Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mat_j101

Who is really behind all this

I am loving whats happening right now as much as most other City fans - we are getting rid of crappy, below par performers, have made a few signings and by all accounts it sounds like there will be some more, hopefully quality, signings.

I just wonder whether Allen has actually done much of this. Surely he hasnt yet had time to asses players well enough to determine for himself whether they should be transfer listed. Also, surely he hasnt had enough time to decide where we need strengthening, go and look at tape of potential players, and sign them. It all just leads to me wndering if the process must have started before Allen came in, and some Milan probably has a lot to do with it.

I dont know whether it really bothers me if Milan is doing a lot of this, because it does need doing, but i just thought it was an interesting point.

Combination of the two!

Milan would have been looking at players he feels are assets and Allen would be saying to him: yes get him in he'll be a good asset or no i dont think he'll fit in!

Coaches at the club would be able to tell him about players attitudes. Douglas, De Vries don't want to be here and Hughes, Maybury, Hammond lack effort, ability and confidence. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to work out the that these are the least useful five players in the squad.

Milan is pulling the strings, no doubt. Martin is essentially a head coach - he will be the main man interacting with the players and telling DoF and Milan what he thinks, they will make their decision and act accordingly.

I think that Don Mckay is having more influence than Milan on the signings. The players we are linked with at the moment are very different to the players we were linked with pre-allenm/mckay.

I am sure it is teamwork between the two. MA will have looked through the videos and then sat down with MM and talked about who he wants and who he doesnt want. The two of them , sorry three of them (mackay) will then have sat down and agreed who they need to target as new signings.

It wont work unless the three of them pull in the same direction. Sure MM has the money but it is MA who needs to work with the players.

Is it Milan or is it Martin??? WTF :dunno:

I am guessing most of you don't think about the game :dunno: Because the man pulling the strings is Don MacKay and in many way a nickname of 'The Don' would be most apt. Think about it and his title then you might get somewhere :thumbup:

There is a vison and a plan of what is wanted and Allen has outlined the type of player he can handle and manipulate, MacKay then sorts it out behind the scenes.

Mandaric is spending his time sorting out the mess that is the administration staff hence why MacKay is here.

I am guessing most of you don't think about the game :dunno: Because the man pulling the strings is Don MacKay and in many way a nickname of 'The Don' would be most apt. Think about it and his title then you might get somewhere :thumbup:

There is a vison and a plan of what is wanted and Allen has outlined the type of player he can handle and manipulate, MacKay then sorts it out behind the scenes.

Mandaric is spending his time sorting out the mess that is the administration staff hence why MacKay is here.

But MacKay is in the same position as Allen when it comes to transfer listing players. I know its obvious some of the players are obviously poor, but he has been here no longer than Allen so has had no more chance to asses players like Hughes.

Im not saying any of this is bad, its just interesting

But MacKay is in the same position as Allen when it comes to transfer listing players. I know its obvious some of the players are obviously poor, but he has been here no longer than Allen so has had no more chance to asses players like Hughes.

Im not saying any of this is bad, its just interesting

Allen had DVDs of last season's matches available to him. He's had plenty of chance to brush up on Leicester City Football Club 2006/07.

You look at players like Douglas, and you note he's on a huge wedge, he's not played a game all season (spare the odd 'reserve' friendly) and you've brought in a keeper of your own... making the decision to get shot of Douglas could have been made by a six year old. As for De Vries, he hardly set the world alight when he actually played for us... and then he got shipped out on loan by the previous manager. Twice.

These two players were the ones I expected to be listed/paid-off first... it seems he might have intended to get shot of them when he listed the other three, but couldn't get hold of them. :whistle:

Allen had DVDs of last season's matches available to him. He's had plenty of chance to brush up on Leicester City Football Club 2006/07.

You look at players like Douglas, and you note he's on a huge wedge, he's not played a game all season (spare the odd 'reserve' friendly) and you've brought in a keeper of your own... making the decision to get shot of Douglas could have been made by a six year old. As for De Vries, he hardly set the world alight when he actually played for us... and then he got shipped out on loan by the previous manager. Twice.

These two players were the ones I expected to be listed/paid-off first... it seems he might have intended to get shot of them when he listed the other three, but couldn't get hold of them. :whistle:

Your about right there, its all about the stats who's played who's not, who's on high wage who's not etc!

if he can get the those players on huge wages out he might have more chance of getting some higher caliber players in

I think Milan has always wanted to be in control in some aspects, but I also think he trusts MA to get us quality players in, so I don't really think MM has been involved to much in this transfer rush we're having at the moment !!

Combination of the two!

Milan would have been looking at players he feels are assets and Allen would be saying to him: yes get him in he'll be a good asset or no i dont think he'll fit in!

Also I'm sure I read that one thing that impressed MM when Allen arrived was his the big portfolio of information he brought with him covering a wide range of players.

If true it's a sign that Allen does his groundwork.

Allen might also have anticipated being in the running for the City job and made sure he took a close look at videos of our players so that, when he found himself under consideration, he was able to hit the ground running in MM's eyes by giving a realistic appraisal of who among the club's existing squad he want to sell and who he wanted to move on.

Similar to what Strachan encountered at Southampton.

He mentioned in his book that Rupert Lowe used to choose players for him upon recommendation from the club scout Terry Cooper. Strachan did have a say, but ultimately, if Lowe wanted a player, the deal would be sanctioned.

Archived