Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

McCarthy Gone

bizzare this. 650k is a good deal for us, but i wouldn't say he's as bad as others make out. has the potential to be a solid defender although he must be mid 20s by now. we've got 3 better centre backs and he'd have lost the captancy too i'm sure.

:wave: Buh-bye!

It's a relief to be fair... we needed to rid ourselves of a couple of defenders at least... especially when you consider that half the players we've been linked to are defenders/can play in defence.

The 'initial' 650k is excellent money... and perhaps that one million quid figure we saw briefly could materialize if they get promoted. Which would be even more excellent. :thumbup:

bizzare this. 650k is a good deal for us, but i wouldn't say he's as bad as others make out. has the potential to be a solid defender although he must be mid 20s by now. we've got 3 better centre backs and he'd have lost the captancy too i'm sure.

correct on all counts - especially the bizzare bit.

Out of all the possible defenders Charlton could've signed, why McCarthy?

doesnt matter how much you rate him, there are better defenders out there in the 500k-1mil price bracket.

I think he will be a great signing for us. Pard's knows how to make good deals at relativley cheap prices.

i think you're (snigger snigger) right. (snigger).

For some reason, this might be a smart move by Charlton, they think Leicester might be a threat to the league if Charlton want to go back to the premiership, maybe they have just signed one of the longest serving players to find out what we really are about. It really depends what players we bring in and how we play from now on.

Might sound stupid, but just a thought.

He wasnt our worst player, sure he was flawed but he was a competant player which is more than can be said of many who have played for us over the last few seasons... but £650k! :blink: thats amazing!, to be fair Pardew and Charlton have the cash to invest in this way and i'd expect him to be decent cover for them and to improve under a manager like Pardew (as i think he may have under Allen).

Not a bad bit of business, bought for £100k sold for an initial £650k maybe more depending on the terms of the deal. Not a bad profit margin.

Sorry to see him go, thought he would be a decent player for us, but if he did not want to sign a new contract and he only has one year left we have to get some cash while we can.

Lets now see it wisely spent.

i think you're (snigger snigger) right. (snigger).

Yup. Pardew has done great to re-build our squad since our relegation and this is another excellent capture by him.

Mate don't talk shit, excellent is near Paddy Kisnorbo and Mcauely standard in our case, surely you have got the money to buy them? You've fooked the premiership up with shit players like Iwelumo and McCarthy.

You see what happens when you have football people running your Club?

A master stroke in engineering a move for a player you didn't want to keep. Offer him a shite new deal and force his and his agents hand.

Bra-f'ckn-vo Milan and Don, I can't believe it worked so easily and so quickly.

10/10 :appl:

Yup. Pardew has done great to re-build our squad since our relegation and this is another excellent capture by him.

Your obviously about 12years old and dont know anything about this division. Especially if you think 2.5 million for Varney was good business.

No it's not :frusty::angry:

Read this thread... If you still think its a good signing then :mellow::dunno:

Its a great signing for us...650k for him! :blink:

Mate don't talk shit, excellent is near Paddy Kisnorbo and Mcauely standard in our case, surely you have got the money to buy them? You've fooked the premiership up with shit players like Iwelumo and McCarthy.

Oh haha. VALLEY FLOYD ROAD......WE WILL BE BACK.. :D

You see what happens when you have football people running your Club?

A master stroke in engineering a move for a player you didn't want to keep. Offer him a shite new deal and force his and his agents hand.

Bra-f'ckn-vo Milan and Don, I can't believe it worked so easily and so quickly.

10/10 :appl:

Agreed. Fantastic piece of business :thumbup:

City boss Martin Allen said: "The club made Paddy a very good offer to stay, but he expressed his wishes to go.

"Of course, if he does not to play for this club and be part of our success, that is his choice.

Precisely, if he's meant to be our captain he is meant to be loyal, particularly at an exciting period for the club. Had potential, but, after reading the article on the officilal site, he can piss off to the East End of London and make friends with a load of Cockney wide-boys.

Your obviously about 12years old and dont know anything about this division. Especially if you think 2.5 million for Varney was good business.

We paid two million for Varney and he will learn his trade at the Valley and so will McCarthy. When the boy comes back you will see a massive change in him and be a much better player in progress.

P.s Good luck with Kish you need it when you take him on a free transfer because he is crap.

We paid two million for Varney and he will learn his trade at the Valley and so will McCarthy. When the boy comes back you will see a massive change in him and be a much better player in progress.

P.s Good luck with Kish you need it when you take him on a free transfer because he is crap.

He probably will be better, but will still not warrant £650K+

As for Kishishev, meh, prehaps you will see a bteer player :thumbup: (If he signs for us anyway)

No doubting he always gave 100% but also gave away a stupid amount of silly free kicks, penalties and got sent off far to many times I also don't think he is as good a Mcauley or Kisnorbo or N'gotty so probably a good bit of business imo

Archived