Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shauno45

Coleman ruled out!

Link

Coleman misses out on Foxes job

Milan Mandaric has ruled Chris Coleman out of the running to become Leicester City manager.

Coleman, who left Fulham in April, was thought to be among the favourites to be the long-term replacement for Rob Kelly at The Walkers Stadium.

The former Wales international has spoken to owner Mandaric about the position, which has been filled on a temporary basis by Nigel Worthington.

But Mandaric has confirmed that Coleman is not on his final short list to become Leicester's next boss.

"Chris is a great manager, a good lad, but he's not on the list," Mandaric told Sky Sports News.

Neil Warnock remains in contention to take over in the East Midlands following his departure from Sheffield United last week.

Mandaric hopes to make an appointment by the end of this month and confirmed that Warnock is on the short list.

He added: "Yes, I talked to Neil, he's one of the candidates, so are three or four other people, so we'll see what happens.

"Neil has got good experience in a hard division. He's done it, he's been there, but again I'm not ruling out other people."

Fook! :angry:

That leaves Tigana for me, and then maybe Davies... if Milan wants to imperil season ticket sales by all means appoint Warnock, if he gets us up within two years then it'll all be fine, but he wont and Milan will hack off a lot of people if he goes ahead a gives the job to Warnock (even if most anti-Warnock sentiment is simply emotional), also what on earth has Warnock done to suggest he can do well with City, he's already said he only wants to be a manager for another couple of years and he's already managed the club he loves... just bloody well hope its Davies or Jean!!

yeah the job is warnocks.... They may aswell just annouce it now.... so we are going to the most hated club in the championship with him there.... but you know what i like the guy.... he has a attitude and sometimes that is needed in football... but what type of players will he attract... i mean yes he had success at sheff utd but i wont be happy with players like danny webber, steve kabba and john stead.... lets get ready for some interesting times....

wtf im so disapointed in milans decision here. You have Warnock, a manager with a mouth far too big, whose had one season in the Premier League (the promised land to us at the mo) and failed. You have Coleman on the other hand whose done it season after season at Fulham with his best players being sold, the pressure of a millionaire and a small budget.

ill be so disapointed with Warnock.

I dont like him but hes a better manager than other names we've been linked with.

A big improvement on Kelly and Wortho but can he really make us an established Premiership team????????????

Suppose its being a bit petty going over old ground on my part but it shows Milan has put his foot down on this one. Its a personal decision and I bet Milan doesnt care how Warnock slated us and how many of us dont like him.

Archived