Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

McCarthy Gone

A decent deal for all parties, though not quite on the scale of the £3m Wigan gave us for Connolly a couple of years back.

Those who delight in slating McCarthy overlook the fact that Steve Walsh was just as much a "bombscare" when he was that age, as indeed were Matt Elliott and Gerry Taggart. Only when Walshie had the chance to work with a decent manager did his game improve and I suspect the same will happen with McCarthy.

Now let's use the windfall to strengthen other areas of the team and give Allen extra muscle in the transfer market.

Paddy Macs comments on Charlton website!!!

reading anything into it???????????????????

"I like to think of myself as a leader. I don't like losing and I don't want to be part of a team with people in it that do like losing - that's a recipe for disaster.

"You need characters in the team in this league and there are some tough places to go, places you need to go on a cold and wet Tuesday night and need everybody to stand up and be counted.

"If there are not 11 players in the team that are willing to stand up and be counted you will not progress.

Paddy Macs comments on Charlton website!!!

reading anything into it???????????????????

"I like to think of myself as a leader. I don't like losing and I don't want to be part of a team with people in it that do like losing - that's a recipe for disaster.

"You need characters in the team in this league and there are some tough places to go, places you need to go on a cold and wet Tuesday night and need everybody to stand up and be counted.

"If there are not 11 players in the team that are willing to stand up and be counted you will not progress.

Yes Paddy, we all know that you can shout...

But can you play football?

No.

Is he going to be coming out with that same bullshit when hes getting sent off, being caught out of position and manhandling centre forwards giving away silly free kicks?

Yes.

But getting caught out of position and then needing to make a last ditch tackle rather than just keeping it steady and simple (see NEJ) is what got us £650k for him.

He looks all-action I suppose.

We all realise though that he's headless chicken.

Anyone read his comments in today's Merc?

Decision was easy - Paddy

Paddy McCarthy has revealed that it took him "just two minutes" to decide to join Charlton. Leicester City's club captain signed a four-year contract with the Addicks on Wednesday in an initial £650,000 deal.

And McCarthy, who joined City for £100,000 in 2005, said manager Alan Pardew convinced him it was the right move.

"It took the manager just two minutes to convince me. He was really positive and sold it to me," he told the Charlton website.

"He told me how good the club was, how much potential there is here, and what type of team he's looking to put together next season.

"Everything he said was exactly what I wanted to be a part of.

"Of course, the Premiership is where everyone wants to be, and a big part of the move here was that I believe myself and the club will be playing there in the near future.

"I know the manager feels that way and everyone around the club is positive, and I'm really confident for next season.

"I can only speak so highly of the manager from what I heard from him and the way he came across.

"I'm really looking forward to the new challenge and I'm delighted at being at a new club as big as Charlton."

McCarthy thinks Charlton will bounce back to the Premiership at the first attempt.

"I know more than most that this is a tough league. I've no doubt the club is on its way back up."

Link

Cheers for that, Paddy. <_<

He was always a loner anyway.

When i met him at the Kasabian gig he was by himself, he sat by himself too. The others didn't look like they wanted much to do with him to be honest.

Anyone read his comments in today's Merc?

Decision was easy - Paddy

"Of course, the Premiership is where everyone wants to be, and a big part of the move here was that I believe myself and the club will be playing there in the near future.

"I'm really looking forward to the new challenge and I'm delighted at being at a new club as big as Charlton."

um, paul kitson anyone??? :whistle:

and, charlton = big... :blink::blink:

Seriously days on and I am still finding it funny we got more than a bag of monster munch for him. He is f'ckn shite and I guarantee if he is a regular Charlton will not get promoted.

Even the BBC is questioning Paddy McCarthy's captaining skills!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/6728295.stm

Charlton capture Foxes' McCarthy

Charlton are delighted to have signed McCarthy

Charlton have signed Leicester captain Paddy McCarthy in a £650,000 deal.

The 24-year-old Dublin-born defender McCarthy has signed a four-year deal at The Valley to become boss Alan Pardew's third summer signing.

McCarthy made 82 appearances for Leicester after arriving from Manchester City in March 2005.

Charlton chairman Richard Murray said: "The fact that he was captain of Leicester shows he is a leader and proven at Championship level.?

• 2 months later...

put it this way, he looked poor v s****horpe last weekend.

then today we're 1 up, paddy comes on, instantly they equalise (him 100% at fault), then we go 1 down when he gets done.

v v poor, congrats 2 u lot 4 gettin rid of him and gettin money!! :D:Plol

put it this way, he looked poor v s****horpe last weekend.

then today we're 1 up, paddy comes on, instantly they equalise (him 100% at fault), then we go 1 down when he gets done.

v v poor, congrats 2 u lot 4 gettin rid of him and gettin money!! :D:Plol

We bought him for £100k and when I heard he was being sold I thought we may get our money back. To get £650k was amazing. Do me a favour mate, can you tell Pardew about our emerging new striker Elvis Hammond and the best keeper to come out of Scotland in the last 20 years, Rab Douglas. :thumbup::D

Archived