Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rocky Dennis

How much is Warnock hated?

The general feeling towards Warnock seems quite negative, I personally cant stand the bloke and am quite concerned about our future if Milan appoints him, however i support the club and not the manager and will be renewing my season ticket as normal.

Just wondered if any of you would consider not getting a season ticket or stop supporting the club if he becomes manager?

it's the same as the speedie situation (as far as i see it) he (speedie) cheated for other clubs and we all hated him after the walshie incident, but when he was our cheat (ie in the tranmere play-off semi's) i thought he was immense. warnock's the same, he'll be ok when he's moaning on our behalf

thing i hate about him most is not that he moans - who doesn't - its when you see sheff u get stuffed and he laughed it off, like it wasn't important, its all well and good having a 'personality' - this guy doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - that is the real problem!

wouldn't not go as far as not attending (not that i can, now) - but don't imagine i'd want to listen to his comments if things aren't going to plan...

I wont cheer his name or like the bloke. I'll be there to watch Leicester, not to praise him.

I agree.

it's the same as the speedie situation (as far as i see it) he (speedie) cheated for other clubs and we all hated him after the walshie incident, but when he was our cheat (ie in the tranmere play-off semi's) i thought he was immense. warnock's the same, he'll be ok when he's moaning on our behalf

I think he'll have to do extremely well for that to happen. Players can just put in the same effort and do reasonably well and they will win over the fans. Managers need results and performances. More tricky in my opinion, especially if you believe the sort of unrealistic expectations we see on here are representative of the majority of fans. We shall see.

I dont hate Warnock,i strongly dislike him. My opinion along with everyone elses could so easily change if he did a good job here which is quite likely as he isnt a bad manager. Well see.

I think it's stupid not renewing your season ticket if Warnock is appointed personally.

It's not as if he's the world's worst manager... :rolleyes:

I agree but he certainly isnt the best either!

This summer was supposed to be a new era for the club.

I think most fans were hoping for a more inspirational manager than him, if thats the standard of manager we're looking at then i dread to think what standard of player we'll be after!

I think most fans were hoping for a more inspirational manager than him, if thats the standard of manager we're looking at then i dread to think what standard of player we'll be after!

exactly - desparately, deparately unadventurous and short-sighted.

I cannot stand the man and would prefer that my club was not associated with him.

It's not as if he's the outstanding candidate either.

Let's not sell our soul anymore. This club supposedly has character. Taking on a mercenary who has slated you in the past is not the way forwards. It cheats everyone who felt angry at those comments.

Lets not be rash, he hasnt got the job yet, (I hope he doesnt) but he's got pedigree. My mate called him the 'Robbie Savage of management' the other day... He's not a City fan, but good point. And to be frank Sheff Utd where very very very unlucky not to stay up especially as West Ham should have been docked points...

Oh yea, another mates a Sheff Utd fan, who also happened to hate Warnock! :worship:

Were we ? If i remember rightly alot on here were calling for Wortho to be our long term manager before the Wolves game.

I myself don't mind Warnock with his moaning and antics, i find it rather funny truth be told but it's his transfer dealing and the fact he took yrs to get The Blades promoted that says he's not the man for this job.

I would still opt for an up and coming manager myself who is hungry for success, Gary Johnson (As Fez has mentioned), Simon Grayson, Martin Allen, as with the right backroom staff they could work wonders. It's a gamble i'd take, and i think Milan was wrong to come out with his 3yr plan in public as it's really limited his manager selection imo, as the fans now want experience from having managed in this league, which imo is not that important aslong as the man you choose has the right credentials.

The average fan does not like him, largly on an emotional level because of what he said back when we went into admin... if he gets off to a winning start and has a good first season (top ten finish) all will be forgotten, he could not afford to run in to trouble IMHO, if that happened he'd be in very deep trouble... there are far worse managers (I mean he's clearly an improvment on the last two eejits!), but I'd put him on a par with somone like Micky Adams, just a bit more personality... we can and should be doing better as far as managers go, but if he comes in then he comes in and at least he'll be passionate and at least he'll be competant, an improvment on what we've had in the past, but I still have a vain hope that we can and will do better. :unsure:

He wouldn't be my first choice manager but if he was appointed I'd support him, Milan does know what he's doing.

I would re-new my season ticket definitely, as others have said, Leicester is my club.

i think people are going overboard here! yes he's bloody annoying but if he comes he'll be doing everything he can to get us promotion. surely we've learnt this year that a negative crowd = poorer performances/morale in the team.

he's got promotion from this leage before, has prem experience and sheff utd fans like/d him, so i think considering a boycott of our club is sheer maddness. not my choice however.

He said some shite about us a few years back, but he's a good manager.

I'm not saying that I'd love to have him here but I certainly wouldn't boycott the club.

Anyway, Mandaric said that the process of finding a new manager began weeks before the season finished, and that four out of five on his shortlist are currently with clubs. (I assume that the manager without a club is Coleman)

He'll make the right decision, and know that Warnock isn't the right man.

Yeah suspended.
He said some shite about us a few years back, but he's a good manager.

I'm not saying that I'd love to have him here but I certainly wouldn't boycott the club.

Anyway, Mandaric said that the process of finding a new manager began weeks before the season finished, and that four out of five on his shortlist are currently with clubs. (I assume that the manager without a club is Coleman)

He'll make the right decision, and know that Warnock isn't the right man.

Shit, I've just read the news (sky sports) and everything I've said is now rendered utter crap, sorry.

Warnock will have to do then.

The average fan does not like him, largly on an emotional level because of what he said back when we went into admin... if he gets off to a winning start and has a good first season (top ten finish) all will be forgotten, he could not afford to run in to trouble IMHO, if that happened he'd be in very deep trouble... there are far worse managers (I mean he's clearly an improvment on the last two eejits!), but I'd put him on a par with somone like Micky Adams, just a bit more personality... we can and should be doing better as far as managers go, but if he comes in then he comes in and at least he'll be passionate and at least he'll be competant, an improvment on what we've had in the past, but I still have a vain hope that we can and will do better. :unsure:

Its not just us tho,

he slags off practically every club but his own, even slating Ferguson and Benitez last season.

With him in charge i think we'd become a hated club again (Spurs Wembley tickets/La Manga etc).

The bloke's got no dignity and i wonder wether clubs would be inclined not to deal with us for signings etc when we've got him in charge?

I cannot stand the man and would prefer that my club was not associated with him.

It's not as if he's the outstanding candidate either.

Let's not sell our soul anymore. This club supposedly has character. Taking on a mercenary who has slated you in the past is not the way forwards. It cheats everyone who felt angry at those comments.

I hate to say this but.....

I agree with EVERY word you've written here! :o:o:thumbup:

Archived