Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Current Squad

He might have the ability but he doesn't show it no-where near as consistantly enough.

We can't afford to have a player in the team who has one decent game out of about 10-15 and does nothing in that time, no wonder we ended up in the sh*t last season.

Ok he had a good game in a match that really didn't mean much but its the league that counts.

If we wanna get out of this league we need players that will perform no matter what and based on the final 1/3 of the season Porter isn't one of them.

Also once the caretaker manager came in Porter was binned for a 16 year old lad with no first team experience whatsoever doesn't that tell you something?

Can't afford what?

We've afforded Fryatt for a season yet Porter scored just one goal fewer from the wing and made or assisted in a damn sight more than Fantasy Fryatt for his "one" game.

As for Worthington yes, it tells me that Porter was ill and that a 16-year-old full-back was the only worthwhile option.

And if you think Mattock is a better left-sided attacker than Porter you want to watch em more often.

Mattock will have enough to do focusing on winning the left-back spot - and that's even with the club having a vested interest in increasing his value.

I'm with DavieG in thinking every player should start the new season with a clean sheet and should then be judged on what they do rather than how much they cost to bring in, what their wages are, what they did years ago or who they've turned out for.

Can't afford what?

We've afforded Fryatt for a season yet Porter scored just one goal fewer from the wing and made or assisted in a damn sight more than Fantasy Fryatt for his "one" game.

As for Worthington yes, it tells me that Porter was ill and that a 16-year-old full-back was the only worthwhile option.

And if you think Mattock is a better left-sided attacker than Porter you want to watch em more often.

Mattock will have enough to do focusing on winning the left-back spot - and that's even with the club having a vested interest in increasing his value.

I'm with DavieG in thinking every player should start the new season with a clean sheet and should then be judged on what they do rather than how much they cost to bring in, what their wages are, what they did years ago or who they've turned out for.

Fryatt again!! :frusty:

Did he run your dog over or something?

He has nothing individually to do with it. I just get fed up of allowances being made for some and no slack for others.

Well you've just said you are willing to give all the players a 'clean sheet', so can we just drop the excessive negativity on Fryatt, it's poisoning every other thread for gods sake

But then neither did anyone else, why pick on Porter, let's give ALL the players the benefit of a clean slate and see what Allen can get out of them, then and only then should we judge.

And he wasn't binned he was injured.

No one is picking on Porter.

He was just expressing an alternative view to Thracian's favourite fantasy.

Sometimes, a bit of realism is nice you know?

There is time for bollocks, escapism, hyperbole and fantasy and that's when Thracian's posts are needed.

There is also the need to temper that guff with some actual realism and thought.

Fryatt again!! :frusty:

Did he run your dog over or something?

how come thracian is criticised for acurately describing an underachieving/underperforming player, yet it seems perfectly acceptable to criticize a player (porter) who had an okay season in anotherwise dire team performance - seriously, what support has porter had in central midfield, or from left-back...

and, dear god, so thracian observes that fryatt had a shit season - for whatever reason (injury, attitude, whatever) he did - and he is derided for saying these things, and yet it seems the fashionable thing to make personal criticism of hammond, criticism way beyond his football, actually personal insults, that don't prove or mean anything in relation to this football club - save that kind of rubbish for the pub.

and so is thracian, let him have his opinion, and either counter it with something valid, or quit with the childish digs.... :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

how come thracian is criticised for acurately describing an underachieving/underperforming player, yet it seems perfectly acceptable to criticize a player (porter) who had an okay season in anotherwise dire team performance - seriously, what support has porter had in central midfield, or from left-back...

and, dear god, so thracian observes that fryatt had a shit season - for whatever reason (injury, attitude, whatever) he did - and he is derided for saying these things, and yet it seems the fashionable thing to make personal criticism of hammond, criticism way beyond his football, actually personal insults, that don't prove or mean anything in relation to this football club - save that kind of rubbish for the pub.

and so is thracian, let him have his opinion, and either counter it with something valid, or quit with the childish digs.... :frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

Nobody is saying he didn't have a shit season, most people are saying he will get another chance because of his record before last year.

Well you've just said you are willing to give all the players a 'clean sheet', so can we just drop the excessive negativity on Fryatt, it's poisoning every other thread for gods sake

It's a two-way thing unless you're happy about the negativity unjustly aimed at Hammond and Dodds and Porter.

I'm more than happy with the "clean sheet" so long as it goes across the board but I cannot imagine it will. Some people would attack Hammond or Dodds whatever they did and then not expect a word to be uttered about Fryatt.

I can refer back to considerable praise of Fryatt in his early days. But I cannot remember some people ever saying one good word about any of our young players - not even when they won the Academy championship at Sunderland. And the same goes for Hammond, except with a grudging aside thrown in.

There is time for bollocks, escapism, hyperbole and fantasy and that's when Thracian's posts are needed.

There is also the need to temper that guff with some actual realism and thought.

Are you sure you are replying to the correct post?

Apart from the fact that he only mentioned Porter as a player underperfoming when virtually the whole squad was gulity I never mentioned anything remotely relating to all this guff!

We need two new first choice Right and left midfielders. :thumbup:

No matter how much Thrac or anyone else lavishly praises Levi Porter he's just not good enough, he goes missing to often, he doesn't like to step up to the plate as it would seem.

