Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

4 Keepers

Henderson

Logan

Nielsen

Douglas

1 maybe 2 need to go, who will they be, personally I'd let anyone who wants Douglas have him for any money we could possibly get and put Logan out on loan.

Henderson

Logan

Nielsen

Douglas

1 maybe 2 need to go, who will they be, personally I'd let anyone who wants Douglas have him for any money we could possibly get and put Logan out on loan.

Sounds fair to me - but who'd take Logan on loan these days? He's not really setting the world on fire.

Sounds fair to me - but who'd take Logan on loan these days? He's not really setting the world on fire.

I'm sure a League 1 or 2 club would have him, I think it was Boston who did that previously and liked him all though I might be wrong.

I'm pretty sure anyone who wants Douglas will be welcome to him as far as the club are concerned, Hendo could be transfer listed and Logan could either go on the list or be loaned out... still think we could well end up with another new keeper comming in.

Henderson

Logan

Nielsen

Douglas

I agree! :thumbup: Oh, and Boston fans did like him, apparently played 10 games and got 4 motm's?

im sure plenty of league 2 sides would take him and im sure some league 1 sides but i do think that selling rab is a good idea as hes..well..shit, and sending logan out on loan would be a posative move as he needs the experience and will be better in a few years time maybe when hes 24+

Neilson - 1st Choice

Logan - on the bench, young and can still improve

Douglas - 3rd Choice, until his contract runs out

Henderson - Sell he's the only one we'll get any money for and therefore is wasted as a sub

I'm sure a League 1 or 2 club would have him, I think it was Boston who did that previously and liked him all though I might be wrong.

Well they bid for him and their fans voted him Man of the Match several times.

Logically, there being little difference in standard between Henderson and Logan, then Logan would be the obvious understudy, assuming, as is obviously intended, that the Dane is the intended first choice.

I doubt Henderson would relish going back to permanent reserve football at his age but, because Logan is still learning, perhaps being understudy and getting regular reserve games won't be so bad for a season.

I want to see the new guy first. I've always thought Hendo was a good keeper, his shot stopping is great and this season even his kicking has improved. Maybe if he had a decent defensive in front of him he'd keep more cleansheets.

Get rid of Henderson and Douglas pronto.

Hmm don't know about getting rid of both. Rab definitely.

Would you want to promote someone from the Academy (no idea who our keeper is for them) or sign another (wouldn't favour that option, would rather resources were focussed on signing outfield players)?

I would've thought Allen has signed Jimmy to be first choice?

No point in signing a back up keeper when we've already got 2 mediocre and 1 shite keeper already!

Hendo will probly leave for £150Kish, Logan as back up, Rab 3rd choice/keeper coach!

I wonder if O'Neill is still on the look out for a reserve keeper? :ph34r:

Henderson

Logan

Nielsen

Douglas

But logan's still young so in a few years he could be quite good :rolleyes:

But logan's still young so in a few years he could be quite good :rolleyes:

Might also still be crap, to be honest there's little to suggest that he'll mature into a good keeper... however i wouldnt mind giving him a chance next season through a decent loan deal.

Hmm don't know about getting rid of both. Rab definitely.

Would you want to promote someone from the Academy (no idea who our keeper is for them) or sign another (wouldn't favour that option, would rather resources were focussed on signing outfield players)?

It's one of my biggest bug-bears in football - having players on decent wages who never play for the first team. This was one of the main reasons I didn't want Warnock to come in as manager. You end up with a large part of the wage bill being spent on players who he has fallen out with or discarded for whatever reason. We don't need three goalkeepers let alone four. In the past we've had some decent combinations going back to the days of Gavin Ward and Kevin Poole, right through Kasey Keller/Tim Flowers and Pegguy Arphexad, Ian Walker and Simon Royce/Danny Coyne. We never needed a third keeper. Cisak or Pentney will be fine as third-choice keepers to sit on the bench if one of Nielsen or Logan get an injury. And if both get injured, you bring someone in on an emergency loan, you don't pay someone thousands of pounds a week just in case.

Bingo Jimmy is obviously going to be our first choice at the start of the season. Logan has proven he can do a job if called upon but isn't really up to scratch as a first-choice first-team goalkeeper (yet?)

It's driven me mad the idea of Douglas sitting around on thousands of pounds a week doing nothing. I have nothing against him but we need to get rid of him if we're not going to use him at all.

And as for Henderson, my main gripe with him is that he hasn't proven he is any better than Logan. Out of the two, my mindset is to keep the younger one and see what we can coach into him. I don't want him being Rab Mk II and sitting on the bench all season on decent wages (just signed a new contract). I'd ship him out ASAP.

Henderson

Logan

Nielsen

Douglas

I want to see the new guy first. I've always thought Hendo was a good keeper, his shot stopping is great and this season even his kicking has improved. Maybe if he had a decent defensive in front of him he'd keep more cleansheets.

surely someone like derby/sheff utd would nead a reserve keeper in henderson

Fez has hit the nail squarely on the head.

He's nailed the badger to the wall, as it were.

The rest of you may as well fu ck off with your tails between your legs.

Errr....

Why more posts?

Fez finished it.

Topic closed. Conclusion reached.

Pah.

You just can't get the posters these days....

Hold on its 6 keepers! We offered Carl Pentney and Alex Cisak contracts. Thracian should know something about them

The new Shilton and Banks.

Only Beaglehole and Thracian see it though. The rest of the footballing world has an irrational, unsaid, silent and unfair grudge against them.

Archived