for Europe), while in the mid-90s we never had to worry about smaller clubs like Reading, Wigan and Fulham taking our place through spending money to rise from the lower leagues.

Most people with experience in this league will either be too good for us, not good enough or in the odd case where they might fit the bill perhaps branded too inexperienced (thinking mainly about Geraint Williams here).

I don't believe it is nonsense, and I think the fact he has ruled out Coleman is a good indicator to the fact that is how he's thinking. I'm looking at what we need to complete his 3 year plan, and that will be someone who HAS got promotion with other teams. I don't believe there is a chance he would risk someone who hasn't done it at this level or the league below at most. By "done it" I mean either promotion, or someone like Davies who could easily with a bit of luck have done so in the last two years. Not that I think he would come.

Johnson is not a bad option to consider.

http://www.soccerbase.com/managers2.sd?managerid=481

I don't believe it is nonsense, and I think the fact he has ruled out Coleman is a good indicator to the fact that is how he's thinking. I'm looking at what we need to complete his 3 year plan, and that will be someone who HAS got promotion with other teams. I don't believe there is a chance he would risk someone who hasn't done it at this level or the league below at most. By "done it" I mean either promotion, or someone like Davies who could easily with a bit of luck have done so in the last two years. Not that I think he would come.

We'll have to alter the figures a bit if it's Warnock then. He was bottling it as far back as when we went up under Micky Adams. In fact, I'll go so far as to say I think Craig Levein would have got us up after 8 seasons if he'd had the same patience and financial backing as Warnock has at Sheffield United.

I don't believe it's as simple as saying "he did that there so there's a better chance he'll do it here too" but, if the same was to happen here as happened at Sheffield United, would you accept more than five more seasons in the Championship? Not that it will come to that because he'll retire in a couple of years after we've finished 10th and then lost in the play-off semis the following year.

He could be the best manager in the world, wouldn't make a difference to me.

I have a bit of pride remaining and I don't think it's worth sacrificing that just to have this cock in charge for a few years.

lol It misled me for a second that you'd posted this in a thread about Coleman, then I realised I'd turned it into a thread about Warnock myself.

Have given myself a slap on the wrist. :P

Archived