Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

New Shirt Sponsor announced - Topps Tiles

I'm unhappy with this new sponsorship.

I wish teams didn't need to have shirt sponsors, but anyway, I didn't mind the Alliance & Leicester logo at all. The logo didn't clash with the kit too badly and I thought that it was good that the club's kits featured a successful local company. Even for Walkers, whose logos clashed with the kit in the latter years of their sponsorship, I didn't mind too much because Walkers is another successful local company.

I'd much prefer the shirt sponsor to promote the local economy.

...and why does the logo need the yellow rectangular background? Why can't they get rid of it and just change the text to white?

...the wishes of the brand police at Topps Tiles, presumably :dunno:

I agree, though... the yellow does the new shirt no favours.

I'm unhappy with this new sponsorship.

I wish teams didn't need to have shirt sponsors, but anyway, I didn't mind the Alliance & Leicester logo at all. The logo didn't clash with the kit too badly and I thought that it was good that the club's kits featured a successful local company. Even for Walkers, whose logos clashed with the kit in the latter years of their sponsorship, I didn't mind too much because Walkers is another successful local company.

I'd much prefer the shirt sponsor to promote the local economy.

...and why does the logo need the yellow rectangular background? Why can't they get rid of it and just change the text to white?

Topps is a local company you numpty lol

I thought Topps was based in Cheshire or something? :unsure:

They might have presence locally, but they're not actually from Leicester I don't think.

There Main Base in in Leicester I'm certain of it. :thumbup:

And for those who were still wondering if you haven't gone to the site yet here is the strip... ;)

0,,10274~3277819,00.jpg

I must say besides the logo, that is one plain strip.. reminds me of what I wore in under 8's.. I guess I am just use to us doing better in that department, but as many here have said, it doesn't matter what we wear, if we win, who cares... and it has been a nice cash injection too, so I can't complain... :)

GO TOPPS FOXES... hey there are so many puns with that... :)

If it wasn't for the yellow sick in the middle it would be ok. I like the old school badge and the overall simplistic design but what the hells the tile man doing on it?

Part of the shirt I don't like is the way other fans may not know what shirt it is. I mean with Allience and Leicester it was pretty obvious as well as a decent sized badge, I had a few Brummies and Cov fans giving me odd looks on holidays etc. But with this one Topps tiles it could be anyone and combined with a smaller badge and the colour which I know maybe changed. If somebody was walking towards me in it I could easily say "chesterfield, portsmouth, Gillingham, Rochdale fan" etc.

Part of the shirt I don't like is the way other fans may not know what shirt it is. I mean with Allience and Leicester it was pretty obvious as well as a decent sized badge, I had a few Brummies and Cov fans giving me odd looks on holidays etc. But with this one Topps tiles it could be anyone and combined with a smaller badge and the colour which I know maybe changed. If somebody was walking towards me in it I could easily say "chesterfield, portsmouth, Gillingham, Rochdale fan" etc.

Now's the time to get "Leicester City" tattooed around your throat then. That would be a dead give away. :thumbup:

Archived