Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Current Squad

We are a bit thin in some position and we need to ship some out in others.

GK: Henderson, Logan, Nielsen and Douglas

RB: Stearman, Kenton

CB: McAuley, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, N'Gotty, Kenton

LB: Mattock, Sheehan

RM:

CM: Wesolowski

LM: Porter, Mattock

ST: Hume, Fryatt, DeVries, Dodds

I make that 14 outfield players, including DeVries, Dodds and Sheehan who havn't featured for over a year. Probably need a squad of at least 20 outfield players so am i right to be expecting at least another 6 signings, maybe more? We have obviously given professional contracts to a number of academy lads, but how many can we realistically be seeing making the step up?

Its going to be an interesting summer.

Discuss :ph34r:

We are a bit thin in some position and we need to ship some out in others.

GK: Henderson, Logan, Nielsen and Douglas

RB: Stearman, Kenton

CB: McAuley, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, N'Gotty, Kenton

LB: Mattock, Sheehan

RM:

CM: Wesolowski

LM: Porter, Mattock

ST: Hume, Fryatt, DeVries, Dodds

I make that 14 outfield players, including DeVries, Dodds and Sheehan who havn't featured for over a year. Probably need a squad of at least 20 outfield players so am i right to be expecting at least another 6 signings, maybe more? We have obviously given professional contracts to a number of academy lads, but how many can we realistically be seeing making the step up?

We need to also get rid of DeVries and Douglas, sign a right mid, a BIG stiker, a centre mid, a left back (you have miseed Nissa off your list, but i think we should replace him), a right back unless Stearman starts playing well again, maybe an experienced Left winger as cover for Porter and to help him.

We need to also get rid of DeVries and Douglas, sign a right mid, a BIG stiker, a centre mid, a left back (you have miseed Nissa off your list, but i think we should replace him), a right back unless Stearman starts playing well again, maybe an experienced Left winger as cover for Porter and to help him.

Just for Mr Current affairs here, Johansson left a week or so ago!!!

Right back

Left back

Rm

LM

3CM (1 other defensive, 2 creative)

2 Strikers (target man, and a proven goal scorer)

Though i think you may see hume play out wide next season.

That would make 11 including the 2 we just signed, very busy summer.

From what my source said we should be expecting a 50% clearout. Obviously 3 identified today. Probably another 4 or 5 to go. So I make it more like 10 signings ???

He still alive? :unsure:

This is what I think we need still and who we should keep!

x3 Goalies

Hendo 2nd choice :rolleyes:

Logan 3rd choice

Nielsen ? Prob 1st choice

Left Back

Mattock 1st / 2nd choice :thumbup:

Right back

Kenton 2nd choice :rolleyes:

Stearman ?2nd choice :rolleyes:

Centre Backs

Kisnorbo 1st choice :thumbup:

McAuley 1st choice :thumbup:

N'Gotty 2nd choice

McCarthy 3rd choice :unsure:

Left mid

Porter 1st choice :thumbup:

Centre mid

Weslowski 1st / 2nd choice

Right Mid

Forwards

Hume 1st choice :thumbup::worship:

Fryatt 2nd choice :unsure:

De Vries 2nd choice try 2 get rid I suppose but his record is not awful 1 in 3! :unsure:

I can't see the others making an impact they will all be gone either permanently or out on loan. Shows that Allen does have a big recruiting drive ahead. By my reckoning we need;

Commanding 1st choice

x 2 full backs

Right Mid/Wing

Central mid play maker

A goalscorer

Then peripheral

Left Mid

possibly x1 center back

x2 central mids

Right Mid/Wing

Forward

We need two new first choice Right and left midfielders. :thumbup:

No matter how much Thrac or anyone else lavishly praises Levi Porter he's just not good enough, he goes missing to often, he doesn't like to step up to the plate as it would seem.

Don't try and argue, he went missing in Nob Kellys last 10 games he barely did anything of note beside run into blind alleys and over hit crosses, people just turn a blind eye to it.

No matter how much Thrac or anyone else lavishly praises Levi Porter he's just not good enough, he goes missing to often, he doesn't like to step up to the plate as it would seem.

Don't try and argue, he went missing in Nob Kellys last 10 games he barely did anything of note beside run into blind alleys and over hit crosses, people just turn a blind eye to it.

Send Porter out on loan. He was awesome agasint Fulham home though, absolutely ragged their right back.

If we sign Best (which it looks like we will), we will only really need either Saganowski or McLeod, not both.

Strikers: Hume, Fryatt, Best, Saganowski/McLeod - that will be fine for this division.

Goalkeeper situation is sorted with Nielson as number 1, Logan as backup. I would personally play N'Gotty at right back so still think we need one more centre back. Overall, we need a centre back, a left back, a left midfielder, two right midfielders, two central midfielders and two strikers. Saying that, it is quite worrying to see us being linked with lots of defenders and lots of strikers but hardly any midfielders when we need at least 5 midfielders.

Porter is a bloody good footballer. I think it, Kelly thought it, Beaglehole thinks it and it's been mentioned that Allen thinks it too though I don't know.

Porter hasn't changed in a few weeks from being the sort of player who took Fulham apart and was generally regarded as the only player we had who might create something. For a considerable time there was a little buzz when he got the ball because the feeling was that something might happen.

Porter did well against Fulham because the team was freed to attack. In so many championship matches they weren't. They were pre-occupied with not conceding, especially once we'd taken a lead.

Porter became noticed. The opposition plainly made contingency plans and Kelly was too nieve to anticipate this and to do something about it.

Once we got possession Porter's orders were to hug the left wing and make width.

Totally static, stupid and easy for the opposition to deal with considering there were never any runners of the ball alongside him even when he was given the ball.

It will help him no end if we sign Kevin Russell who can interchange with him and if Porter's given a much more fluid role where he's allowed to move inside and has full freedom to use his creativity.

Because, put Porter in an attacking unit, with people who can challenge for crosses, and he will blossom - especially if some of the supporting attackers are people who make space off the ball and offer a passing opportunity.

Without any doubt Porter is the best all round passer in a Leicester shirt right now - which doesn't actually say too much - and he should be utilised as such.

He might have the ability but he doesn't show it no-where near as consistantly enough.

We can't afford to have a player in the team who has one decent game out of about 10-15 and does nothing in that time, no wonder we ended up in the sh*t last season.

Ok he had a good game in a match that really didn't mean much but its the league that counts.

If we wanna get out of this league we need players that will perform no matter what and based on the final 1/3 of the season Porter isn't one of them.

Also once the caretaker manager came in Porter was binned for a 16 year old lad with no first team experience whatsoever doesn't that tell you something?

He might have the ability but he doesn't show it no-where near as consistantly enough.

We can't afford to have a player in the team who has one decent game out of about 10-15 and does nothing in that time, no wonder we ended up in the sh*t last season.

Ok he had a good game in a match that really didn't mean much but its the league that counts.

If we wanna get out of this league we need players that will perform no matter what and based on the final 1/3 of the season Porter isn't one of them.

Also once the caretaker manager came in Porter was binned for a 16 year old lad with no first team experience whatsoever doesn't that tell you something?

But then neither did anyone else, why pick on Porter, let's give ALL the players the benefit of a clean slate and see what Allen can get out of them, then and only then should we judge.

And he wasn't binned he was injured.

Archived