Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Exciting Signings

Out of all of the previous names mentioned that are no longer at the club I think three of them would perhaps consider coming back, Connolly, Bent and Smith, all forwards.

We could try and get one of those in.

Ryan? :unsure:

Not excited "when" they signed, cos Keown would have been in that bracket and yes, perhaps even Matty Fryatt.

But excited "after" they signed, Connolly without doubt and then probably only Ryan Smith - and for the briefest spell.

His second half against Derby suggested he was a player with the skills and speed to excite the crowds and to turn matches.

Before long though he was systemised into playing narrow, burning his energy tracking back and was not even doing the things he could do well.

Was ever talent more wilfully wasted by himself and by others?

Now I'm perhaps immune to getting excited. I've had my hopes raised and dashed so many times. I look at McLaren as England manager and think if that's about as good as we've got the rest must be diabolical and it's not a nice thought.

Today's signings? I'll wait and see. But N'Gotty's surely past his best at 35 and if the new goalie had been outstanding I doubt he'd have remained in Denmark all these years.

Good they might hopefully be but exciting - I don't think so.

I wasn't and I'm not lying, he was passed it.
I was abit weary!!! The bloke was old. Didn't think he'd be as bad as he turned out to be though.

I did say most! :P

I just remember the sound of the Kop when Keown came running out on the first day of the season. TBF I didn't think he was THAT bad that game... but God knows he went down hill afterwards.

Leicester will never sign a player that will fulfill me with as much excitement as the day we signed Stan Collymore.

I'll second that(unless someone beats me to it in which case i will third it...unless someone beats me to that...you get the picture!) :thumbup:

Leicester will never sign a player that will fulfill me with as much excitement as the day we signed Stan Collymore.

There have been some marvellous moments among the despair of supporting Leicester City but Collymore's hat-trick against Sunderland was something to savour like the first sip of Barbar's on a sweltering day. :thumbup:

There have been some marvellous moments among the despair of supporting Leicester City but Collymore's hat-trick against Sunderland was something to savour like the first sip of Barbar's on a sweltering day. :thumbup:

Now that game was awesome...we actually looked like a football team! :rolleyes:

The list of incoming players from 02/03 onwards (from norfox.net):

2002/03

Billy McKinlay, Clydebank F/T

Nicky Summerbee, Nott For F/T

2003/04

Riccardo Scimeca, Nott For F/T

Steve Howey, Man City F/T

Les Ferdinand, West Ham F/T

Paul Brooker, Brighton F/T

Keith Gillespie, Blackburn F/T

Lilian Nalis, Chievo F/T

Danny Coyne, Grimsby F/T

Craig Hignett, Blackburn F/T

John Curtis, Blackburn F/T

Steve Guppy, Celtic F/T

Peter Canero, Kilmarnock £ 250 000

Lee Morris, Derby £ 120 000

Nikos Dabizas, Newcastle F/T

Ben Thatcher, Tottenham F/T

Nicolas Priet, Lyon F/T

2004/2005

Gareth Williams, Nott For £ 500 000

Jason Wilcox, Leeds F/T

Martin Keown, Arsenal F/T

Nathan Blake, Wolves F/T

Dion Dublin, Aston V F/T

Danny Tiatto, Man City F/T

David Connolly, West Ham £ 500 000

Mark Blake, Wolves F/T

Joey Gudjonsson, Wolves F/T

Scot Gemmill, Everton F/T

Chris Makin, Ipswich F/T

Patrick McCarthy, Man City £ 100 000

Stephen Hughes, Rangers £ 100 000

Alan Maybury, Hearts Nominal

Mark de Vries, Hearts Nominal

Lars Hirschfeld, Dundee Utd F/T

2005/2006

(M) Patrick Kisnorbo - Hearts - F/T

(G) Paul Henderson - Bradford - F/T

(M) Mo Sylla - Celtic - F/T

(G) Rad Douglas - Celtic - F/T

(D) Nils Eric Johansson - Blackburn - F/T

(D) Patrick Gerrbrand - Hammarby - £ 200 000

(D) Peter Gilbert - Plymouth - £ 200 000

(M) Joe Hamill - Hearts - F/T

(F) Iain Hume - Tranmere Rovers - £ 750 000

(F) Elvis Hammond - Fulham - £ 200 000

(F) Matty Fryatt - Walsall - £ 750 000

2006/2007

(M) Josh Low - Northampton - F/T

(M) Andy Johnson - WBA - F/T

(D) Darren Kenton - Southampton - F/T

(D) Gareth McAuley - Lincoln - F/T

(F) Danny Cadamarteri - Grays - F/T

To be honest, the closest to 'exciting' at the time were Ferdinand, Gillespie, Wilcox, and probably Keown. Even then none of them are what I'd really call exciting... I did have reasonably high hopes, though. I got taken in by their big names. :S:ph34r:

There are a few more that I felt properly positive about, but not close to being excited by. Only a few from the last three seasons, though.

The list of incoming players from 02/03 onwards (from norfox.net):

To be honest, the closest to 'exciting' at the time were Ferdinand, Gillespie, Wilcox, and probably Keown. Even then none of them are what I'd really call exciting... I did have reasonably high hopes, though. I got taken in by their big names. :S:ph34r:

There are a few more that I felt properly positive about, but not close to being excited by. Only a few from the last three seasons, though.

And what a bag of shite so many of them proved to be.

And what a bag of shite so many of them proved to be.

It really says a lot about the quality of the squad over the last few seasons that our longest serving players have only been with us for about two and a half years now (Academy players excluded). Even then we've gone and stuck a couple of them on the transfer list! lol

Archived