Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Karljohn

Your worst home game and best away day?

What was your worst home game experience? and best away day....

The Peterboro awayday thread got me thinking....

Worst home - has to be Bolton opening day under Taylor - 5-0 defeat, second to every ball.

Best away - Aston Villa 96/97 season, 3-1 win with a great solo effort from Muzzy - and Heskey rattled the bar and almost got a fourth.

What was your worst home game experience? and best away day....

The Peterboro awayday thread got me thinking....

Worst home - has to be Bolton opening day under Taylor - 5-0 defeat, second to every ball.

Best away - Aston Villa 96/97 season, 3-1 win with a great solo effort from Muzzy - and Heskey rattled the bar and almost got a fourth.

have to get involved with this thread

yeah the villa away day was a classic to be fair

another good un was

notts county away 2 vs 0

90-91 one of only 2 away wins all season!!! thousands of city fans.

spilling onto the pitch when we scored. rooster!!!!

charlton 2vs 1 fa cup 04-05

bad home

leeds 0vs6 in the league cup 01-02

wycombe in the cup 00-01

blackburn 1vs3 90-91 - pleat out!!!

Best Away - Spurs 3-2 Gerry with a bolt from the blue to cap the win

Worst Home - Bolton 5-0 or Derby 3-0 (I think I left before the end and missed a goal so not entirely sure on exact scoreline, it was 0-0 at half time though I recall) in same season under Taylor. Felt like my heart was being ripped out every single week

Best Home game - 4-0 vs Leeds 03/04 with the Nalis special has to rank highly, others include Sheff Utd 4-2 05/06 and Millwall 4-1 02/03

Worst Home game - Probably Chelsea 01/02 when we lost 3-2 having been ahead twice, that was the day I knew we were down. Derby 3-0 the same season ranks quite highly too.

Best away game - No doubt. Charlton 04/05 in the FA cup, drama and the best City performance i've ever witnessed.

Worst Away game - A choice of two really, probably Blackburn for the gutted feeling in the FA cup, losing 1-0 to a Dickov penalty or Cardiff away in Leveins reign when we lost 1-0 and showed no fight, no determination or anything.

worst home ; losing 7-2 to everton , which sealed matt gillies's fate :cry:

best home ; beating arsenal 7-1 circa 1963-64 ; :):D

sorry didn't read properly

best away ; portmouth in the playoffs

Best Home Game

3-3 vs. Arsenal @ Filbert Street

Not just for the comeback and the result but to see Bergkamp's hattrick on that day was something else...absolute genius. I still watch the highlights from this game and Walsh's 96th minute goal is probably my fondest Leicester memory.

Worst Home Game

I think I have been lucky enough to not see many of our really awful home games mainly due to being unable to regularly attend. We have been worse I am sure but QPR this season was particularly frustrating.

Best Away Game

2-1 vs. Crystal Palace @ Wembley

If only for THAT shin and the sense of utter disbelief that it went in so close to penalties. This game and the game against Arsenal are what the MON-era was all about.

Best away game: Winning 3-1 at Villa Park in 96/97 season. Claridge, Parker and a late Izzet goal sealed the win in front of our end. Everyone went barmy ! Was only 11, but was loving it !

Worst home game: Its got to be losing 5-0 at home to Bolton on the first day of the season. Just set the tone for the rest of the season, and the realisation that we were truely an awful team and that the O'Neill days really were a thing of the past

worst home game - Forest 0-1 04/05

Best away day - 1 of:

Charlton 2-1 FA cup 04/05 - was on the front row right next to dion when he got the winner, unbelivable day, performance and atmosphere. only day I remember CL's reign by

Man Utd 1-0 97/98 - I was only 9 so cant remember it that well but I never expected us to win and when cottee scored it was amazing. Can also remember getting blocked in a car park for about 3 hours with about 5 other cars full of city fans, but none of us cared as we'd won.

Preston 1-0 06/07 - great atmosphere and sujpport from start to end, and the celebrations when nils scored were unbelievable, it also virtually kept us up.

worst home day:

There have been a couple this season that have been bad --- 1-3 v QPR, 1-4 v Wolves.

The infamous 0-2 defeat to sheff utd in 1996, when the fans were calling for Martin O'Neill's head - that was bad.

And I seem to remember one game in about 1993 ish, when we were 3-0 down at half-time and then the floodlights failed. anyone remember this one?

best away day:

too many to mention:

The 1-0 win at Watford in 1996 springs to mind, it ensured our play-off place and the fans were phenomenal.

1-0 v Liverpool in about 1998 or 1999 was fantastic- Ian marshall scored in the last few minutes and the away end went mad.

The league cup semi-final at Sunderland was pretty great as well, I remember Cottee scoring a cracking goal

worst home day:

There have been a couple this season that have been bad --- 1-3 v QPR, 1-4 v Wolves.

The infamous 0-2 defeat to sheff utd in 1996, when the fans were calling for Martin O'Neill's head - that was bad.

And I seem to remember one game in about 1993 ish, when we were 3-0 down at half-time and then the floodlights failed. anyone remember this one?

best away day:

too many to mention:

The 1-0 win at Watford in 1996 springs to mind, it ensured our play-off place and the fans were phenomenal.

1-0 v Liverpool in about 1998 or 1999 was fantastic- Ian marshall scored in the last few minutes and the away end went mad.

The league cup semi-final at Sunderland was pretty great as well, I remember Cottee scoring a cracking goal

Yep Portsmouth at home. Would have gone top if we won I think. Terrbile performance !! Was gutted at the time, being a young lad n all !!

Best away Man U 0-1 as Ultra said. Met MON after the game. Great day.

Worst home was probably Cov 0-0 which I think was in the same season. Not because of the result but because of the fog. From the double decker you could not see past the halfway and had no idea what was going on at the other end. Not only that both teams were shite.

Worst home game: Definitely Wycombe. I've never felt like that at any other game, not even any of the Wembley defeats.

Best away game: Without a shadow of a doubt, winning 4-0 at Pride Park. I don't think I will ever go to a game that will match that one, and if I do then bring it the f**k on cos I can't wait.

Archived