Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

McCarthy Gone

I don't think that you can really compare Darren Bent to Shevchenko. His scoring record in the Champions League is very good and the experience of doing that is bound to put the price up even more.

but would you say bent is half as good and therefore worth 17m?

no bent is'nt on anywhere near the level of shevchenko, he just had a VERY bad season in a new country where he cant speak the language

Everybody knows that Chelsea payed over the odds for Shevchenko. As has been said earlier Owen can be got for 9 million so that really does put this into perspective.

If you got 17 million for Bent then you have done a very good bit of business, I think you'll get held to ransom and he'll go for around 8/9 million.

remember bent scored 22 goals in his first season with a very poor team behind him playing up frount on his own. he had a bad season last season because he spent most of the season injured and was playing in frount of an even worse team. also he's only 22 (i think) and sheva's 31 (again i think)

emleee - is that the player we've signed?

remember bent scored 22 goals in his first season with a very poor team behind him playing up frount on his own. he had a bad season last season because he spent most of the season injured and was playing in frount of an even worse team. also he's only 22 (i think) and sheva's 31 (again i think)

yes but sheva has YEARS of proven ability on a world stage

btw that is paddy mac

yes <_< :(

Yes it is the player you have.

Fair point you make, but the thing is Chelsea wanted a proven European striker, which was Shevchenko. Any of the clubs that are going to go in the market for a striker at 17m, are going to look for someone that has played in Europe, assuming this team play in Europe. Which is why I think you'll get around 8/9 million.

he looks a bit lippy.

btw roy - i hope we are gettin rid of m bent. i thik he's only there for the money and is rather arrogant for an average player. however i dont think anyone will take him. hopefully if somone buys darren we could sent marcus and hope they dont notice the difference :whistle:

he looks a bit lippy.

btw roy - i hope we are gettin rid of m bent. i thik he's only there for the money and is rather arrogant for an average player. however i dont think anyone will take him. hopefully if somone buys darren we could sent marcus and hope they dont notice the difference :whistle:

nah he's just a typical paddy really.

as for m bent send him back gift wrapped to

Mr M Mandaric

The Walkers Stadium

Filbert Way

Leicester

LE2 7FL

Marcus Bent wasn't bad when we loaned him.

yeah i thought that! i think you must have got the best of him.

jimmy shall we sent lisbie and see wether you like him if not return to.

mr S Jordan

selhurst park

somewhere in Croydon

;)

yeah i thought that! i think you must have got the best of him.

jimmy shall we sent lisbie and see wether you like him if not return to.

mr S Jordan

selhurst park

somewhere in Croydon

;)

fook it we'll through hammond and MdV in to the bargain and take lisbie on trial

I think you'll end up with £12million for Bent, perhaps £13million if Wham have to outbid Spurs to get him.

I think 12 mil is a fair price. I just wanted to throw the topic out there and see what the response was.

Archived