Don't try and argue, he went missing in Nob Kellys last 10 games he barely did anything of note beside run into blind alleys and over hit crosses, people just turn a blind eye to it.

Still think hume might play out wide.

Which defender scored at the rate of nearly one goal every three starts last season?

Seems your forgetting his previous seasons in professional football, if you look at that i'm sure you'll find it's quite embarrassing. Hes 26 and has scored 12 career goals, also the argument that he has never played regularly isn't exactly the best, managers obviously realised how terrible he is and opted to play strikers who can do more than run fast.

Seems your forgetting his previous seasons in professional football, if you look at that i'm sure you'll find it's quite embarrassing. Hes 26 and has scored 12 career goals, also the argument that he has never played regularly isn't exactly the best, managers obviously realised how terrible he is and opted to play strikers who can do more than run fast.

I don't think previous seasons are especially relevent in this argument. Because players change.

Are we now judging the same Fryatt as a couple of seasons ago?. I don't know. I'd still hope that we might be but we certainly weren't last season.

Even the year before, when he was fit, he hardly excelled and scored twice in his last 14 games.

I suspect he was troubled by his foot problems even then but the question is, will he get over it and regain what it was that made him so promising.

Conversely, whatever went before, Hammond scored six goals in 19 starts, as good as anyone in the first team squad bar Hume.

No I don't think he'd be a good enough starter for next season's team but he'd be perfectly decent off the bench and even if not, he doesn't deserve the hammer he's taken.

Yest that's it. I'd rather not have Hammond, I'd prefer to have a layer with talent aswell as "presence" but he doesn't deserve all the shit he gets, I'd rather have him in my team that several layers still in the squad.

I don't think previous seasons are especially relevent in this argument. Because players change.

Are we now judging the same Fryatt as a couple of seasons ago?. I don't know. I'd still hope that we might be but we certainly weren't last season.

Even the year before, when he was fit, he hardly excelled and scored twice in his last 14 games.

I suspect he was troubled by his foot problems even then but the question is, will he get over it and regain what it was that made him so promising.

Conversely, whatever went before, Hammond scored six goals in 19 starts, as good as anyone in the first team squad bar Hume.

No I don't think he'd be a good enough starter for next season's team but he'd be perfectly decent off the bench and even if not, he doesn't deserve the hammer he's taken.

:frusty: You have to spark a discussion about Fryatt in every single thread? Just boring now and I really don't give a sh*t about it. You made your point about 3 weeks ago. :yawn:

:frusty: You have to spark a discussion about Fryatt in every single thread? Just boring now and I really don't give a sh*t about it. You made your point about 3 weeks ago. :yawn:

So, it's official thracian - you have been banned from referencing fryatt, even if it is entirely relavent to the discussion taking place....

--- good god, the problem here, is that people find it very easy to have a dig at thracian because he is not one of the hammond-hate-campaign-bum-club and champions players that he sees potential in... thracian only mentioned him in defence of his opinion of porter, fryatt was a good example to reference... if you can't accept the observation, move on - don't pick up on it, and make it into an issue....

So, it's official thracian - you have been banned from referencing fryatt, even if it is entirely relavent to the discussion taking place....

--- good god, the problem here, is that people find it very easy to have a dig at thracian because he is not one of the hammond-hate-campaign-bum-club and champions players that he sees potential in... thracian only mentioned him in defence of his opinion of porter, fryatt was a good example to reference... if you can't accept the observation, move on - don't pick up on it, and make it into an issue....

Yeah.

That's why he takes stick.

:rolleyes:

It's not his constant holier than thou attitude, mis-reprentation of other people's arguments, exaggerations and stating of spurious facts.

whatever...

can't say i see any of that - certainly there are many worse, who know a lot less, who talk more shit - or have no voice of their own and just egg others on... that is what is boring here, not that thracian talks about fryatt.

• 3 weeks later...

How we stand:

GK: Henderson, Logan, Nielsen

RB: Stearman, Chambers

CB: McAuley, Kisnorbo, N'Gotty,

LB: Mattock, Sheehan

RM:

CM: Wesolowski, Hellings, Kishishev

LM: Porter, Mattock

ST: Hume, Fryatt, Dodds, Cort, Sappleton

Ive ignored transfer listed players as we expect them to leave before the new season. The squad still looks thin and we need wingers, another CM, LB and maybe another CB.

How many more players do you think will come in? We've got seven so i cant see too many more despite the thin looking squad.

GK: Henderson, Logan, Nielsen

RB: Stearman, Chambers

CB: McAuley, Kisnorbo, N'Gotty,

LB: Mattock, Sheehan

RM:

CM: Wesolowski, Hellings, Kishishev

LM: Porter,

ST: Hume, Fryatt, Dodds, Cort, Sappleton

I wouldnt keep sheehan at the club and would replace him with a more experianced left back.

Bring in a new RM,LM,AM

Dont think dodds will be at the club for much longer and cant see sappleton starting straight away.

So probably buy two more strikers- one with a lot of experiance like teddy sherringham (obviously he wont come but a player like that could help as we are not sure Cort will be fully fit all through the season) and a natural goalscorer. Because i dont see that in hume, fryatt or cort tbh.

to be honest i would like newton back at the club but i dont think it will happen.

Archived