Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

McCarthy Gone

I presume you didnt want Varney to come here then..?

Not for 2million thanks, because he is a Leicester fan seems to be the only reason people want him. If Sharp is going for 2.5million, its too expensive for Varney. Much like the McLeod situation.

Yer...

Good luck with Mcarthy....beacuse he is crap.

Well he can't be as bad as Traore was last seaon for us, And Fortune was before we loaned him out to stoke.

Good luck for the season under your new manager because you have found a quality manager and you should be well safe this season.

"Someday we'll know

If love can move a mountain

Someday we'll know

Why the sky is blue

Someday we'll know

Why I wasn't meant for you."

Just to quote the New Radicals for you.

:( maybe that explain's why he never smiles when he has a picture with me .....

What am I going to do with the banner now?

In the wardrobe to keep the Muzzy, Connolly and Joey one's company :cry:

that's the worst bit

Wow. Just logged onto the OS to be greeted by this deal.

Superb bit of business from the city board and staff members. Thumbs up all round :thumbup:

Isn't it. Beauty is can rise to a million! Makes you feel back in the special fold again.

Isn't it. Beauty is can rise to a million! Makes you feel back in the special fold again.

So far im loving the all new city. Now all we need is some special signings tomorrow. Exciting times!!

Well he can't be as bad as Traore was last seaon for us, And Fortune was before we loaned him out to stoke.

Good luck for the season under your new manager because you have found a quality manager and you should be well safe this season.

No my friend, McCarthy is utter shite. I mean seriously. When you need cool, calm and collected, he's not your man. When you're protecting a lead desperately and need the captain to lead by example and rally his troops, he's not your man. Needless freekicks constantly given away. And pointless and extremely avoidable red cards too. I remember when I heard the news he'd done his shoulder in. I was over the moon. It was some of the best news I'd heard all season.

If you lot were willing to pay an initial 650k for shite like McCarthy, as much as I love the bloke, we should offer you Elvis Hammond. We could be talking an initial 7 figure sum. Magic business from Milan.

No my friend, McCarthy is utter shite. I mean seriously. When you need cool, calm and collected, he's not your man. When you're protecting a lead desperately and need the captain to lead by example and rally his troops, he's not your man. Needless freekicks constantly given away. And pointless and extremely avoidable red cards too. I remember when I heard the news he'd done his shoulder in. I was over the moon. It was some of the best news I'd heard all season.

If you lot were willing to pay an initial 650k for shite like McCarthy, as much as I love the bloke, we should offer you Elvis Hammond. We could be talking an initial 7 figure sum. Magic business from Milan.

Yeah thats for us.

When players leave Leicester all of a sudden they decide its time to turn over a new leaf a as if by magic play and do reasonably well. :rolleyes:

Centre back is one of our strongest positions at present, so to offload McCarthy, who would've been 3rd choice going into the end of last season if he'd been fit, for £650K is very good business indeed. I think he would've been 4th in line this coming season now we've got N'Gotty. That £650K will be very useful in strengthening real problem areas.

I'm interested to see how McCarthy and Varney, Varney in particular, hold up at a club with massive expectations of promotion. If Varney doesn't bang in the goals and look like the new Bent then the pressure will mount and Paddy won't get away with as many schoolboy mistakes at a club that are seriously gunning for promotion unlike us for the last couple of seasons.

Centre back is one of our strongest positions at present, so to offload McCarthy, who would've been 3rd choice going into the end of last season if he'd been fit, for £650K is very good business indeed. I think he would've been 4th in line this coming season now we've got N'Gotty. That £650K will be very useful in strengthening real problem areas.

I'm interested to see how McCarthy and Varney, Varney in particular, hold up at a club with massive expectations of promotion. If Varney doesn't bang in the goals and look like the new Bent then the pressure will mount and Paddy won't get away with as many schoolboy mistakes at a club that are seriously gunning for promotion unlike us for the last couple of seasons.

Sense as always from JBF.

To be honest I can't disagree with much that has been said about McCarthy so far in this thread. I'm pleased he's gone personally. I don't think he's a dreadful player but he was a key figure of a team that looked woeful for two years.

I started a thread in January saying the two players we desperately needed to get rid of were not (only) Hammond, Johnson or Low as everyone was saying at the time but McCarthy, Hughes and Williams. For me they summed up the last two years - some fine individual qualities but just not up to scratch as all-round footballers. They lack essential ingredients for the positions they play and looked absolutely clueless when we were getting outplayed.

Say what you like about the likes of N'Gotty or Kishishev's age but I can't imagine they'd look as bewildered as players like McCarthy, Hughes and Williams did whenever we went behind or were getting overrun in key areas.

Time to get in players who will roll up their sleeves and stamp their qualities on a game.

Archived