Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

McCarthy Gone

Cafc fan here.

looks like we've been had again. I thought after traore we would have learnt and been more careful. Saying that i've never seen him play but it doesn't look too good from what i've seen on here.

I'm also worried about the emphasis on potential. Its a word constantly link with kevin lisbie and now he' 27 everyone is wondering what has happened.

How about you return our favour and take your pick from lisbie, kish or fortune?

Cafc fan here.

looks like we've been had again. I thought after traore we would have learnt and been more careful. Saying that i've never seen him play but it doesn't look too good from what i've seen on here.

I'm also worried about the emphasis on potential. Its a word constantly link with kevin lisbie and now he' 27 everyone is wondering what has happened.

How about you return our favour and take your pick from lisbie, kish or fortune?

Or Matt Holland ? :unsure:

He seems to be linked with us a fair bit...Any chance of him coming here. What's he been like for you lot lately? Do you want him to stay?

Cafc fan here.

I'd take Kishishev like a shot. The main reason for Leeds' mini-revival at the end of last season and the sort of committed character we need in our midfield. He might not have the quality to play in the Premiership but he'd be an asset at this level in my opinion.

Glad he's gone and what a price!

I told you Charlton have more money than sense.

However £650,000 and the £2 million they paid for Varney are a drop in the ocean for them.

spot with exception of the drop in the ocean bit. I can't see where our money comes from bearing in mind we spent big last year and got religated and had to pay fat jimmy floyd 60k a week for sod all.

on matt holland, he's certianly not as good as he used to be but he works his socks off (somthing you appreciate with JFH, Lisbie, faye etc in your team). he would be a great loss because he is a fantastic role model and should be captain. he covers every blade of grass and plays for the shirt. he's now quite slow but his stamina and experience makes up for it. the lastest rumour is that portsmouth have offered him more money than we can match in wages for him so we could loose him and myself and a lot of charlton fans would be very sad to see him go!

I'd take Kishishev like a shot. The main reason for Leeds' mini-revival at the end of last season and the sort of committed character we need in our midfield. He might not have the quality to play in the Premiership but he'd be an asset at this level in my opinion.

I agree, as has been said it does take a good combination of experience and youth to get out of this division, it's just the right mix of it. N Gotty knows what it takes to get out of this league and Kishishev has played in this division before aswell.

Actually that is a bit harsh on kish. he is how ever very fustrating especially when he tries do tricks on the edge of your box or an ambitious back pass when there are easier options on. he's also quite old. he does have good work rate but i dont think pars rates him and therfore its better that we arn't paying his wages to play for the reserves

I agree, as has been said it does take a good combination of experience and youth to get out of this division, it's just the right mix of it. N Gotty knows what it takes to get out of this league and Kishishev has played in this division before aswell.

well we said this week was going to be excirting and that it is certainly has been, and i think more is to come. i feel sorry for charlton though you are now the laughing stock of the championship im afraid- you have just paid out 650K for one of leicesters worst players and considering we were near the bottom last year what does that say about that. just like traore last year you have been ripped off. Milan and Martin are fast making there way into my good books, i feel a real sense of excitement about this and i look forward to next season. However i may not be kistening to many games due to playing comitments. i think even more exciting times to come, and lets aim for a cup nmext year the carling or sommit. Martins blue and white army (bliss to my ears) we are on our way

p.s- analysis of mcarthy- hot headed idividual, who gets red cards for arguing with the ref needlesly, kisses the badge as if you love him, and well he can sort of defend at times. but normally he loses his man, and follows the ball. Goodbye paddy we wont be missing you boyo

i feel sorry for charlton though you are now the laughing stock of the championship im afraid- you have just paid out 650K for one of leicesters worst players and considering we were near the bottom last year what does that say about that.

I don't think they will be really. McCarthy is pretty much an unknown quantity amongst the rest of the Championship fans. Maybe the laughing stock of Leicester though :dunno::thumbup:

spot with exception of the drop in the ocean bit. I can't see where our money comes from bearing in mind we spent big last year and got religated and had to pay fat jimmy floyd 60k a week for sod all.

on matt holland, he's certianly not as good as he used to be but he works his socks off (somthing you appreciate with JFH, Lisbie, faye etc in your team). he would be a great loss because he is a fantastic role model and should be captain. he covers every blade of grass and plays for the shirt. he's now quite slow but his stamina and experience makes up for it. the lastest rumour is that portsmouth have offered him more money than we can match in wages for him so we could loose him and myself and a lot of charlton fans would be very sad to see him go!

the money is coming from the (almost) inevitable sale of darren bent this summer.

paddy mac was a decent player when he kept his head, with an experienced pro around he could become a deccent player in the prem

spose... :cry:

from people who the sale of darren bent wont effect directly, do you think we'll get the 15m that we are reportedly after

If you do, I think you've done well to get that. :thumbup:

To me it seems a little over priced, but he's done well for you lot, no doubt about that.

This is absolutely brilliant, £650,000 for that plank!!!! If someone said to you 6 months ago we would receive that sum of cash for McCarthy you would never have believed it.

All I can say is to Charlton Athletic…… lollol :w00t: :!: :smile::wave: :thumbsup: :scarf:

286270~Businessman-Caught-with-His-Pants-Down-Posters.jpg

Bye Bye Paddy!!!!!

Good business. I have to say I have reached the point where I really don't care if every single one of the pre Allen team are sold. I have no affection for any of them after last season. Pah.

Same here, that even goes for players such as Hume (I know he's just signed a new contract) or Fryatt, e.t.c...My view on the better players from last season is that if we keep them good if we can't keep hold its not exactly end of the world, As for the rest of them, well the can just fuk off!

Someone made me laugh the other week just after we were made safe someone said to me "Ah why are you slagging the players off, there they players that have kept us in this league, saved us for 2 years running"

...He forgets there also the same players that have got us in the posistion for 2 years running in the first place.

I don't think you will, surely he will become unhappy if Charlton repeatedly reject 'decent' offers, like £8mil etc. :dunno:

I personally wouldn't say 8mil was a decent offer when you consider 34m for shevchenko, 18m arsenal paaid for reyes and of course 650k for mcCarthy, but then i'm going to be a little bit bias.

I personally wouldn't say 8mil was a decent offer when you consider 34m for shevchenko, 18m arsenal paaid for reyes and of course 650k for mcCarthy, but then i'm going to be a little bit bias.

I don't think that you can really compare Darren Bent to Shevchenko. His scoring record in the Champions League is very good and the experience of doing that is bound to put the price up even more.

spose... :cry:

from people who the sale of darren bent wont effect directly, do you think we'll get the 15m that we are reportedly after

not a hope in hell as you can get mickey owen for less

£8m for him is great, he had a decent 1st season but a rather less spectacular second season, maybe a little more then everton paid for AJ but not much more

:( maybe that explain's why he never smiles when he has a picture with me .....

What am I going to do with the banner now?

In the wardrobe to keep the Muzzy, Connolly and Joey one's company :cry:

that's the worst bit

I suggest you burn it!

Begs the question why on earth make it in the first place?

Archived