Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

McCarthy Gone

Charlton plc chairman Richard Murray said: "We're very pleased to make Patrick our latest signing.

"He has all the right attributes and that fact he was captain of Leicester City shows he is a leader and proven at Championship level.â€

No scouting system there aswell?? :whistle:

Finally someone who agrees :frusty::thumbup:
Come on, an initial 650K for a squad player. That's a good deal for us.

Especially as he didn't want to stay, why get upset over a player who wasn't interested in playing for LCFC, not even for an improved contract. Seems like he wasn't prepared to compete with N'Gotty, Kiso, McAuley, Kenton, Stearmn and whoever or Charlton offered him an even better deal either way no great loss then.

:cry:

That's all I have to say

C'mon. Beauties come and go. Most men speak out of experience.

Admit it: it was only a crush.

You got Bruno now. I heard the rumour he brings along a massive chunk of experience. :mrgreen:

C'mon. Beauties come and go. Most men speak out of experience.

Admit it: it was only a crush.

You got Bruno now. I heard the rumour he brings along a massive chunk of experience. :mrgreen:

But he's just not Paddy :(

charlton will have a bit of cash to spare, and 650k is probably nothing to them, so i guess he is gonna be earning a lot of wedge, also they are a better bet to go up than us...

could well be that he knows who else is likely to be joining this summer - what odds on de zeuw or similar being revealed shortly?

Finally someone who agrees :frusty::thumbup:

I agree. I still think McCarthy's going to be a good defender. He lost his form and stopped improving, but then, so did virtually all of our squad last season under Kelly. He is a good tackler, strong, committed. He just lacks someone telling him where to stand so that he doesn't have to make a last ditch tackle. Under the right guidance, I think in 5 years time, he will be solid.

Not really surprised that he chose not to stay with us, despite a contract offer. The players know who are favourites, who are not so no surprise he would choose Charlton over us (not to mention they currently have a better team than us).

Sad to see Paddy go, as I'm convinced he could be a decent player, but a half a mill profit for 2 and a bit seasons is good business and too good to turn down.

I agree. I still think McCarthy's going to be a good defender. He lost his form and stopped improving, but then, so did virtually all of our squad last season under Kelly. He is a good tackler, strong, committed. He just lacks someone telling him where to stand so that he doesn't have to make a last ditch tackle. Under the right guidance, I think in 5 years time, he will be solid.

Not really surprised that he chose not to stay with us, despite a contract offer. The players know who are favourites, who are not so no surprise he would choose Charlton over us (not to mention they currently have a better team than us).

Sad to see Paddy go, as I'm convinced he could be a decent player, but a half a mill profit for 2 and a bit seasons is good business and too good to turn down.

The main reason for loss of form was he was suffering with injuries a lot last season

Good, Turned down a new contract from us :blink: Surprised about that, What are the chances he'll be able to slack as much at another club and still be on good money?

TBH he was one of the more "passionate" players out of the "lazy clan" still - Close the door on your way out.

Hopefully the rest are shitting themselves now, Mind you there still gonna be in a job by the looks of it so they'd hardly be shitting themselves...ahhh you get my point - I want the ALL most out of the club...

Archived