Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
uncle_connolly

Foxes Linked With Jarvis Again

Finally a rumour about a decent winger coming to Leicester.

Hope we can get this guy in. Thoughts?

I thought Charlton were after him, could a bit of a battle for his signature but I'd be very happy with the signing. There was talk of him going to a Prem club back in January so he'd be a decent signing for us

Stats for current club:

Career Details

Club: Gillingham (No 21)

Starts: 37

Position: Midfield

Sub On: 1

Sub Off: 3

Goals: 6

Yellow Cards: 1

Red Cards: 0

Minutes On Pitch: 3331

I'd take both for a combined fee of £1.25 million or less. Any more than that and i'd be slightly aggrieved. Both got massive potential, but we've not got endless money and we need another 8 players.

Izale will muchos costus moneyos, we should stick clear.

Jarvis on the other hand is a contract rebel and will more than likely be going on the cheap.

Jarvis on the other hand is a contract rebel and will more than likely be going on the cheap.

If we get Jarvis it will make up for signing two 40 year old chef's to play in defence.

My only worry with these two is that they have no experience at this level or above. I feel we need players that have done it in the Premiership and/or this division. It's a lot of money to be splashing out on signings who will effectively be a risk.

My only worry with these two is that they have no experience at this level or above. I feel we need players that have done it in the Premiership and/or this division. It's a lot of money to be splashing out on signings who will effectively be a risk.

I think that's why we'll see some experienced players coming in as well such as N'Gotty, De Zeeuw, Hendrie, Kishishev, etc. Plus some up and coming rippers from the lower leagues. Time will tell whether this is the best route to go.

All I know is, i'm pretty sure if Mandaric hadn't taken over we'd not be linked with any of the players we have been so far this season. I doubt we'd be signing anyone, just selling.

We signed 2 experienced players yesterday, we need to add some youth to the mix to ensure our pie is fruitful. We could just get Mickey Adams back in charge if you want a bunch of old codgers.

We signed 2 experienced players yesterday, we need to add some youth to the mix to ensure our pie is fruitful. We could just get Mickey Adams back in charge if you want a bunch of old codgers.

I'm not talking about age, I'm talking about experience of the top 2 divisons in this country. N'Gotty has that, but neither Nillson, McLeod or Jarvis do.

I think after seeing so many players come in from lower leagues and foriegn leagues over the last 3 seasons I worry we are making the same mistake.

I'm not talking about age, I'm talking about experience of the top 2 divisons in this country. N'Gotty has that, but neither Nillson, McLeod or Jarvis do.

I think after seeing so many players come in from lower leagues and foriegn leagues over the last 3 seasons I worry we are making the same mistake.

I agree with what you are saying, but inevitably any signing is a potential risk. With the management side of things looking alot better now (I hope), we should be expecting better results from all our players on the pitch

I'd take both for a combined fee of £1.25 million or less. Any more than that and i'd be slightly aggrieved. Both got massive potential, but we've not got endless money and we need another 8 players.

We would be so far up the shitter if Mandaric didn't come here. :unsure:

Agree totally on McLeod, MKDons will want a lot for him and frankly i dont think he's worth more than £300k (tops!), but they'll be looking for 4/5X that kind of money and it's just not worth it!

Jarvis on the other hand would be a very sound signing and is (as you say) going on the cheap, though coz he's young his fee will be set by arbitration... if he was going to Charlton I think he'd have already gone frankly and we've been consistently linked with him, be a quality adition to the side and set us back a good deal less than £500k I'd expect :thumbup: ...by the by can he play on both wings?

Agree totally on McLeod, MKDons will want a lot for him and frankly i dont think he's worth more than £300k (tops!), but they'll be looking for 4/5X that kind of money and it's just not worth it!

Jarvis on the other hand would be a very sound signing and is (as you say) going on the cheap, though coz he's young his fee will be set by arbitration... if he was going to Charlton I think he'd have already gone frankly and we've been consistently linked with him, be a quality adition to the side and set us back a good deal less than £500k I'd expect :thumbup: ...by the by can he play on both wings?

Yep and can be a make-shift striker. Usually plays on the left wing however he's naturally right footed.

Like you say, the consistent rumours are promising and could suggest he'll be the next one to join :)

My first post all, so a big HELLO to you all.. I have watched the Gills a few times this season and whilst its usually a laugh, Matt Jarvis is a good player. Gills fans love him. However, strangely they are still hacked off we "stole" Peter Taylor !! I think they'll hate us more if Jarvo leaves and joins us. He will fit in well - he's a battler! Something we haven't seen for a while..

My first post all, so a big HELLO to you all.. I have watched the Gills a few times this season and whilst its usually a laugh, Matt Jarvis is a good player. Gills fans love him. However, strangely they are still hacked off we "stole" Peter Taylor !! I think they'll hate us more if Jarvo leaves and joins us. He will fit in well - he's a battler! Something we haven't seen for a while..

Kentfox.

We should like meet up.

And talk Leicester.

And stuff.

Gills know he's gone.

The longer before he actually moves, the more his agent is touting him about. That's what concerns me anyway.

I'd really like us to sign this guy. Think the move up to Championship football would be a comfortable one for him.

Gills know he's gone.

The longer before he actually moves, the more his agent is touting him about. That's what concerns me anyway.

I'd really like us to sign this guy. Think the move up to Championship football would be a comfortable one for him.

Agreed, good player Matt Jarvis (better than Porter any hoo :whistle: )

Archived